33 DAYS from seedling

Why do u grow autos only in the winter?

1 Like

Yes, only auto in the winter. I am an outdoor grower and the heat wave this summer fried my crop. I wanted something fast and easy, auto’s were it. Photo take longer, grow bigger. I got a tent and set it up in my back yard, on the porch, under an overhang. It is 4’ wide, 8’ long and tall enough that I can walk in. Zip, unzip is a pain but I wanted the space and height. I will switch to Photo’s in Jan so I can put out in yard for feb/mar. Then Outdoor grow for summer and hopefully finish before august kills everything. I will keep a few in the tent just in case and am keeping all the holiday cardboard from boxes to try and make dark covers so I can keep 12/12 going on the outdoors as the days get longer.
As far as your question, this is an opinion and not etched in stone. Everyone grows different.
Answered in order of your questions:

1. No nutes needed when you start in any organic / living soil. That doesn’t mean you cannot amend. If you transplant, you are give new fresh soil so there are fresh nutrients. I transplant for 2 reasons -
  1. get more growth…even though auto has a predetermined life cycle, by transplanting you trick it into a veg type state and This can easily get you all the way to mid flower.
  2. if you start many plants, you can cherry pick the best of the best, leave the runts behind and have more room to finagle things. This way the tent gets the best and you maximize production by selection.
    At that point I would not supplement with nutrients unless the girls are showing needs. When you get to late flowering, a finishing bloom type additive works well, We want the P & K portions at this point
  1. CalMag - With the living / organic soils, no need for anything in the soil so I foliar spray. As often as it looks like they need it. Sometimes only 1 a week or even less, the plants let you know. When you water, add molasses with actually helps with the flowering process. I mix it for use with every watering. I also aerate every watering. Oxygen is KEY for the soil,we want that water aerated!
  2. I only make a gallon at a time but keep egg shell powder so I can whip some up in a few days. It easily keeps a couple of weeks / month. You can use vinegar instead of lemon juice and it will last longer.
  3. I use 1 tablespoon of finely blended egg SHELLS to 1 tablespoon of either vinegar or juice of 1 lemon. Let it sit 2/3 days, add water,shake and strain. THEN I ADD my epson salt, 1 tablespoon. I add this to 1 gallon of preparation.
  4. Egg shells only and bake for 25 min at 250F first
  5. No refrigeration. I keep it in a dark closet.
    I do ph my water / molasses every time. I keep my water room temp -65-75 unless I want to get some color / spike the trichomes, then you COLD WATER treat - lowering temps 5/10 degrees each time till you get down to 50F

Others may chime in with recommendations of what works for them, welcome them in and consider them blessings

4 Likes

Have you ever used fresh eggs? If not, where do you get egg shells?

1 Like

When u grow outside, do your neighbors complain or notice the aroma? How close are your neighbors?

1 Like

Do you notice a noticeable difference in outdoor v indoor? Also, what pests were on y’alls menu past spring/summer in your area?

Fresh eggs in the compost. Egg shells - I have a friend who has chickens. We buy eggs from her. Every time I make eggs, I save the shells.
Neighbors - on the right - she never comes out except to get her mail. We are very friendly. To my left, we are good friends and she don’t care.
Indoor / outdoor - A big difference because only auto’s indoor so much smaller, much less odor. I can get from one photo what I get from half dozen autos
Odor - every strain is different. If you brush them, wow, odor travels. If you do not touch, much less. Same for wind. Windier, greater smell.My backyard backs up to the street and I am sure many walk by and smell it but I think it is too vague for them to discern where exactly it comes from. It is just kind of ALL OVER. I do have to get my med license in order as my crops grow

1 Like

Sorry for all the ?'s.

Have a Highpy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

You too. We will have to meet up one day, maybe trade seeds or stash

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. Peace.

Hey Doc, have you tried photos inside? With what result?
I’m thinkin’ my next grow should be photos, but I’m scared of ruining good seeds.

