33 DAYS from seedling

@GOLLO instead of manually changing out the water, get a small pump, put together a small manifold using tubes and make a sump type drain to drain out all the water and then reverse to fill the tanks back up. One side is suction, the other side expels the water. If you have a tank like a 5 gal pail and a 2nd 5gal pail, use one as a reservoir and the other as the drain tank. You just witch the hose from one to the other. If you keep your stuff clean, you should not have to clean out your grow tanks that often. Be sure to use dark hose, not clear

1 Like

When I say amendments, I mean anything other than the soil. The soil I’ve been looking at has micronutrients and such. The bag says, “just add water”.
I was just wondering how many of y’all have tried supersoil without the amendments. And if like the doc says, and I trust him & you, I need to add stuff to get a generous harvest, then I will make it so.

What size are your buckets? Do u have drain holes on the bottom & sides?

I want to do whatever it is to make the girls grow big & strong with lots of buds.

I was looking @ SOHUM living soil. I’m not a chemist, scientist, botanist, or any other ist. I have to rely on other’s opinions of what they have used & what is good, based on their growing experience.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE SUPPORT AND GENEROSITY Y’ALL HAVE SHOWN ME & THE OTHERS ON THIS FORUM.
1ST CLASS PEOPLE AND Y’ALL HAVE MY SINCERE THANKS. :v:t6: :sunglasses:

1 Like

IMHO SOHUM is way way expensive and not much different than products like
FoxFarm FX14054 Happy Frog Nutrient Rich and pH Adjusted Rapid Growth Garden Potting Soil Mix
FoxFarm Qt FX14053 Ocean Forest Soil Bag
Mother Earth Groundswell Potting Soil
Some run a little hotter (start seedlings outside of this soil and that will no longer be an issue)
But all in all, they have the nutrients necessary to get plants to the flower stage
Add a few booster products here and there and you increase the growth / flower factor
Those can be dry (mix up with a little more soil and top dress) or wet (add to your water)
Disclaimer - I am not an agronomist and this is my opinion. I have grown enough years to know that the Cost of Growing increase from all these amendments does not make that much of a difference in our small little tents. That is not to say you cannot grow monster buds in a small tent but that take years, formulas, time and effort

Okay I thought that’s what you meant personally I have always used Miracle-Gro soil a lot of people preach stay away from Miracle-Gro but the first time you grow a plant through it you will only need to water almost the whole time because they have time release type nutrients in it. I only give my plants Miracle-Gro fertilizer one time on the second or third week because it really increases the root growth and I have never burned a plant with Miracle Grow! But after that for I stop because there are chemicals in it that I do not want in my buds. But then after that I usually add just like leaf compost from along my fence line into It remix it good and plant in it again and I still don’t really feed them only two or three times throughout the grow. This grow I have done more to my plants than ever before as far as feeding, topping and all that kind of stuff. I have to do more feeding and whatnot to reach my goal of growing a 1 pound plant in my closet LOL so far this grow is on par for my normal growth other than the topping and keeping the plant low but we’ll have to wait and see how big and thick the buds are to see if all of this extra effort really improves the final quantity of my Harvest. Which I think it will because MDBuds and the other guys seem to know quite a bit about growing and a lot more than I do for sure. Anyway there’s my two cents worth and my growing on a budget knowledge good luck have a great grow! peace to you and your kind✌

1 Like

That is what I needed to know, whether or not it was worth the extra cost. I already have Fox Farm Ocean Forest, which I am using on indoor plants.

1 Like

It is my understanding that Miracle Gro has lots of heavy metals and stuff. I don’t know if Miracle Gro has an organic formula, if they do, I’d be interested in it’s formula. It is also manufactured by one of the big petroleum companies, if my info is correct.

1 Like

You’re probably right I don’t research my companies or anything. They do sell something they call an organic blend it’s in a black bag I believe. But again as far as Miracle-Gro fertilizer I only use it one time per grow so I’m not that concerned with heavy metals. Maybe later on when I have more time and resources to devote to my medicines I would get more in depth but as for now I just need to find the right strain the right plant for my environment and the one that produces enough to get me through from Harvest to harvest. After that’s accomplished then I might go a little more in-depth as to what exactly organic or non-organic or everything is.

