What's better for a larger yield? Topping or Fimming?

Got it I will try to follow this as closely as I can thank you again for your knowledge @MDBuds

1 Like

When would be the best time to FIM or Top an auto?

At about 3 weeks of age / 3-4 nodes. Auto - This is my preference - Top first, then fim later after you Topped successfully and it gave you 2 tops, LST it a little and fim the tops. That could theoretically give 8 tops (4 and 4)

2 Likes

:+1:t4::+1:t4: @MDBuds. Can hardly wait to see how she matures. I’ve pruned at every watering. Lots of sucker leaves. Feel bad when I clip her lol.

I got my WW in jar th 56%, I added 58% boniva pack. Burping several times a day. I leave jar open 15 minutes, is this okay. Slight hay smell, but bud aroma increasing.

20201207_163406|375x500
Hope growing in your world is blooming!!

3 Likes

Do not DRY in the jars, that is for curing. You hang, 55-60 degrees (colder is OK), rh 45-55, slight breeze (indirect), dark, check daily for MOLD!. After it is dry (branches SNAP - if only some, jar the ones that do), then jar it, dark place, burp daily and you can move them around (shake lightly). This CURE process can go for 6 mos to a year if desired. You can also smoke after about 1 week. Longer, slower the dry and cure, better the stash come out

1 Like

@Adcrag if rh is under 58% with your boveda packs it’s safe to seal it up. It takes roughly two to three weeks for the chlorophyll to break down which causes that grassy hay smell but as soon as it finishes you’ll be back to that skunky pine smell.

I’d just check it if the RH spikes above 58% with your boveda in there and every few days just to turn them and smell them. Make sure there’s no ammonia smell. As soon as the hay/grass smell is gone though just leave it sealed and only open it when you want to consume it. Oxygen is good at first to prevent mold and anaerobic bacteria but once it’s set and cured it preserves longer the less you open it.

My plants are doing well though. Taking their sweet time getting amber but they’re close. I’ll be drying and curing here soon. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 she already hang dried her white widow. She did it right.

2 Likes

@MDBuds & @Mrb53004, Coming from y’all I feel proud. Still have 3 branches to snap, then in with the rest.

Keep me updated on those babies.

Couldn’t be grower with out you.

6 Likes

Ordered my molasses tonight will be here 12/15 very excited to try it

3 Likes

@dmtscravey awesome man. Did you go with the Earth Juice hi-brix MFP or did you try another brand?

1 Like

I got the Golden Barrel unsulphured organic Blackstrap molasses
Golden Barrel Unsulfured Black Strap molasses, 32 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M1ZYF9E/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_cRW0Fb8P8MMZD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I figured this would get me started

3 Likes

@dmtscravey for sure man. That’ll definitely get the job done.

I would never top an auto unless it outgrew my light, you wont get more weed topping just 2 smaller colas, extra stress, and wasted time, lollypoping will get rid of the small bs so your plants can grow bigger tops.

1 Like

Hey y’all! Got the tent put together. Now all the inside details. Is there a right or wrong way to set up equipment? I’ve watched a lot of you tube, & there’s a lot of different info about setup. Help! (I have all autoflower seeds)

3 Likes

@FatKid there are a few methods to set up your tent depending on the environment you’re setting it up in and your budget. Are you worried about smell or bothering the neighbors? Is the room you set it up in already climate controlled?

@MDBuds I have 6 inch exhaust, humidifiers for dry Ohio winter climate, my tent in in my attached garage (70 day temp/50 night temp) 4000 led spider farmer/5×5×80 tent, light, humidity/temp gages, soil, pots, risers, ink bird humidity monitor, ph meter, all advanced nutrients products, gallon jugs of distilled water. I may be forgetting something. Idk. @Adcrag has been a great help with tips & tricks of the trade :grinning:

2 Likes

@FatKid do you have an intake as well? Intake and exhaust filters with pre-filters? Just trying to get an idea of what you have before I suggest a set up.

It seems like you have enough to get vpd pretty well dialed in though.

Hey @FatKid, you should be good with exhale fan.

Can’t wait til you sprout some girls​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

@MDBuds & @Adcrag
I’m Finally all set up ready to grow!! Its been a helluva journey to get to this point!! Big Shout out to my Bestie @Adcrag for all her help with my set up!! Starting with 2 plants, currently soaking Amnesia & Zkittles seeds… @MDBuds My humidity level with 3 humidifiers is not keeping humidity at 60%. Heat is perfect. Both heat & all 3 humidifiers are on a digiten sensor thing.

1 Like

1 Like