First Grow Progress using HGCC seeds

Really nice. Makes you chomp at the bit to get started on the next grow.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Next grow is already started and in bloom. 4 white widow clones, a white widow mother plant sent to flower, and a PKWR and gelato from seed. All have just shown their “pre-pubes” in terms of the first “hairs” sprouting.

I was so impressed by the quality of the seeds that I just ordered more!

3 Likes

They look great Bill! Happy harvest! Just in time for new years!

1 Like

Great looking trim :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks @dmtscravey! Although it’s just for me, I take pride in what I do. Also, it’s fun “playing with” what you created. Almost 9 hours of trimming time on the two plants, but it was worth it. Took all the trimmings (sugar leaves) and dried them. Then rolled joints out of about 20% of it. 60 1/2 gram smokes and about an ounce+ still left.

3 Likes

I’m the biggest derp. Why has it never occurred to me to roll with the leaves as you described? I guess for the same reason I can’t make gravy well, huh? Thanks for the mention!

2 Likes

I’m the same way even though it’s just for myself in my wife you still have to take pride and have fun and what you’re doing. I don’t quite spiral cut mine like some people but I’m going to have to try it once just to see if I can.

1 Like

@kmac03 I’ve always done that. It just seemed like such a “waste” when rolling from bud, so I generally used the shake. It’s served me well! The only thing I make from the leaves that aren’t covered completely in trichs is freezer hash. I try using what I can from the plant, by there are so many others that make serious stuff in terms of tinctures and oils. Nothing goes to waste!

1 Like

I was processing it into oil myself (why is it called oil when it’s a tincture, by the way?). It’s not my thing. I’d like to figure out concentrated pastes (whole plant; avocado like texture) using all of it, but I’m not there yet.

1 Like

Hey @dmtscravey I’m with you. Didn’t add my wife in that last statement but she also partakes. I’ve seen the spiral cut but you need the plant to grow a certain way for that. I did it with the one I posted earlier only because that’s how the buds grew on the stem. I try not to alter the actual shape and character, just removing the leaves to the level of the flower. They have a naturally beautiful shape so getting things looking good only takes a bit of time and patience. If you still have “stock” left from a previous grow, there’s no need to hurry trimming the current grow. I like to have an overlap so I get lots of strains I can choose from depending on what I feel like that day. I’m up to 6 so far…

1 Like

Well Christmas came and went, and my ladies dried nicely. Currently jarred up and curing nicely. Ended up with 1 3/4 ounce of white widow tops (13 total) and 25 grams of smaller nugs. The purple kush x white Russian netted 1 ounce of top buds (13 total) and 17 grams of smaller nugs. Also ended up with enough sugar leaves to roll approximately 100+ 1/2 gram joints and also produced just over 7 grams of medium grade freezer hash.

Not bad for a first run on these seeds. Already have multiple plants (8) beginning to flower, as well as 3 vegging. I like to overlap my grows to try and get a harvest per month.

4 Likes

Nice @Bill be nice for new year have a blessed New year

1 Like

This may not be related to my first HGCC seed grow, but it’s still a gorgeous plant. My bird of paradise (indoor) just began opening up a couple flowers. It has 9 flower pods this year!

7 Likes

I want this. What is it ?

2 Likes

Bird of Paradise. They are absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

Hello All!!! Sorry it’s been a while since my last post, but I’ve had to take time for some new work projects. Still gotta eat!! LOL.

First off, here’s a pic of the bird of paradise plant. It has 7/10 flowers opened (got as much as I could in the pic). In terms of scale, the tallest flower is about 6 feet tall.

Next, these are my next set of plants (sorry for the blurple lighting). White Widow, Purple Kush, GSC, 3 Jamaican. Trying a bit of LST on these…

These are white widow clones - about 6+ weeks into flower - expecting to harvest mid February. Tried various types/levels of LST on these to see how they would react.

This is the white widow mother plant sent to flower, a purple kush and a gelato. These are about 5 weeks into flowering - thinking end of February on these.

All-in-all I’m pretty happy with the results I’m seeing. Lots of bud formation and they’re quite dense. What is interesting though is the size of these plants. None of the plants are over 24" from stem to top tip. Also, the leaves are really small in comparison to previous grows. Normally I can easily keep up with leaf trimming, but I’ve never experienced this. The leaves are not only small, but very plentiful! I’ve been trimming to keep airflow and light on the plants, but that’s about it. Will be posting more pics before the harvest.

3 Likes

Really love your documentation and your plants. I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this before, but today is a new day. I’m wondering what the tubing is being used for. Oxygen? Are you irrigating them?

1 Like

Hey @kmac03 - thanks for the kind words!
The tubing is used for automated watering. Based on how far along the plants are, I can get away for as little as 4 days and as much as 2 weeks without worrying. My system is almost fully automated - adding another watering system that will deliver premixed nutes on a schedule.

I started a “gadgets” topic and have a link to the watering system:

2 Likes

Sounds like I’m part of an episode of Fifty First Dates or whatever it’s called. I’m pretty sure I’ve had this conversation before. Well, at least my memory is resurfacing. :crazy_face:

PS: Thank you for the link. It’s helpful.

1 Like

Well harvest time is here for the next set of plants. Only doing one a day, more or less. Chopped down the smallest plant and trimmed it up today. Here are some pics:

These are all the plants coming down over the next 2 weeks:

White widow harvested today (128 grams wet) - smallest plant (the one to the left of the blue container):

1 Like