What's better for a larger yield? Topping or Fimming?

My ladies are Autos.

3 Likes

I am currently doing the What’s better topping or fimming experiment right now on a set of white widows. If you go look under “the difference between topping and filming” you can follow the progress of the 2 plants I’m growing. These were taken today

6 Likes

Which one was topped & FLM. They look amazing. I’m watching :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

@Adcrag the left was topped and fimmed and the right was only fimmed. Both are currently lstd as well.

2 Likes

@DDDDave the most i would personally do with autos is FIM. It doesn’t stunt vertical growth and there’s less recovery time so it’s less likely to negatively effect yield in autos.

Some people top them successfully though. I think it’s one of those things that’s going to end up being strain dependent.

4 Likes

The top picture was 1st topped then tied down then fimmed and today I topped one more branch The bottom plant has only been fimmed and LSTd (tied down) And both get pruned every 5 or 6 days to keep growth going in the right direction

5 Likes

@dmtscravey Wow, You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 8 hours before trying again.

2 Likes

@DDDDave I FIMed my Jack Herer and she had an amazing turnout! Got 8 new tops :slight_smile: 184 grams dried and cured with 1 1/2 oz of frosty trim :slight_smile: 105 days to harvest. How to grow Jack Herer Feminized - Q&A she’s posted here

6 Likes

Hello all, just want to clarify. FLM is snipping the pistils in Center of node?

5 Likes

@Adcrag fiming is just barely snipping the top growth of the meristem/cola. Like a trim as opposed to a full haircut.

4 Likes

Thanks for visual. My friend Chris loves your advice lol. She preparing to start growing soon, so I know she’ll be in your ear.
Gonna raise my net & prune. She’s getting big

5 Likes

@Adcrag invite your friend Chris to the forum. She can get her advice “in person.”

You’re welcome though, and thanks.

3 Likes

I have lol, she’s joining. We just can’t talk about this fourm.

4 Likes

@Adcrag gotta keep it on the DL like the old days? Keeping it incognito? :joy:

2 Likes

Hey y’all @Adcrag & @MDBuds it’s me Chris aka FatKid. I will be starting my auto/soil grow after “Santa delivers my gifts” (5×5 SpiderFarmer Tent & matching light) I am following along & learning so much already :slightly_smiling_face: I’m sure I’ll have pleanty of questions along the way

4 Likes

@FatKid welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask away. There are plenty of us here happy to help. Happy growing my friend. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks @MDBuds!! I’m so stoked for indoor growing!!..
I started a random seed, in random soil, in a small outdoor greenhouse in May 2020. Transplanted to a home depot bucket with a tomatoes cage around it. We called her Miss Mary. lol I didn’t know to start any nutrients, until mid summer, & she produced some nice bud!! She has been cut, dried, & is still curing in the glass jars with boveda packs & humidity/temp meter. Burping once a week.

4 Likes

@FatKid good job. Sounds like you have a handle on the basics.

2 Likes

Thanks! Idk, only time will tell!! LoL
20201017_152145|375x500
20201017_152155|375x500

6 Likes

Welcome @Fatkid great looking buds!

3 Likes