Show Your Homegrown!

Wow @Darkheart420, that bud is so frosty, it’s making me cccold just looking at it!

Splendid :+1:

6 Likes

True dankness @CoolBubs !

Looks great :wink:

4 Likes

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!

3 Likes

Wow! That’s some beautiful bud @Tpowl Tracy!

That’s an amazing level of THC!

Were you able to take clones? That would keep the strain going for you.

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

@Tpowl Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos!!! :blush::raised_hands:

3 Likes

@Tpowl welcome to the forum. That strain sounds like a keeper. I’d clone it if possible as @Khatru suggested.

That’s the highest non concentrate THC level i have seen if that test was reliable. Cannabis cup winner levels even. :joy:

Do you know if he had a liquid or gas chromatography done?

5 Likes

@Tpowl also, just to try to be a bit more helpful, that strain looks a lot like Godfather OG. It’s a very potent strain that has activated THC levels at around 34% so that 38.6% if activated would be the highest recorded activated thc level for that strain. :exploding_head::scream:

3 Likes

Trudging across the tundra, mile after mile, just me and the pygmy pony
I have never seen that many trikes in one place in my entire existence

6 Likes

That bud looks amazing! Better than some of my recent grows, let alone a first time!

Was this indoor or outdoor?

3 Likes

I’m seeing some amazing yields being posted (amazing in terms of what I’ve been getting). Are these multi-ounce per plant grows primarily inside or out? Soil or other medium?

I realize there is a multitude of reasons for yield variations, but I’m looking for a set of things to look at from a top down perspective.

I’m seeing posts regarding multi-ounce yields per plant. The most I’ve ever gotten from a grow is under 2 ounces from 5 plants total (not per plant!). The results are VERY potent, but just not that much of it!

I’m getting better and learning as I go. I don’t have issues with bugs, fungus, or other “threats”, so it probably boils down to my methodology:

• indoor only - 2 tents and a “cabinet”
  • 2 gallon fabric pots
  • potting soil
  • FloraNova nutrients
  • bottled water (distilled - pH neutral)
  • 300w LED bloom/grow for veg (cabinet)
  • 300w LED bloom/grow for 2 week initial flowering (cabinet)
  • 2000w LED full spectrum in 30"x30" tent for flowering
  • 3x1000w LED full spectrum in 2’x4’ tent for flowering
  • fans, exhaust air thru carbon filters, water jugs (for humidity)
  • watering is on pumps/timers
  • nutrients added 1-2 times weekly, gradually increasing strength throughout flowering
  • all lighting is on timers
  • fans run continuously
  • temps run 68-82 F
  • humidity runs 45-65%
  • fan leaves get trimmed regularly

I have noticed, however, that seeds I get from “commercial flower” (rare but I can find them occasionally) don’t grow as well as “feminized seeds for a seed house” (HomegrownCannabisCo in this instance). After 3 1/2 weeks from germination, a white widow and purple kush are already about a foot tall - just put them into flower time.

Trying to get better yields is all. Any help, pointers, etc would be helpful.

Also, not sure if this post even belongs here, so my apologies if it needs moved.

3 Likes

I agree with @MDBuds and @Khatru about cloning. That is the best way to keep the best strains going. Also, keeping detailed records of your grow can be helpful in finding what works and what doesn’t work. It sounds like you did everything right so if you have records of what temperatures/humidity were each day and night, and what nutrients were fed at what times and so on, you should be able to duplicate your results pretty efficiently. That strain is definitely a keeper :+1: :+1: :fire:

4 Likes

Personally I leave mine in veg. for up to 6 weeks before turning the lights I’m a firm believer in a good root growth before turning I think it makes for a bigger plant and more bud when the time comes. And also I believe in trimming away a lot of the big water leaves throughout the whole grow to promote the growth where I want it And I’m not sure how many plants you grow at 1 time but I’m also a firm believer in fewer plants would create bigger harvest. But I am by far not a professional or as near as knowledgeable as most of the people on this forum right here these are just my personal beliefs and practices. My goal is a one pound plant. So far after 3 grows inside and I’m up to 8 oz per plant so I’m half way there! Here are my 2 best plants so far inside

6 Likes

@Bill one of the few things that stood out on your list, 2 gallon bags seem small. I grow my autos in 5 gallon. Also did you mean ro/di water? Distilled needs things added to it, remineralized I believe is the term.

3 Likes

My mistake - “purified” water - we have hard water with lots of salts and minerals from the tap.

As for bag size, I’ll try my next grow with 5 gallon bags and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip…

3 Likes

Those look awesome!

I usually grow 1-2 from seed in the small tent and 3-4 in the large tent. I grow clones more like “lollipops”, so they’re literally a vertical stem covered in flowers. I may include 2-5 of these in a tent around the perimeter. I feel I have plenty of lighting, so this works well in terms of space utilization. Here’s an example of a “lollipop”:

These are coming down tomorrow - Jamookies (these are clones):

8 Likes

There’s your yield issue @Bill. If you want a higher yield trim lighter so you get more side branches to develop and maybe start topping and fiming your photos.

Autos should be trimmed rarely and only to remove damaged or diseased leaves as every time you shock it the recovery time takes away from the overall yield when you get to flower.

Each one of my autos currently has a minimum of about 5 top zones right now from LST that will stretch into branches like what you have in that tent. I figure I will get probably about 2 to 3 ounces per plant.

5 Likes

First, let me say thank you for welcoming me and I am really hoping to learn and do all I can to improve on this industry. I won’t begin to offer any advice to a grower of your caliber. I would just say , maybe 5 gal. Pots would help increase your yield. After reading your list of equipment, I. Think you should give all your lights to whoever will get them the quickest. I can help you with them, don’t worry. Ok good talk.

5 Likes

I’ve always thought that, but had trouble getting the side branches to stretch to the top canopy. In my current grow, I have a Jamaican sativa that I “accidentally” broke the top off of - what a perfect accident! That plant is having a nice yield (visually speaking) with lots of large colas at the end of each branch. I’m familiar with the various yield increasing methods, and I “try” to go by the SOG method due to tent size/layout.

I’ve been growing these 3 strains for over a year now and have seen varying yields. I’m finally trying some white widow (personal favorite) and purple kush (seeds from homegrown cannabis co), so really trying to get the most info on big yields.

4 Likes

Ok so white widow will give you the best yields with topping and scrog indoor in my experience. Veg it for about 6 weeks and top it at its 5th node then when it recovers the side branches should have caught up to your tops. Do some kushman chiropractic on it then let it recover for a week. Put the scrog screen in about halfway up in the tent and start feeding the branches through the screen and then flip to flower and continue feeding the branches through the screen as they reach it. Trim everything under the scrog net once all of the branches have reached the net don’t trim all at once so you don’t shock it. Just a little every other day so the tops in the scrog get all of the nutes. You’ll want to use a 5 to 10 gallon pot for white widow photos.

Purple kush doesn’t grow as tall as white widow and doesn’t yield as much but you can get decent yields from it using lst or topping. I’ve never scrogged one but topping with lst in a sea of green setup can give you a huge yield. You’ll be fine with them in a 3 to 5 gallon pot.

6 Likes

Ok @MDBuds Thanks for all the info that is exactly my next grow 1 white widow 1 white Russian and 1 purple Kush they are all germinating right now. I will follow your suggestions to bill as if you were talking to me lol. anyway thanks for the suggestions your knowledge is invaluable…PEACE

6 Likes