33 DAYS from seedling

I’m not sure myself, I do hear them speak of mushrooms but I don’t know what strains they are talkin of.

1 Like

not at all. I think they have become legal in Washington. If you got cows, we got shrooms!
As far as ready to cut and dry, try and get a close pic of your trikes. Usually a phone can get close enough. If your eyes struggle, ask your wife. I have my wife do all the hard to see stuff, my arms just ain’t long enough any more. Also the planet is moving too fast and wiggling all the time so I can hardly get a pic that is not blurry. Usually as we get close to cropping, the leaves have given up some of their green color. You can raise you ph above 7 and the plants will give up their chlorophyll as thy cannot take up nutes at that level. This way you cure much faster because you do not have all that green to wait on

5 Likes

That’s an interesting concept! I’ll have to try that on my current grow.

1 Like

So week 8 is here, and so are photos.

I’ve harvested 4 plants. Nothin’ to write home about. A lot of the buds are airy, not much mass. Maybe 1 or 2 colas worth takin’ home to meet mom.
I reckon the reason to be lack of training, lack of defoliating as needed, and lastly but most importantly, lack of knowledge.
6 plants in my 2’ x 3’ space were way too much. 2 maybe 3 plants at the max would be perfect.

I’m seriously considering soil or soilless mediums like FOX FARMS OCEAN FOREST for my next grow. I think it would be easier to maneuver the pots for defoliating & training, than a 17 gal bin.

As soon as the last 2 girls are done, I’m gonna decide. I’ll be pulling the last of the GDP’s tomorrow or Friday, but my Betty Blackberry Kush will take another week or so to finish.

The pics are of the last & best of the GDP, of which there were 5.

8 Likes

They are gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Look at those trichomes!

They’re not called sugar leafs for nuttin’!

Nice grow @GOLLO

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m just livin’ & learnin’.

3 Likes

Aren’t we all! :v::guitar: :boom::comet:

1 Like

Well, I guess Led Zeppelin it is.

2 Likes

@GOLLO So you are working with 6sq ft, OK. What are your lights? Soil or hydro you are pretty limited based on these 2 factors. You could grow more plants and have less yield per plant or less plants and have more yield but my come out close to the same no matter which way you go. A deciding factor will be strain and if you want to crop asap (like a 10 week auto) or go the long way. If you go with photo plants, you can veg longer and flip to flower as you desire, not as the plant does. You will still be limited to 6 sq ft of grow. How high can you go, that is another factor.
Your plants looking goooud but you got plenty grow left in there. Nice trikes but you could bulk it up a little

Yeah, I’d like to bulk it up a little on my next grow. My Betty Blackberry Kush is 25" tall.
She is in the bulk up mode and has stopped stretching. She is an auto. I have about 20" above her to the light. :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

My thinking this minute is that my next grow will be other than hydro. I have 3 gal fabric pots. Right now 3-3 gal pots are the plan. With proper training, I should yield a modest amount.
Also, I’m gonna try autos again. If I cannot grow autos properly, I’m not sure I should try photos. Although I am very tempted to try photos and haven’t completely given up the idea of growing photos. I’ll study on it.

I found the autos to be very resilient to brutalization, training, and topping. The root on several of the ladies grew through the net cup was as large as a pencil. It actually deformed the cup during its growth!!!

I’m thinking fewer plants more yield. The management of fewer plants will be a plus. If I can get multiple colas on one plant I’ll be very happy.

I do have an LED light which seems to work ok, although I have nothing to compare it to. I am lookin’ to upgrade the light with a dimmable LED.

I have been givin’ the ladies 24 hours of light. It keeps everything simple.

2 Likes

Keep in mind Lst is better than defoliation

1 Like

@GOLLO AeroGarden Grow - 2 weeks in Merry Christmas

1 Like

@GOLLO. Nice grow for your first time. I’m a first timer too. I’ve got some catching up to do tho. Lol.

1 Like

You got seeds? Remember, I live not far away and in-laws are down in Henderson so we are there constantly. I got plenty 1,2,3 gal bags. When I do auto, I start in 1 gal, transplant to 2 gal after about a week of flowering, it kind of lets them veg more and grow bigger, than I go to 3 gal bag after it starts flowering again. By using more soil with each transplant (living or organic), you do not even have to use nutes until you get into final flower phase. I make my own calmag, I use lemons so I get vitamin c in there too. I blend egg shells, use 1tblspn egg to 1 lemon (no rind, just juice), let it sit 2/3 days, shaking every day, add to 1 gal H2O, add 1 tblspn epson salt, use as spray to get calcium, Magnesium, vit c, other trace, on plants. They do better / quicker absorption through leaves

1 Like

I’m new to this, so when I say defoliate, what I mean is removing leaves blocking possible bud sites & for removing bud sites & branches that don’t/won’t have a chance.

Do you grow autos? If so, do you use LST? Have you ever topped an auto?
Thanks for the input. :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

You’ve probably already passed me!!! :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

I ONLY GROW auto in wintertime. Yes, I top, LST, transplant. Defoliate - is ok, never more than 40% at once and less often as I get closer to crop. Many times I will just tuck the leaves (if they are large, you can roll them under and use a twistie or something to pin them down rather than cut. Each strain AND grow are different. You DO get to know your plants and who can take what and how much it affects them.
This is my Alaskan Purple auto Topped -

This is my Bruce Banner auto LST’d
This is GirlScoutCookie (7 weeks old) , Topped, Fimmed and LST’d . I transplanted her just a few days ago to 5gal cloth
Here is her big sister 8.5 weeks old, same effects
A better view of underside GSC . Here I knuckled and Chiropracticed her

3 Likes

Hey Doc, if you have time, could you please answer these ?'s about your recipe?

1. Would I need nutes if I started and finished in a 3 gal pot using Happy Frog Ph Adjusted Garden Potting Soil Mix or OCEAN FOREST? What about going from a 1 gal pot to a 3 gal pot?
  2. Do u use the cal/mag daily? Weekly? Once a day?
  3. How much do u make @ a time & how long will it keep?
  4. How many shells per batch?
  5. Do u use the yolk, or the whites?
  6. Does it need to be refrigerated? :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:
1 Like

Are all of those autos? Wow, lookin’ good!!!1

1 Like