Show Your Homegrown!

@dmtscravey not a problem man. White widow is one of my all time favorites. Hope it helps you as much as it has me. Happy growing brother. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

4 Likes

I want to pick your brain about LST’s or fimming or super cropping or whatever I need to do to increase the yield or size of the bud. normally just do a leaf prune and then occasion branch here and there But I would like to do more and also I need to know about how much molasses to put in again like per gallon of water?

4 Likes

There are two methods of LST that I use. One is bending and shaping. You just bend the branches a little bit every other day until they take the shape you want. It’s a long tedious process but well worth it if you have only a few plants in a limited space and want to maximize your yield.

The other LST method I use is the tie down method. I do it a little different than most though. I start between 4 and 6 weeks depending on the size of the plant. Generally I want it to be at least 6 inches tall and to fill half the pot. I anchor the stalk and then slowly bend it over and tie it down to the pot. Here’s where I differ a little from everyone else. Instead of just tying it over and then tieing the side branches I wait for the top to grow some more and then I tie it to the side of the pot again a few inches away from the last tie down and I continue this in a circle around the pot so my plant ends up coiling. Then as soon as it sexes and shows some preflowers I stop tieing the top and then bring all of the side branches down for an even canopy then I trim a little to let light and air in. I guess you could say it’s a mix of standard LST and what they call the bonsai method.

Topping is pretty simple and straight forward. As soon as I reach 5 nodes I cut the top off about a half inch down under the new growth on what would be the 6th node.

Fiming I do like topping but instead of cutting the new growth off I will pinch and twist it a little or I will make a precision cut down the middle and lightly pull it apart a little. As it heals it will branch out with 3 to 4 new branches instead of just two like topping if done right.

The molasses I use approximately 5ml per gallon for a light photo feeding or 2-3 ml for a light auto feeding. 10ml per gallon for a heaving photo feeding and 5 ml for a heavy auto feeding. I do one as soon as the plants start veg from seedling more so to give the soil microbes and fungus a boost to help with nutrient uptake for the plant. Then one as soon as i flip to flower or once the autos start to flower. Then once every two to four weeks during flower depending on the needs of the plant and soil. I do my last molasses feeding usually 2 weeks before harvest so there’s not too much starch build up in the buds.

7 Likes

Right on I have 3 plants going I’m going to try all of these methods I will keep you posted throughout the next few months on how it does for me thanks again

4 Likes

I’m actually seeing everything you’re talking about in terms of increasing yields. I get very large, healthy colas, but usually just the main stalk. My current grow is more like a sea of green and is doing very well - much better than the last few crops in terms of yield.

Also, on a side note, I have multiple tents/growing areas so I can have crops coming to bear every month or so. Works well - should be better now that I’m learning more about increased yields!

5 Likes

Perpetual grows are always great to keep bud around. Also makes it easier to experiment with different techniques. I’m trying to get my perpetual grow going as well. Just need two more lights and a tent. I have everything else ready for my propogation and cloning station, nutrients, compost, seeds, etc…

Wish the money would come in faster so I can get it done already. :joy:

7 Likes

Bill I just bought 5 gal and 3 gal cloth bags from amazon…I got black and tan. Tan for outdoor warmer weather as I had issues with black absorbing too much heat. I use 3 gal for autos in winter, 5 gal in summer. I supplement lighting in winter to make sure I get min 5/6 hrs of light (in a grow tent on my back porch, I grow outside, even in winter as avg temp here is 60’s night, 80’s day. Sometimes it goes down to 45/50 night and mid 70"s day but that doesn’t stop the girls, it just adds color). I move them here and there, near and far but not in my car. I get very decent return in 3gal bag and can do more plants so my gross is higher. Because we use nutes, we can expect larger crops. This allows us to use smaller containers

4 Likes

@dmtscravey
I love the l.s.t on these
U should try it early
I normally pull down the top of my plants ( if I don’t top them) and then as the branches grow I’ll pull them in separate directions as u did above ive found that by doing this the branches will grow taller keeping up with the newly trained top creating a wider surface area on the canopy, this will also allow what use to be the smaller branch buds enough room to get as much light and air as the top bud creating bigger buds on them as well
This brings u from 1 top and smaller buds to multiple tops that are bigger n more unified in shape and size which ultimately increases yeild.

Hope this helps in the future

6 Likes

you do this on Auto’s? or Fems? I always train my fems but rarely touch auto’s. I never grew auto outside before and less hours of daylight (still got good temps) make me hesitant to touch the girls. I just tried topping 2 GSCookie auto while in incubation and moved outside Friday. I will wait for your response to see it you meant "AUTO’S). If so, I will try your method.

