HCC indoor organic grow journal

I take that back. I just did another search and there were a few released since the last time I looked around for one. Here are the links. I don’t know if they’re any good but they have good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1937866092/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H0RxFbKKKZRE0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/187882323X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_A1RxFbFT60TYF

3 Likes

My soil was ready early. Ph and temp was in range so it’s time to germinate and get them potted. Should have these beans in the soil in the next few days. I’m excited.

I use the paper towel method to germinate because it’s cheap and easy. Put a small bowl on top to use as a humidity dome and stuck them under the tv by the power strip so they can stay nice and warm.

Started with 3 BlueberryxBig Devil auto and 3 Critical Purple auto. I’ll do a photo run with the 4 Gelato after I finish this run. Happy growing folks. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

My beans sprouted! Time to get them potted. Looks like the Critical Purple seeds faired better than the Blueberry x Big Devil. 100% germination with those. The blue devils on the other hand 2 fully sprouted, 1 just popped the crown, and the last might be a dud. I’ll give the last one another day or two to see if it goes.

Time to get these ladies dressed and ready. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I am at the other end of the season. But I will be putting new beans in the dirt soon!! After hours of trimming time to rest and salute another fallen soldier.

7 Likes

Got my girls potted up and set up the fans. 48×48×80 tent, King plus led 1500w, 5 gallon fabric pots, now I just need to get a small humidifier. It was only 30% in there. No Bueno. I’ll check back in a bit and see if closing it back up with some water in the pots brought the rh back up. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Since my babies will likely be sprouting tomorrow it’s time to prep some pest control.

This is my own recipe of a garlic and chili oil foliar spray. If it doesn’t look like milk and burn your eyes when you’re done you didn’t do it right. :joy:

Recipe

1 quart purified or distilled water
2 bulbs of garlic
2 red chilis
1/2 cup vegetable oil

First boil quart of water. Put bulbs of garlic and chilis in blender or food processor then add just enough water to cover and set the rest aside. Blend until a smooth paste forms. Then add the oil and the rest of the water and blend well until it has about the consistency of milk. Once blended poor into a container and let it steep over night or for about 24 hours. After steeping strain through a cheese cloth into another container to get most of the chunks out so it doesn’t clog your spray bottle. Store in a dark cool dry place until ready to use. When you use it make sure to dilute it 1 cup per gallon or approximately 1 part garlic chili oil to 10 parts water give or take.

Fair warning, like I said, this stuff is potent and will make your eyes burn and your hands smell like garlic for days so make sure if you’re sensitive to garlic and chilis to use gloves and mix it in a well ventilated area.

Happy growing folks. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Really looking forward to updates on your grow!! Heres my mystery smoke

5 Likes

My little ladies are developing nicely. Most already have their first set of real leaves. One of my Blueberry X Big Devils isn’t sprouting yet. I think she might be the runt of the litter or maybe I accidentally drowned her. If so nbd. I have another bean sprout outside ready to be put in the tent just in case.

Also have my German Chamomile seeded in the 3 gallon on the left in the center and my mint next to it with the big dome. Once all my seedlings are big enough I’ll seed the sweet basil in the pots with them.

I have a feeling this is going to be a great grow.

Happy growing folks! :v::metal::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Absolutely love it. The companions are such a nice touch.

4 Likes

I love companion planting. It really does help with pests and resin and terpine production. I’ve done it outdoor a lot but this is my first time trying it indoors.

4 Likes

We extensively companion plant in the veg garden.

4 Likes

Really love this feed - thank you so much for dropping links to those books and multiple recipes its really helpful! I’m over here writing notes like a school boy in grade school! Haha

5 Likes

Update on that pic from above

6 Likes

@Kronic I just picked up a new book that is an amazing read so far. Best book on medicinal cannabis I have read to date.

It goes in depth about the cannabis plant, the endocannabinoid system, and how to address specific ailments and conditions and how to make the remedies for them using cannabis. This book blew my mind.

4 Likes

Send me a pic of every page!!!:joy::+1:

2 Likes

I won’t go that far with it but whatever knowledge I gain from it will definitely be shared here in one way or another. :joy:

4 Likes

Blueberry X Big Devil auto.

Critical purple auto.

German chamomile.

Mint.

The grow is coming along nicely. I expect some explosive growth in the next few weeks as the plants enter veg.

Happy growing folks. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

@MDBuds sir, i love the look of that organic soil. i always try to immitate natural mountain ground. i used potting soil last time over or because of my pandemic laziness and didnt do bad but i’m back to natural because of my taste buds

2 Likes

@DollarBill I always like using high wood content in my soil. A lot of people say it depletes nitrogen which is true to a point, but if you get your mycorrhizal fungus going and have a healthy level of aerobic bacteria in the soil it turns the wood mulch into slow release nitrogen pretty much and it cuts back the need for nitrogen supplementation through the grow. With my set up I’ll need little if any nutrient supplementation until maybe the last few weeks of flowering.

2 Likes

we cleared 13 acres several years back here on our place. 113 trees (softwoods, hardwoods, pines, even bad damaged sugar maples) there were about 9 kinds of trees. i have a permenate supply of material for soil. And Better Taste in my opinion. see what you think about this deep dug mountain sand mixed with aged softwoods aged hardwoods aged pine bark. (Full 5 Day Plant)

3 Likes