? What do you mean RUIN good seeds?
I have grown photo’s indoors, major grows using hydro. Never with soil.
You do not ruin good seeds. Indoor / outdoor - in soil - Our key is light. anything less than 12 hours of light triggers flowering. We keep plants in a VEG status until we are satisfied with their size. As long as we are 14 hours or more light, up to 18/19 even 20 hours, the plant will continue to grow. You can train the s__t out of them. Bend, twist, shape, defoliate, manipulate, SOG, SROG, supercrop, manifold…almost anything you can think of. The size of our tent is a factor to consider along wit the strain and what we are growing in (medium). When we do auto, living soils have enough nutrients to get the plant all the way to crop. We can increase the yield by amendments and training. When we grow photo’s, we will use up all the nutrients and eventually have to supplement. I usually VEG for 6-8 weeks. When I get ready to flip, I have to make sure I have: ROOM FOR STRETCH - the flowering stage will cause the tops to REACH for that light. They can grow 1/2/3 feet in this stage. Have to make sure we have the room for that. This is where strain and training comes in to play. Sativa grows LONG and thin while Indica is shorter and thicker. I use larger pots to accommodate all that growth. Results - big time increase in yield. Where I am satisfied with 1/2 oz or less with an auto, I expect 1/4 to 1/2 LB from a photo.
Seeds - what do you have? I really have many seeds and actually have traded with some of the posters here on this site. Let me know what you have in mind for Photo seeds and what your likes are and maybe I got extra in case yours mess up. I worry more about time than supplies. I sent out over 50 seeds to others this past month. I can always bail you out, give you some

3 Likes

How many autos, given your aforementioned recipe for training & proper feeding, could YOU grow in a 3’ x 2’ x 6’ cabinet/tent?

I’m curious, cause when I grow up to grow, I wanna be like you.

I do have some BLUEBERRY X MAZARS I could trade for something. That would be cool.
I have:
BLUEBERRY X MAZAR auto from homegrowncannabisco
GDP
GELATO from homegrowncannabisco
GRAPE APE from new420seedguys, plenty of these to trade.
TAKAHASHI HASH PLANT
$100 OG
GORILLA PUNCH from Greenpoint seed co
All are fem except the hash plant which is regular.

The next time u are in Henderson, give me a buzz. I’d like to trade some seeds for 3 of those 2 gal pots. Are they fabric?

I have so many I want to try, it’s hard to pick one first.
GG4
WW
SHISHKABERRY
BLUEBERRY
KUSH
I need stuff for pain especially spasms & cramps. Joint inflammation & neuropathy are my other problems, in no particular order.

I’ve decided to grow in the Ocean Forest for my next endeavor.

Can we upload videos on this channel? I’d like to show you my last two plants.

1 Like

Hang in there, don’t be disappointed. I really think it gets better each time.

2 Likes

I agree with #adcrag it gets better each grow as do you.

1 Like

That’s all i grow indoors I’ve never grown a auto i love growing photos

I have never grown in Auto either I probably I will in a year or so probably after I have mastered the photos first

1 Like

As far as grow space, 2-4 of the 3 gal pots. What is your light?
Yes you can upload a video, no different than a pic
Reach out to MDBuds and ask about strains specific to your medical condition
I grew some CBD plants, DrSeedsmanCBD 30:1 and RED PURE. I was astounded at the relief I got from smoking these. Smell was completely different, not like MJ, more like pipe tobacco. Effects - what a body buzz. Relaxed, chilled, pain relief…I am going to put some seeds back into play for new year

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 I already spoke with him. Gave him a few strain suggestions and terpene profiles to look for in strains.

1 Like

Y’all are the best. I’ll have to let some of my firefighter buddies in on some of the info y’all have shared.

2021 is looking very bright.

PEACE ON EARTH.

I’m pretty sure I’m goin’ with 4-3 gal pots in fox farms soil.

Would I be overdoing it by adding Nature’s living soil to the Ocean Forest potting soil?

1 Like

@GOLLO no. Nature’s living soil works with FFOF too. You don’t need nutes at all that way. Just water and maybe some micros. I’d still use molasses and liquid kelp to feed the soil though. Mychorrizae and bacteria love it.