Hay smell while drying

My drying room is around 55% and 64F and dark
I have a little fans facing the wall for air mouvement
I took off the big leaf
Now its drying for 4 1/2 and my weed start to have a hay smell …
So my question is , is it normal ? If not what should i do to fix it !
My last crop was smelling the same , its been in the jars for around 3 weeks and still smell hay !
The humidity in the jar is between 60-65 %
My plans was autoflower , they were smelling so awesome before a chop them !
I didn t flush them but i use gaia green organic low absorbtion fertilizer and their last meal before i chop them was a month before !

1 Like

Hi Mathieu!

Nice to meet you! :wave:t2: :smiley:

The hay smell happens to the best of us. Give it a couple of days and it will subside. For more information, have a look at the link below.

I hope this helps! Happy Growing!

1 Like

It happens to everyone. You really should flush your plants with good ph water for at least a week. On your next grow take 1/4 cup of molasses 1cup of white vinegar and 4 cups of water.bring it to a boil on the stove. Pour it in a container with a lid. Everytime you water your plants and 4mil of solution to 1 gallon of nutrients. It will give you bigger buds and give your smoke a good smell and taste​:+1::100:

4 Likes

Hi @Charles I’m gonna try your solution. Thanks

Hay smell will be around the foilage when dry, but it depends on quality. Once trimmed, the manacured buds should not smell like hay. I like 70-75 degrees w 50 % humidity. Dry for 7- 10 days

Hay smell “In my opinion” either excess chlorophyll trapped in flower(s).- or I truly think it’s from bud thats low in quality! :sunglasses:

2 Likes