2 Likes

I to move my plants here and there and everywhere near and far but absolutely never in my car!

3 Likes

I recall when I was indoor growing, I grew a tray horizontally. I bent the top over to a 90% angle and used hooks to continue the growth on a horizontal plane. I continued reshaping the main stem so that all the nodes became the colas. I had rockwool slabs so it was easy to tie down the main stem, little by little. I reached around 6 nodes before I stopped. I trimmed each node so I wound up with 4 colas per node. It grew like sea of green. It was like having 8-10 plants coming off 1 plant. I had to continually fim/top the tip to stop all the plant power from only going to the main tip. The closer to the main stem top, the larger the growth was. Height wise it never went above 2’. ROI was too close to standard growing so I never tried it again. I did have the idea to try and root the plant along the horizontal pathway to create moor root (more root = more fruit). I guess it was just alot easier to grow in a standard fashion. It really can become time consuming and burnout was a result.

2 Likes

I low stress both. Depending on strain some autos don’t respond well to a lot but its still doable. Fems ill start with lst then top give them a week to recover before I hit them with hst. I veg my fem for a minimum of 2 months.

My autos i will give about 3 weeks from when they pop before I start my training, I allow 1 week in between before I will adjust any ties but once they sprout their first hair ill leave then alone. Periodically ill do a bit of defoliation where prime bud sites are but if theres to many leaves ill also tuck some under the canapy to keep from shocking them while budding

2 Likes

Here’s what was my veg tent, now my veg/flower tent for some as my others finish.

Look in the difference in stems in theses white widow autos started at the same time. Wish they were photos, the one on the left I could have kept in veg and had it as a mother! :sob:

But, these have been easy to grow! :grin: :fire:

7 Likes

I have zittles (fems) that were like that. Swear they are 2 different plants. Maybe they are. Both went in same time - end August. One is in flower and the other is vegging and is the same size at my October 1 plantings. It just reached its 4th node and is only 3"-4" tall, like a newbie. Until it flowers and I get to see the buds won’t know. Maybe sometimes we get a random seed from another batch or different genetics. It is not impossible to screw things up and make mistakes,even from the vendor. They are dealing with hundreds, thousands of seeds. None of it really matters, we smoke all of it or make tincture. I grew some blueberry and the returns were off the chart. I filled up a Lemonade jug - that is like 2/3 gallons. A year later and we still are smokin. I made tincture from the shake and use it to infuse other strains. My wife is a master at mixin it up. She recently did some “Black & Whites” she called it. White 99 and Black Af. I am positioning for cropping soon (my Whiite Widow, Silver Haze, GDP, WonderWoman and Orange Sherb) as we are near the harvest moon (I grow outdoors). I have my auto’s for the winter. I will be going heavy on GG4, AK47, Lemon Haze, GSCookies and 3 CBD’s (RED, 30:1, CDB Kush.

4 Likes

waited too long on my first initial transplant and I sparked flowering in two to possibly 3 of my autos (totally cool honestly, helped me dial in timing for the first transplant), and now I have mini plants! I’m actually pretty hyped, I love micro stuff and we’re going away in December for a week so I gotta make sure all my girls are done by then! Excited to showcase these girls for you all! Grapefruit, Fruit, Critical Purple, Bug Devil and CBD White White Widow - all Autoflowers :grin::blush: 24 hours of light underneath the Mars-Hydro TSW2000 - if you’re intrigued by my Autoflower methods I have some videos of what I do (schwazzy training, transplant, revegging) on the YouTube’s :stuck_out_tongue: just search The Cannabis Kronicles :wink: or click —-> www.YouTube.com/TheCannabisKronicles

7 Likes

Dispensaries get anywhere from $10 to $18 for a pre roll at 1 gram. And that is MASS PRODUCTION using nutes, nutes, nutes. I would gladly take your shorties, early flowerers for a clean grow. I been at it for 40 years and sometimes its me, sometimes it the seeds, conditions, whatever…it all gets puffed baby

4 Likes

Nice ‘n tidy, @Kronic !

2 Likes

@Khatru Cleanliness keeps those bugs I hate away :wink:

4 Likes

My music room doubles as my grow room
I put some instruments in another room to create more space!

7 Likes

@Khatru Amazing collection of plants and guitars! Music and weed :ok_hand:

3 Likes