33 DAYS from seedling

Aren’t we all! :v::guitar: :boom::comet:

1 Like

Well, I guess Led Zeppelin it is.

2 Likes

@GOLLO So you are working with 6sq ft, OK. What are your lights? Soil or hydro you are pretty limited based on these 2 factors. You could grow more plants and have less yield per plant or less plants and have more yield but my come out close to the same no matter which way you go. A deciding factor will be strain and if you want to crop asap (like a 10 week auto) or go the long way. If you go with photo plants, you can veg longer and flip to flower as you desire, not as the plant does. You will still be limited to 6 sq ft of grow. How high can you go, that is another factor.
Your plants looking goooud but you got plenty grow left in there. Nice trikes but you could bulk it up a little

Yeah, I’d like to bulk it up a little on my next grow. My Betty Blackberry Kush is 25" tall.
She is in the bulk up mode and has stopped stretching. She is an auto. I have about 20" above her to the light. :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

My thinking this minute is that my next grow will be other than hydro. I have 3 gal fabric pots. Right now 3-3 gal pots are the plan. With proper training, I should yield a modest amount.
Also, I’m gonna try autos again. If I cannot grow autos properly, I’m not sure I should try photos. Although I am very tempted to try photos and haven’t completely given up the idea of growing photos. I’ll study on it.

I found the autos to be very resilient to brutalization, training, and topping. The root on several of the ladies grew through the net cup was as large as a pencil. It actually deformed the cup during its growth!!!

I’m thinking fewer plants more yield. The management of fewer plants will be a plus. If I can get multiple colas on one plant I’ll be very happy.

I do have an LED light which seems to work ok, although I have nothing to compare it to. I am lookin’ to upgrade the light with a dimmable LED.

I have been givin’ the ladies 24 hours of light. It keeps everything simple.

2 Likes

Keep in mind Lst is better than defoliation

1 Like

@GOLLO AeroGarden Grow - 2 weeks in Merry Christmas

1 Like

@GOLLO. Nice grow for your first time. I’m a first timer too. I’ve got some catching up to do tho. Lol.

1 Like

You got seeds? Remember, I live not far away and in-laws are down in Henderson so we are there constantly. I got plenty 1,2,3 gal bags. When I do auto, I start in 1 gal, transplant to 2 gal after about a week of flowering, it kind of lets them veg more and grow bigger, than I go to 3 gal bag after it starts flowering again. By using more soil with each transplant (living or organic), you do not even have to use nutes until you get into final flower phase. I make my own calmag, I use lemons so I get vitamin c in there too. I blend egg shells, use 1tblspn egg to 1 lemon (no rind, just juice), let it sit 2/3 days, shaking every day, add to 1 gal H2O, add 1 tblspn epson salt, use as spray to get calcium, Magnesium, vit c, other trace, on plants. They do better / quicker absorption through leaves

1 Like

I’m new to this, so when I say defoliate, what I mean is removing leaves blocking possible bud sites & for removing bud sites & branches that don’t/won’t have a chance.

Do you grow autos? If so, do you use LST? Have you ever topped an auto?
Thanks for the input. :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

You’ve probably already passed me!!! :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

I ONLY GROW auto in wintertime. Yes, I top, LST, transplant. Defoliate - is ok, never more than 40% at once and less often as I get closer to crop. Many times I will just tuck the leaves (if they are large, you can roll them under and use a twistie or something to pin them down rather than cut. Each strain AND grow are different. You DO get to know your plants and who can take what and how much it affects them.
This is my Alaskan Purple auto Topped -

This is my Bruce Banner auto LST’d
This is GirlScoutCookie (7 weeks old) , Topped, Fimmed and LST’d . I transplanted her just a few days ago to 5gal cloth
Here is her big sister 8.5 weeks old, same effects
A better view of underside GSC . Here I knuckled and Chiropracticed her

3 Likes

Hey Doc, if you have time, could you please answer these ?'s about your recipe?

