Grow journal #1

@Adcrag like this orange skunk and agent orange I have. 15-20% THC but even on the lower end they smell like dank oranges and give you a great cerebral high that’s better than some Moby Dick hydro I had at 27% THC.

Another one is the Blueberry X Big Devil auto that’s 15-20% THC. Even on the lower end toward 15% it had a really strong skunky and berry smell and did more for me than the critical purple auto I tested in hydro that came out at 25% THC.

So is this a constant? Or just these particular strains? Also wasnt there a post around here on how to increase Terps?

@Eggs it varies by strain. You want one that genetically produces a lot of terpenes and resin. There are ways to increase terpenes as well. Organic soils and amendments, manipulating environment, and adding some UV lighting etc…

@Eggs also yeah I think there was a post about increasing terpine and resin production but I don’t recall which it was. I’ll search it.

@MDbuds, did you say I should just put straight water in since I fed them heavily last time or should I just do a light feeding because they’re thirsty again already? I have tried to find our conversation about this and I just cannot located in the threads anywhere.

1 Like

Coming in with an assist. **Have not tagged others.

#terpineproduction #mdbudshcc

https://homegrowncannabisco.community/c/indoor/the-grow/14

2 Likes

@dmtscravey just water with a light feeding of tiger bloom.

@kmac03 thanks. I completely forgot to mention companion plants. :joy:

1 Like

Got it, thank you my friend and I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

1 Like

Well I’ve honestly never even worried about terpenes until this very moment, but I’ve got a huge dehumidifier, keeps my humidity bottomed out at 30%, my buds r super sticky! But I’d be willing to listen and learn what u know about Terps n what I can do to better my own weed!

2 Likes

Companion plants? Seems reasonable, how does companion plants help resin and terpenes production?

1 Like

@Eggs they work by adding nutrients into the soil from exudates and through decomposition. They also work by sending out chemical/hormonal signals to near by plants.

1 Like

Listen, I have probably forgotten how to tie shoes at this point, no worries. :athletic_shoe: :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Eggs just like how ethylene in cannabis is released as a gas during flower that can cause others to flower and mature faster.

1 Like

@kmac03 my short term memory is shot too. :joy:

1 Like

So companion plants go in the same planter?

1 Like

What did you shoot? Were we talking about hunting? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@eggs some do yes. Like clover, basil, and chamomile. Lavender works better in its own planter and so does peppermint. There are lots of others that work too these are just the only ones I have used indoor and can verify they work under high light and still have the same effect as outdoor companion planting.

3 Likes

Please disregard anything said by me after this point. Thanks for your patience. :heart_eyes: Have a great rest of the day!

The struggle is real. Edit #4. Peace be with y’all!

2 Likes

@dmtscravey you’re welcome and thank you for the well wishes.

2 Likes