Need some help on LED light

I have a set of lights that I’ve had less than a year, MARS HYDRO T1000. A strand is out, so now I have to replace it. Is it worth it to fix myself or should I get a new light? If fixable, how?

My thinking is that due to our current national situation, my asking for a replacement is pointless. Also, I was considering new lights anyway because some of my medicinal flowers/herbs are acting funky and I feel like it’s the light?

I hope someone sees this soon and y’all are remaining safe and healthy. Picture attached.

2 Likes

Hey Kimberly! Mars Hydro is definitely evolving and their lights are coming quite far compared to their older models. I would say with how their diodes are implemented your best bet is to upgrade to a newer 1000 they make or a higher wattage. If you’re looking for a company outside of mars hydro I’d recommend HTG - diodes on their 4.0 are easily interchangeable for when they finally go out. Sorry you had a strip go out on you that’s never fun! - Kronic

2 Likes

I’m happy with MARS and I’m definitely going to write into them as they are good people. I was just concerned about the what to do for now because of trade embargos and the like while our governments play the Game of Thrones, so to speak. I have a TS3000 in my bigger tent. You may have just talked me into the new SP250. We are moving this week because our landlord can’t afford to fix the a/c, so hopefully one line of lights won’t hurt too bad, will it? I do have some awful blurple light that’s not being used.

3 Likes

Awesome I’m glad you are happy with Mars! I’m totally unsure of what my discount will get you but I do know “Kronic” is a code active for their site :slight_smile: their SP250 are pretty crazy! Definitely new edge quantum boards with the latest diodes. I was impressed seeing what they could do! You should be totally fine without 1 strip you’re just sitting at about 900-800 watts instead of that 1000 marker you were at! Let me know how your girls turn out, and if you’d like to submit any photos to be posted on Instagram.com/homegrownworld email me [email protected] I enjoy seeing the gardens our community grows! - Kronic

1 Like

As far as trade embargoes - I am receiving shipments from them as of now, I think they’d be able to send you replacement or help you out as well! - Kronic

1 Like

I appreciate you. I’d love to show you what I have, however, they aren’t “Homegrown” at the moment. Well, the ones you can see anyway. Soon, they will be big enough for me to post. I’ll check on the light now.

Thank you!!

Their direct site or eBay/Amazon for code?

1 Like

I’m not coolio enough for the amazon or eBay code yet hahaha xD but I mean I know on their site it works, can always give it a try on the others who knows :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Your are doing something right to have a code at all, My Friend. Most of us don’t.

Thanks for sharing the love. :star_struck::pray:

1 Like

Quick question. I got in touch with them RE: dead lights. She is asking for me to take a picture of the wires. Will I have to remove the heat sync (I’m spacing, not sure if correct term) to gain access? Otherwise, I have no diagram, where would they be located? If you don’t know, no worries, just thought I might get a quicker response here.

2 Likes

That seems like a awfully vague request. Which wires? The power cable, the connection to the board? The actual wiring of the LEDs, how would you get a pic if those?

2 Likes

I am unsure. I guess I will have to email the question in after all. I asked my husband the same and he responded with the questions you did. I’m confident in my abilities, just not with electricity. Ha!

1 Like

I completely understand that attitude. I started with a spider farmer, and I just finished “building” my first led light. I say that because all I did was mount some quantum boards to a diy heatsink and wired in the driver. . And I still am not confident at all about electricity. I almost went with a Mars light, but I said to hell with it and jumped in the water.

2 Likes

If I had space, I would consider having an area to create one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

checkout this very nice upcoming company i have two pb 4000’s and love them! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08343891S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B08343891S&linkCode=as2&tag=blakebmx-20&linkId=b0ffde9b4d4ad97ba934944853f5c7ee

2 Likes

On hindsight, y’all…is this really a defect or is it just a brace for the light. Sometimes Parkinson’s likes to mess with my brain, though I’m getting better every day.

2 Likes

your missing out on par and pfd with the strip missing yes,

2 Likes

Good. I wanted to be sure I wasn’t creating drama unnecessarily. I appreciate your help!

2 Likes

never feel like that at all, we all started somewhere and we all have to still ask questions some time this is a place of peace and learning all questions are welcomed :slight_smile: i hope you have a blessed day and get to feeling better

2 Likes

Now I’ve caught the Light addiction. I always said I wasn’t going to join in. Jokes on me. Haha!

2 Likes