HCC indoor organic grow journal

Like to start new topic when is best to trim shade leafs get ready for flowering

3 Likes

@Daddy1971 that all entirely depends on your growing method whether scrog, sog, or just one giant plant.

It also depends on if photo or auto.

Photo in sog you just let it grow naturally and then trim up to the tops on the branches making sure everything has plenty of light then flip to flower.

Scrog you want to make sure your topping and fiming has healed up and you have enough tops and horizontal growth to fill the net. As soon as you have enough to fill the net you put each top in a hole and then trim everything under the scrog net then flip to flower.

Giant plant you can do lst or other methods. Make sure you have all the tops you want and trim up leaving a few fan leaves here and there for energy but get rid of all of the small stuff at the bottom then flip to flower.

For autos just minimal selective pruning for light and air flow until they start to flower.

3 Likes

Thanks in the past i always just top them few times and let them go im just learning how to have even canopy and get all i can from them

3 Likes

@Daddy1971 yeah not much can beat an even canopy. I wouldn’t worry if it’s not all entirely even though because the goal is light penetration and redirection of energy/resources not uniformity. I wouldn’t stress trying to get it perfectly uniform because you might cause more harm than not. Sometimes good enough is good enough and less is more. :joy:

4 Likes

Week two flower update. The ladies are getting more tops and getting taller every day. I’ll need to adjust the light soon. Also finally getting some trichome development and they’re finally starting to smell. Berries and vanilla. They’re getting some good color too. Nice magenta and purple hues even in the pistils. I can’t wait until they start bulking up and putting on more trichs.

10 Likes

What height are you keeping your light? I’m new to indoor growing and am also using the KingPlus lights. How many plants would you recommend under the 1500? Are you doing 18/6 or 20/4? Sorry for so many questions but I was happy to see you using these lights and knowing I can get reliable information from you. Thanks.

3 Likes

Those are some cool pictures. looks like a nice plant

3 Likes

@DPoppy I’m doing 6 and I keep it between 18 and 24 inches. I also turn my plants every day and move them so they get light on all sides.

The king plus 1500w would probably do better with 4 plants but it seems to be doing the job with 6 autos.

Doesn’t look like I’ll yield more than maybe 1.5 grams per watt but that isn’t bad for a blurple light. Just shy of a pound is my estimate. About 2.5 ounces per plant.

3 Likes

Thanks @dmtscravey my phone has a decent camera. I’ve been thinking about getting artistic with it as soon as the develop some more. Your pictures aren’t bad either. :v:

1 Like

Hi @humanure welcome to a really good forum. I’m new and YouTube is great for research. And so far the info has been good & here are 6.6 week GDP & WW.

Happy growing

4 Likes

Week 3 flower update.

Vertical growth has stopped and buds are starting to ripen and gain mass. I’m excited for the week 4/5 explosive growth and resin production. The Blueberry X Big Devil auto doesn’t have much color yet but the buds are already getting fat. Critical purple has more color and shows more signs of nutrient deficiency and needs more pk and calmag than Blueberry X Big Devil. The bud growth on the critical purple also appears to lean toward the sativa side even though it’s an almost purely indica hybrid. All nutrient deficiencies were already addressed as the new growth is healthy but those critical purple autos are hungry plants.

The runt critical purple is now the biggest one. The LSTd one was the biggest but it’s obvious critical purple auto does not like LST. It’s also evident with critical purple auto that the seeds with the slower initial growth rate end up being larger plants when they begin to flower.

6 Likes

I’m germinating Big Devl×Blueberry now so I’ll be watching your grow closely. It going in the new grow room with Gold leaf as well.

3 Likes

Some tips for the Blueberry Big Devil that I currently have are don’t LST early. Let it grow normal and then LST at preflower. It’s pretty bushy and lst early like I did blocks out light and it doesn’t grow as big because it his tight internodal spacing and light has a hard time penetrating until it starts the preflower stretch. Take it easy on the nutrients because it doesn’t need a lot. I supplement using 1/4 strength nutes every two weeks. 1/2 strength caused burning. Don’t prune it no matter how bad you want to because it will stress it and make it flower early like my smaller one did. That’s about all I have right now. I’ll keep updating as I go with it. It’s not as finicky as the critical purple though thank goodness. Lol

2 Likes

Wow that sounds pretty finnicky to me.

2 Likes

A lot of it is probably the light I have too. It’s good that the BlueberryXBig Devil auto doesn’t need a lot of nutrients or pruning. My next run with these autos will be much better since I know what to expect from them now and how to train them. Definitely a lot different than photos.

2 Likes

I don’t think I will venture into autos for a while. I’m going to play around with photos until I get better at them and I’m satisfied with that. By then I’ll probly be a little bored with them and I’ll have try something new and then I’ll go to the ados.

3 Likes

I wanted to do autos because of the ease of light cycle. But the seeds I brought was a mix pack, so I rolled the dice.

Since I don’t know what I’m doing, I having a blast. Love to look at them lol.

Good luck with your girls & keep me posted. How many seeds did you plant??

4 Likes

@MDBuds GORGEOUS! Looking really awesome! Definitely excited to start seeing that frost come in :smiley: Which strain has been your favorite one to grow out of the bunch? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Adcrag I planted 6 total. 4 Critical Purple Auto and 2 Blueberry X Big Devil auto.

2 Likes

@Kronic so far I’m thinking Blueberry X Big Devil. Watching those buds fatten up is pretty rewarding and it isn’t as nitpicky as the Critical Purple. The critical purple is starting to look gorgeous though. I’ll definitely let you know which one is my favorite after harvest. I might be biased too though because I’m a sucker for anything bred with Blueberry. Lol

3 Likes