First Grow Progress using HGCC seeds

Look at those ladies go! <3

1 Like

Another week has gone by - week 5 flowering. Just gave them a trim too!
White Widow tops:

PKWR tops:

White Widow:

PKWR:

Both:

6 Likes

Oh baby these look amazing @Bill :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Today marks week 6 of flowering. Pics below…
White Widow:

PKWR:

Both:

I have a question about “training” plants for SOG or SCROG. Looking at these plants, they don’t have that “canopy” as I see on a lot of grows. How do you get the lower branches to “catch up” to the upper ones? I realize it’s too late for these, but I also have 6 plants vegging with 7 clones on their way. Any advice would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Although these weren’t grown with HGCC seeds, the bud was awesome (GSC from bag seeds). Pulled this out the other night for a taste of something different:

Also made some freezer hash for the first time using a “dry” method with a silk screen. I’m sure it could be “cleaner/purer” but it’s not bad!

1 Like

@Bill topping and then fimming those tops is the best way to get a big bushy even canopy imo. @dmtscravey has a great example of this in his grow right now doing some White Widow.

1 Like

What you do is when there are 5 or 6 sets of leaves on the main stalk pinch the top off of the main stock and that will let the lower branches catch up to it And then you can continue to do that through veg to whatever branches you want to slow down so the rest can catch up with them and also LST which is tying them down to the side and letting the lower branches grow up why the main branches grow sideways I am doing it right now with a white widow here’s a pic

This plant is 5 weeks 4 days old and 10" tall The other one that I have not topped same day same strain 16" tall

3 Likes

@MDBuds and @dmtscravey - between your two explanations I finally got it!! It now makes sense! I was always under the impression that you only topped the “top” - i.e., main stalk. Topping whatever needs to slow down and/or force to grow horizontally to get things even - that’s how you control the growth so-to-speak. Thank you both!!!

And BTW, @dmtscravey - that’s a beautiful plant! My next ones I hope will begin to resemble that!

2 Likes

@dmtscravey That picture speaks a thousand words when when deciding to top or not to top. No question about it - definitely top!!!

2 Likes

@bill pretty much spot on with your understanding. Fimming after topping lets it bush out more too though so each of those branches that were topped can turn into 2 to 4 tops without further stunting vertical growth so everything can grow together in an even bushy canopy with a bunch of tops. Like in @dmtscravey photo with the topped, fimmed, and LSTd one. That plant is going to have like 30 tops when he finally goes to flower. :joy:

2 Likes

Yep - gotta do it with the ones I’m vegging now. Too early to start any of this except the topping, which I already did. Began some “horizontal training” using plant training wire, but will begin the full process toward the end of next week. I always tend to rush the plants to flower instead of letting them bush out BEFORE setting them to flower. Thanks again guys!

2 Likes

@mdbuds is right that plant on the left 1st I topped it once it recovered from that I fimmed it then I tied it down and then I fimmed it one more time and the whole time I also prune leaves as I go. It all comes together with experience as you go through your grows I am on my 4th indoor grow cycle so I’m getting a little better at all things growing Cannabis.

3 Likes

New week, new pics!
PKWR

White Widow

Both

Trichs on these are about 50/50 cloudy-to-clear ratio.
PKWR

White Widow

7 Likes

Oh yeahhh those ladies lookin amazing! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

They both look scrumptious @Bill

Outstanding grow! :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Well all, it’s that time!!! Harvest time is approaching!!! Monday these babies come down!!! All trichs are 75%+ cloudy, so perfect no-couch-lock timing! Took down the smallest/lowest branch of each plant. I always do a wet trim - they’re drying now. Here’s some pics:

White Widow:

PKWR:

Will show pics of the grow on Monday before/during/after harvest.

4 Likes

Looks great @Bill !

Great job. Great grow man :+1::v:

1 Like

I kind of like the spiral trim on the bud good job

3 Likes

@dmtscravey I was looking at my neighbor’s fake topiary and thought I’d mimic it! :laughing:

2 Likes

Just harvested the two plants and did a wet trim on them. They are hanging in a drying area so no clue on weight yet. Here are some pics:

White Widow:

PKWR:

6 Likes