So paper towel method only way for hgcc seeds?

Sounds like I am in the right group if crazy is a requirement!

1 Like

@Cannaman22 Yes you are i love smoking my own and then i go play in the creek lol

4 Likes

@Daddy1971 earlier i heard people screaming 13 13 13 behind this fence so i peeked thru a knot hole and somebody poked me in the eye and all those idiots behind the fence started screaming 14 14 14 :laughing:

3 Likes

@retiredoldguy I have had good luck with ILGM.com Theyā€™re a Dutch company, but they ship from California, very reliable. Free shipping. Lots of buy-10-get-10-free sales and their prices are way better than Homegrown. With a germination guarantee. I have gotten lots of free seeds replacing duds, once I got a bad batch, only 50% germination. They gave me a voucher for the whole order amount. Their forum is not as good as here, however. I also recently got seeds from cannapot.com in Austria. Long delivery, but it all came. They have lots of landrace seeds from breeders all over Europe.

3 Likes

@c4stevo I always soak the seeds in a glass of water until they crack, then into organic seed starter soil in a plastic cup. I use tweezers to position the seed with the root aiming down. If they crack in the water, they come up in the soil. I have tried the paper towel method and see no benefit for the extra handling, keeping the moisture just so, lots of fussiness for no added value.

The benefit of cracking in water is you can see which are duds right away and not have to be concerned that something went wrong out of sight under the soil.

3 Likes

Uploading: 20211208_212733-1.jpgā€¦ well from now on iā€™ll do that with kushman seeds.

2 Likes

I had 12 new seeds deliverdā€¦ONE germinated. I kept soaking 24 and ā€¦damp paper towel ā€¦ I even lit some candles and incense and chantedā€¦CUME BI YAā€¦ No luckā€¦
They replaced the sevenā€¦ I still have 2 that I will save tell the lights go out. Then plant them and see if creation will solve itself. Gods Gift to Man. Cannabisā€¦

2 Likes

@Ron over here we been talking about this crazy weather :point_right: Smell and taste let us know how your weather has been

1 Like

Weather here is normal . Getting all the California snow. Canā€™t wait tell spring. When it comes to the weather , Sounds like there are always records to be broke.

2 Likes

:+1:Happy Grows for 2022

3 Likes

Happy growing in 2022 smoke smoke smoke

3 Likes

@Daddy1971 guaranteeā€™d my eyes are red :laughing: thatā€™s why i squint and laugh a lot, in this miserable frickā€™n world

1 Like

@DollarBill my wife made me some brownies for new year and boy they will f@@k you up here i got big idea of eating a good size peace when you just need a bit lol

2 Likes

@Daddy1971 :laughing: Yummy, you should have your wife share the recipe over at How do you indulge? :v: there somewhere i shared what the wife and i do on every New Years Celebration hahahaha iā€™m still toasted and our horse looked at me funny

2 Likes

I will say,i have a hgcc heavy sativa green crack x ak-47,will post pics when i get home but dam does she look good! Wish iā€™d taken some clones.

1 Like

How sturdy/resilient are the taps? I germed, good taps but I was worried about hurting them as I placed in the pods. Also ā€“ can I let them germ too long? This tap was strong and pretty.

1 Like

@GrnyGrows Nice job beautiful happy growing

2 Likes

good length for taps is between 1/2 to 3/4 inch. I do not see standing water under the pods so doesnā€™t look ā€œTOO WETā€
When I place a taproot in a pod, I gently roll the pod in between my fingersā€¦or cover the top with more peat / coco, soil

2 Likes

Iā€™m so excited. Praying my good luck continues.

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows you good all the way keep eye around the bottom of the pods you will start seeing root tips peeping out then you can put in medium.i didnā€™t answer on the dome because I never use them

2 Likes