1. Would I need nutes if I started and finished in a 3 gal pot using Happy Frog Ph Adjusted Garden Potting Soil Mix or OCEAN FOREST? What about going from a 1 gal pot to a 3 gal pot?
  2. Do u use the cal/mag daily? Weekly? Once a day?
  3. How much do u make @ a time & how long will it keep?
  4. How many shells per batch?
  5. Do u use the yolk, or the whites?
  6. Does it need to be refrigerated? :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:
1 Like

Are all of those autos? Wow, lookin’ good!!!1

1 Like

Why do u grow autos only in the winter?

1 Like

Yes, only auto in the winter. I am an outdoor grower and the heat wave this summer fried my crop. I wanted something fast and easy, auto’s were it. Photo take longer, grow bigger. I got a tent and set it up in my back yard, on the porch, under an overhang. It is 4’ wide, 8’ long and tall enough that I can walk in. Zip, unzip is a pain but I wanted the space and height. I will switch to Photo’s in Jan so I can put out in yard for feb/mar. Then Outdoor grow for summer and hopefully finish before august kills everything. I will keep a few in the tent just in case and am keeping all the holiday cardboard from boxes to try and make dark covers so I can keep 12/12 going on the outdoors as the days get longer.
As far as your question, this is an opinion and not etched in stone. Everyone grows different.
Answered in order of your questions:

1. No nutes needed when you start in any organic / living soil. That doesn’t mean you cannot amend. If you transplant, you are give new fresh soil so there are fresh nutrients. I transplant for 2 reasons -
  1. get more growth…even though auto has a predetermined life cycle, by transplanting you trick it into a veg type state and This can easily get you all the way to mid flower.
  2. if you start many plants, you can cherry pick the best of the best, leave the runts behind and have more room to finagle things. This way the tent gets the best and you maximize production by selection.
    At that point I would not supplement with nutrients unless the girls are showing needs. When you get to late flowering, a finishing bloom type additive works well, We want the P & K portions at this point
  1. CalMag - With the living / organic soils, no need for anything in the soil so I foliar spray. As often as it looks like they need it. Sometimes only 1 a week or even less, the plants let you know. When you water, add molasses with actually helps with the flowering process. I mix it for use with every watering. I also aerate every watering. Oxygen is KEY for the soil,we want that water aerated!
  2. I only make a gallon at a time but keep egg shell powder so I can whip some up in a few days. It easily keeps a couple of weeks / month. You can use vinegar instead of lemon juice and it will last longer.
  3. I use 1 tablespoon of finely blended egg SHELLS to 1 tablespoon of either vinegar or juice of 1 lemon. Let it sit 2/3 days, add water,shake and strain. THEN I ADD my epson salt, 1 tablespoon. I add this to 1 gallon of preparation.
  4. Egg shells only and bake for 25 min at 250F first
  5. No refrigeration. I keep it in a dark closet.
    I do ph my water / molasses every time. I keep my water room temp -65-75 unless I want to get some color / spike the trichomes, then you COLD WATER treat - lowering temps 5/10 degrees each time till you get down to 50F

Others may chime in with recommendations of what works for them, welcome them in and consider them blessings

4 Likes

Have you ever used fresh eggs? If not, where do you get egg shells?

1 Like

When u grow outside, do your neighbors complain or notice the aroma? How close are your neighbors?

1 Like

Do you notice a noticeable difference in outdoor v indoor? Also, what pests were on y’alls menu past spring/summer in your area?

Fresh eggs in the compost. Egg shells - I have a friend who has chickens. We buy eggs from her. Every time I make eggs, I save the shells.
Neighbors - on the right - she never comes out except to get her mail. We are very friendly. To my left, we are good friends and she don’t care.
Indoor / outdoor - A big difference because only auto’s indoor so much smaller, much less odor. I can get from one photo what I get from half dozen autos
Odor - every strain is different. If you brush them, wow, odor travels. If you do not touch, much less. Same for wind. Windier, greater smell.My backyard backs up to the street and I am sure many walk by and smell it but I think it is too vague for them to discern where exactly it comes from. It is just kind of ALL OVER. I do have to get my med license in order as my crops grow

1 Like

Sorry for all the ?'s.

Have a Highpy Christmas and a Merry New Year.