Homegrown Community Chat

What’s up EVERYONE! This is where we can start having random various “chats” or post almost like a Facebook timeline, without the chance of getting blocked for cannabis content. So enjoy this community and let us know what you’re growing today!

7 Likes

gosh I sure miss my Jack Herer, she was a pretty plant and very fun to grow! What are you all CURRENTLY growing? Or what have you grow ?!

10 Likes

Are these budding? Should I trim these ends to make my plant bush out more?

3 Likes

My ladies currently in flower!

10 Likes

5 Likes

@Butcher2020 I wouldn’t trim those, definitely let them go :slight_smile: Looks like she is just spreading more fan leaves out! If you can take pictures out of the blurple light it’s always much easier to tell! Happy Growing!

@Janderson2902 HOLY COW! Beautiful garden, definitely some thick girls you got there! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hope these are better pics. First timer. White widow auto fem. THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! lol

3 Likes

@Butcher2020 I can’t see pistils at least with my eyes, they look like new tops forming so if you wanted to widen the top you could top it, is this a photo or an auto?

2 Likes

Auto…white widow auto fem

1 Like

@Butcher2020 I would let her grow she’s going to flower here soon and you want to give her as much time as possible to reveg herself to get strong branches for her manifold :slight_smile: Generally mainlining is not the best technique for autoflower as is can prompt too much damage and force an early ethylene production, however not a loss. Looks like you can potentially have about 8 to 10 very solid tops if you just let her be! These manifold setups can really stack on weight :wink:

2 Likes

Who has grown Wedding Cake? Pros/Cons?

2 Likes

Those Ladies are Lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@kmac03 wedding cake pros- tight dense frosty buds, smells great, mellow happy high, easy to prune and can handle pruning well. Responds well to topping and fimming.

Cons- tight buds make it prone to mold and mildew so humidity control is a must, it does not like changes in temperature much and extremes can cause it to herm or produce less (them gsc genes), light leaks will make it herm pretty fast too.

Overall it’s a great strain and if you have a nice buttoned up grow space with environmental controls she’ll do great.

Outdoors you want to protect her from rain and get a shade screen for summer if temps exceed 85/90 f.

4 Likes

I appreciate that very much. I will have to wait as we may be moving come the first of the year. I hope this won’t be an issue for the Gelato I just started.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Right after posting i read an article about autos. Says don’t trim them lol. Said they grow to fast to regenerate. Oh well I guess I learn something new everyday. I’ll check this one up to experience lol. Next time I’ll know.

1 Like

@kmac03 - Wedding cake - one of my wifes fav’s. I grew Photo. Kind of same grow as Gorilla Girl and GSC.

5 Likes

I’m very interested, however, I don’t want to have to move plants that don’t like it. I have to literally sit on my hands as of late to keep from growing all the seeds I have now.

3 Likes

@kmac03 good call. Wedding cake does not like change. She’s a finicky gal but well worth it for the great buds she produces. I’d definitely wait to start some until you have a place to grow her where you won’t need to move her or change her environment.

3 Likes

My Jack Herer did sprout, but it was my first time. I’m waiting to chop WW auto probably Tues. She in the dark right now.

Also got GDP I’m flipping today. Delayed veg while WW finished. Gave her a good LST & bloom nutrients. She’s ready to jump!!

4 Likes

Help needed. Here is GSC auto, manifolded, was going great till about a week or 10 days ago. All of a sudden she changed (she has not been trained / touched in 2/3 weeks). Leaves started getting yellow. Only change was feeding with Micro. I fed her sister the same and she had a slight issue but no more and have continued to feed the sister with Micro. TDS 900, ph 6.2-6.6, ro water, always same temp as I store water for feeding in tent. Temp 55 night to 70 day, Rh 45 night to 60 day.
I have: flushed -RO, changed light height, and yesterday added O2 (I have an oxygen machine and am inserting O2 directly into soil.
My tent is outdoors and we did have a cold snap but my temps never went below 55-60

You can see the straw attached to tubing to feed O2 directly to roots
Here is baby sister

Also manifolded - well kind of, I never cut off nugs on the branches so really more of a scrog
Thoughts, recommendations please

3 Likes