3 Likes

Yes they do have an Organic soil mix. Be careful of critters, that is the bad part of the reviews. It has to be fresh, not some bag left lying around for a long time. Makes it hard with Covid that most shelf products are aged / old. Feel the bag if possible. It should not be hard. Order it and when you get it, if it is hard, return it. The soil should be pliable right through the bag.
Heavy metals - unless you are ingesting, you do not inhale heavy metals. A good flush prior to cropping will help. Distilled water draws heavy metals out. If heavy metals are the issue, you should not use and manufactured chem’s, only organics that are certified or home made.

3 Likes

Do any of you dudes/dudettes use or have used CO2? I’ve seen some videos that show bag/canisters of the stuff.
Worthwhile?

1 Like

Show a pic of good soil vs bad? That’s one thing no one showed me in my early learning.

1 Like

I am not sure if there really is a bad soil. In nature, even in the worst substrate, life finds a way. Many times we try to perfect soil based on scientific theories that show that “a” is better than “b”. A bad soil usually is too compact for root structure and prevents Oxygen from reaching the roots. That is where over-watering comes in to play. But there are many plants that live in soil right next to or on waterways (swamps, rivers, streams). A bad soil would be compact, devoid of nutrients. So, if we add nutrients and O2, do we make it a good soil? We desire soils that meet our environmental needs. Tent growing / outdoor / sandy, loamy, coco, perlite, vermiculite, organic matter, hydro, DeepWaterCulture, drip, emitter, spray…basically any way we can get nutrients and water (as the vehicle) to bring the plant what it needs to perform photosynthesis. So, for our desires, we want a soil that allows the plant to perform photosynthesis to the best of its abilities. Being a fruit that loves light (like corn), the more, the better. We water as a vehicle to transport nutrients to reach up to the leaves, from the bottom up, and viola. For MJ, a soil (or substrate, any kind of medium that allows this process to happen) that carries nutrients and O2, well…that is good. If it can’t, that is bad

1 Like

Very well said, and something I will think of when I decide what’s best for my situation. Soil is becoming more appealing, and looking at the pics, if I can grow in a container like @dmtscravey and get a couple of oz’s I’ll be happy.
And yes, we do tend to overthink the simplest of things. I think we sometimes/often take the marvel of life for granted.
PEACE :sunglasses: :grin: :v:t6:

2 Likes

As far as CO2 I have used the mushroom bags. They supply a small amount of CO2. So does fresh air. Unless you have high temps or want to run at a higher temp (for added CO2 to be effective, you gotta get up closer to 80 degrees). Then you get Rh increases so these thing change your setup and you need to mitigate any changes. In a small grow area, I would not bother. If you start increasing your grow footage, A bag or 2 won’t hurt and will help a little. When I did the cost analysis, I did not see that much increase over adding CO2 and running without it. They really started gouging with the prices of the CO2 bags. If you move to soil, you can grow shrooms right in the containers with the plants and you kill 2 birds with one mushroom. Nutrients and watering schedules coupled with good lights was the most effective way to increase the yield.

1 Like

@GOLLO lol, I’ve over thought everything about this 1st grow. Welcome and thanks for asking about some of the code words used!!

Merry Christmas & happy growing

3 Likes

Shrooms did u say shrooms?

3 Likes

Hey y’all out there in hydroponics land.

When ready to harvest, are the leaves still green?

I have a conundrum, My eyes looking upon the trikes tell me it is ready to be plucked, the very green leaves on said fem tells me mmmm, no.

Remember, I’m in a DWC 17 GAL.
Can anyone help?

1 Like

I would say watch the trichomes if they are where you want them no matter what the leaves look like Harvest.

3 Likes

COOL.
THANKS A LOT. BTW, WE ARE READY FOR HARVEST!! :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6: :sweat_smile: :yum:

1 Like

Would it be illegal to talk about how to get & grow magic mushrooms on this channel?

1 Like