Homegrown Community Chat

Looks like it might be lockout from temperature. Magnesium and calcium are needed to take up npk as well. They all work together. When temps at the root zone drop under 65f magnesium uptake slows down and it can cause other nutrient issues especially if they start building up in the soil.

I’d put a small heater in to bring the night temps back up to 65f until the last few weeks of flower when you want them to get some color.

3 Likes

What about feeding some straight Ca, Mg? I have separate feeding containers containing Ca @260ppm and Mg@120ppm - both at Ph at 6.6
When I added the oxygenator , it raised temps in tent to 75 as it gives off heat. Temps are steady at 72-78 with rh fluctuating between 45 and 65 - I can’t seem to get the rh steady with my little humidifier. Off I stay steady at the lower ranges 40-50 and on (lowest setting) it is going anywhere from 55-70. It concerns me to not get mold since I have many plants in same environment
Also - this container is 5 gal, baby sister is 3 gal and had less of an issue but slower growth

2 Likes

Soil feeding instead of foliar feeding would help for sure if temps are in range.

2 Likes

I don’t know what manifolded means and I’m not at all an expert, especially on autos as I’ve never grown any, but she seems to be cold. (Please correct me if needed) Center of leaves are green, external periphery is yellow, so it seems to me she might be cycling through metabolism to keep warm, much like we humans do. I have done the humidity dance, which sucks especially like today when it’s foggy here. Do you have some lower passive air coming in?

4 Likes

As always, I learn every day. GDP photo in tent alone. Did a 36 hour darkness, 12/12 - 20". SF2000, dimmer set at 200%, put heated humidifier to increase tent temp during lights off. Temp was dropping to 68-60°. RH was 48-51%, hope it does rise to high. Also fefolated her a lot & readjusted her LST ties.

Open to input!!!
20201128_151458|375x500

4 Likes

Air enters lower right side, exits top left side. I think MDBuds was right,as are you,about temp being the issue.
Manifold - basically you top and grow a Y. Then bend the branches down, the top again and again till you have about 2, then 4, then 8 or even 16 colas.It looks like a Jewish menorah. A true manifold has all the nugs removed except for the tops so there is no bud or leaf growth anywhere other than the tops, like lollipops.

Y Y Y Y
Y Y
Y
It grows like a scrog
Look at my first plant - see the Y Then I topped again and there is a second Y under the leaves. If I cleaned out all the nugs at the nodes, it would be a true manifold but I was afraid to stress this any further as it is an auto GirlsScoutCookie and with auto’s, stress kills

This plant has 12 colas and began flowering about 6 / 7 days ago

6 Likes

I would love to learn this. You should do a whole thing on it. Words are escaping me now, but I think you understand what I’m saying?

2 Likes

Topping - When you add topping to your pot, how much do you add and do you remove the upper layer of the soil that is already in the pot?

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 if your pots full just lightly massage the top feed into your soil and give it some water :slight_smile: i usually don’t feed that much on top to make a massive difference :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What kind of toppings are you using? @Mrb53004

1 Like

12 0_0 Yessss,!!! thats so niiice!!

1 Like

Toppings?? Like a pizza?

1 Like

lol, now I’m hungry. Prolly like earthworm castings, mycorrhizae, egg shell toppings that don’t taste good to us lol

1 Like

Listen, I used to work out of the back of an ambulance. I promise you, someone somewhere thinks that sounds like dinner. :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Well I am not shocked at all by that. Human are some stupid bipedals from time to time.

1 Like

I can only imagine what you see as an EMT

1 Like

Well, from a scientific point of view, humanity definitely makes it interesting, to say the least. It can be like visiting the zoo at times. Hahaha!

1 Like

I’ve been gifted with a lot of learning opportunities and knowledge though it has been rough at times.

1 Like

Oh I def feel like that’s on point. I travel the lower 48 and have seen smarter fish then Humans I swear.

1 Like

Humbled it sounds like :slight_smile:

1 Like