How do you DRY your buds?

How do you guys dry your buds out? Closet? Box? Grow Tent? Or something better…?

4 Likes

For now I use my tent since it’s climate controlled. Dry for a week or two before I trim and cure in jars.

Working on building a humidor though so that’ll be pretty sweet when it’s done.

4 Likes

@DryTents same here. i dry in my
tents. by that time i need a 3 to 4 week break to clean up the grow space and play with what i grew. Rotating opening jars for 39 ounces is dang near a job :grinning: i get to smoke at

4 Likes

@DryTents I use my spare tent - keeps the buds clean, environment controlled, and a smooth slow dry for a nice smoke!

4 Likes

I first trim all the large fan leaves off, leaving most of the closer smaller leaves growing from the buds. I then cut each branch down into 1 ft lengths, and hang dry all the branches in my spare room with filtered air in and out and a dehumidifier. Lights off and as dark as possible the whole time. I’ll let them hang until each one is just dry enough to snap or brake the stem. I usually test on the skinnier stems first as they will dry quicker than the fatter ones. Once I can snap the stem I then cut each bud off the main stem and then put them into black trash bags to keep them from the light. I’ll check them each day and open the bags and let them air(no light) and gently sift them around to keep good air flow while they finish curing. Usually takes around 2 or 3 weeks total but it all depends upon humidity and temperature. My temperature is always at 65°. Humidity at 50%. The more humid it is, the longer it will take and the more chance there is of mold growth. Since I started controlling the temperature and humidity I’ve had less guessing and more success. And absolutely NO LIGHT. It will ruin the trichomes. Once I’ve decided I like the smoke and feel of the buds and they are ready to bag (I won’t trim any of the leaves because I want them to be a protective layer around the buds so the trichomes aren’t damaged in storage), I’ll vacu-seal them up and store them in storage bins. I’ve opened up bags 18 months later and they smelled and smoked like I just bagged them. I do keep some in jars, but I have too much for jars. I smoke a lot :laughing: :rofl: lol keep it :fire:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!! All of the options posted work well depending on your space available. Best wishes on your weederful journey.

2 Likes

i never had no leaves anyhow :smiley:

5 Likes

I just hang it in a dark space for 10-14 days then take it off the stem put in jars and monitor it for a few weeks till it is cured all the way. Smoking it the whole time of course

10 Likes

@MDBuds well how else would you know when it’s hit peak cure? I mean my wife is like “you think it’s done yet” and I’m like let’s smoke and see.

5 Likes

@Rye that’s how it’s done. The smoke test is really the only way to tell when it’s fully dry and ready to cure. Once it’s smooth and burns even it’s ready for jars. If it crackles or fizzles out almost instantly it’s either still too wet to jar cure or you didn’t flush enough before drying and curing if using chems.

4 Likes

@dmtscravey Nice Job DMT …Precious Bud Jars …Drop Dead Beautiful

1 Like

I either use my spare tent or a big card board box from work, I shoot for about 55%-60% humidity in my drying space, if the tent then i leave it part open and if box i cut a big window into the side, I then make sure there is air circulation in the area but i make sure that that there is no direct air flow on the buds or moving towards the openings of my choosen drying apparatus, after that I start snipping peices off to smoke as soon as its dry to the touch n when it smokes like I think weed shld smoke I put it in jars

1 Like

@MDBuds @dmtscravey @Rye i usually have a bunch of these slenders the light couldn’t reach when i pulled the plant over for a SOG …they are a good taste test …another way to hard stress at the very end just before harvest. …take those bottom limbs and bend it once Up then once Down leaving it Down. …they puff up juicie fat

1 Like

I believe what ur describing is a technique called super cropping, correct?

@Eggs SOG Sea Of Green and Goodmorning. no net so no scrog

No lol, I meen the bending of the branches to fatten up the bud, that is called super cropping I was sure

1 Like

@and yes, it is another way of super cropping

I did it to this last bubba kush I grew

1 Like

@Eggs Fatty Buds 4EVER :yum:

Hell yea, I was looking for a pic but this fone is 3 years old there is literally 3000+ pics, but yea man I did it every few days for a while, every time one place wld heal I’d do another, the stalks where damn near double there mass by time I was done lol but I read that that increases the amount of nutrients n stuff that the plant can get to the buds

1 Like