HCC indoor organic grow journal

My HCC seeds and my living soil starter finally arrived. Looks like it’s time to start getting set up and put my money where my mouth is so to speak. I really enjoy this forum and I’ve felt a bit guilty creating topics and having discussions with nothing to show for it and like they say the proof is in the pudding. So here’s the start of my pudding.

10 lbs Nature’s Living Soil concentrate (best living soil starter on the market imo and a fair price for what you get). Just mix with your favorite organic potting soil as instructed and you have an easy just add water and watch it grow set up.

HCC seeds
16 BlueberryXBig Devil auto
8 Critical Purple auto
4 Gelato fem

Tomorrow I’m going to mix my soil and let it cook for a bit and let the fungi and bacteria do their thing. Next week I’ll germinate and pot and update this grow journal.

I hope everyone is doing well. Happy growing my friends. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

Here are the links for the strains.

13 Likes

@MDBuds Awesome!!! Can’t wait to follow your journey :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@MJ2299 thanks. I can’t wait to get going. The hardest part is waiting to germinate while you let the soil cook. :joy:

4 Likes

@MDBuds np. But… in the end , it’s all totally worth it!

4 Likes

What a great feeling. That excitement and apprehension.Theres lots of help here, dont be afraid to ask. And write down everything, you’ll appreciate it later. Keeping track of things like temp, ph, what ratios of food etc can come in handy when a problem arises.

@MDBuds a journey begins with 1 step.

4 Likes

I’ve grown before. This is just my first auto run so I’m worried about the soil being too hot but my favorite brand of living soil starter has an auto mix now so hopefully that works out. Since I grow organic I always just top dress amendments when needed or use teas. I’m a thorough note taker and I label everything. It will definitely be interesting to see how autos grow compared to photos and to see what companion plants will work under the 20/4 lighting schedule.

I also just this year decided to try led and I’m getting rid of my dusty old metal halide and hps lights that I Jerry rigged. So I have all kinds of new things in the works.

Thanks for all the support though guys. @Rye and @

7 Likes

Really excited to see your progress! If you ever have questions ask and feel free to tag myself, @Rye, or @organigrower0624 - we are here to help you wonderful growers out!

6 Likes

@Kronic I appreciate it. I’ll definitely ask some questions if I run into a problem I can’t handle. This is the friendliest bud forum I’ve been in so far. You guys are all great.

6 Likes

We try to make a friendly environment! Growing should be fun and calming not nervous enough to not ask for fear of being hunted like a witch lol. We are always here for ya man! -Organi

7 Likes

Soil is mixed and ready to cook. My recipe when I don’t have time to make my own compost is 2 parts kellog garden organics raised bed, 1 part Kellogg organics patio plus, 1 lb per 5 gallons Nature’s Living Soil autoflower mix (if I’m growing photos I use the original mix), 1 cup hi brix molasses to one gallon of water, and 2 cups organic whole milk to one gallon of water, then I moisten the soil with the 2 gallons of mixtures and then add water until I get just a small amount of run off.

Now to let it sit for a week or two so the sugars can do their jobs and feed the fungi and bacteria and kill off all the soft body insect larvae that might be in the soil.

So stoked. By about this time next week if soil ph and temp is right I can get my girls in their pots. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

@MDBuds Ahhhhhh so exciting! Thank yo for dropping your recipe(s) for growers here to benefit from your experience! I cannot wait to see these girls grow!!! :grin: much love and happy growing! :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I too am curious to see how an auto grows. I have not grown an auto or a photo before just straight up regular seeds. so I’m curious, I wanted to try an auto flower myself but yet to do it so I will watch yours 1st! These 2 that I’m going right now the purple Kush and the white Russian are actually the 1st 2 seeds I have ever purchased normally. I just relied on friends to turn me on to a great seed when they found one occasionly. But the headache of waiting to sex them and then ending up with 2 out of 6 or 8 seed drove me crazy! My next grow will be the white Russian and some white widow I believe I’ll have to see at that time. Anyway happy growing and I can’t wait to follow the journey peace @MDBuds

3 Likes

Regular seeds are photoperiod/photos @DMT they just aren’t feminized. Feminized photos grow just the same as regular seeds they just make female plants. Autos or autoflowering can come feminized or regular too (as in both male and female seeds) but HCC auto seeds are all feminized as far as I am aware.

The autos seem fun to grow though from what I’ve researched. Less nutes and water needed and no need to worry about flipping and changing the lighting. My only worry at the moment is if my soil mix might be too hot but we’ll see soon. :joy:

5 Likes

Well, TIL something @MDBuds

3 Likes

@Kronic not a problem. I hated trying to build my own soils when I was a beginner without composting and everyone’s recipe had you pick up like 20 different things and it just wasn’t cost effective for me. This mix here I figured out on my own and you can mix it for under $100 in materials. Makes it easy to start a grow as your compost is cooking and when the grow is done you can just mulch the bud waste into the compost and then reuse the soil because it still has all the microorganisms in it. Just have to amend it with your compost that’s been cooking before planting again. I try to make my grows as sustainable as possible.

6 Likes

We have gardened organically for years, and now have a state certificate to grow medical marijuana indoors.
Can you recommend a written resource for organic indoor grows?

4 Likes

@humanure Are you looking for anything in particular? Soil building? OMRI lists? Composting? Etc…

3 Likes

@humanure welcome to the forum. Happy you found us.

If your looking for specific information for cannabis I actual recommend YouTube videos over written. The visual is very helpful for me. With the wide selection of various producers of content I can find the specific people and content I like.

3 Likes

Perhaps an indoor-specific reference book?

3 Likes

High times has a beginners guide to indoor organic but there’s no book specifically for indoor organic growing that I have found. Everything I’ve learned about indoor organic was from web articles, other indoor organic growers, or trial and error. I wish there was a book for indoor organic cannabis. I’d probably buy one myself if I found it.

3 Likes