HCC indoor organic grow journal

@MDBuds @MJ2299 Happy Sunday @Philly111

Full Week

7 Likes

Happy Sunday bro, thanks for the pics. Here’s one for you :sunglasses:

SLH and GSC x Blue Headband

9 Likes

Seeing some nice growth the passed few days. The two runts are finally growing a bit. The one on the top right is stunted from light shock since I brought it in from outside. Bottom right was stuck in its shell for a week before I performed some emergency plant surgery and pulled it off so it’s about a week behind the others. Have my basil seeded and it should be sprouting sometime next week then I’ll transplant it into the pots with my buds. Seeded my lavender as well but have it outdoor right now and I’ll be thinning and transplanting that into the grow in the next few weeks. Overall everything is looking pretty healthy. Happy growing folks. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

@Philly111 looking good man. I like GSC and Headband myself. Wonder how they’d be as a hybrid. Let me know when you toke it brother.

4 Likes

@Philly111 Sweet Little Darlings

3 Likes

So my Agent Orange will be here tomorrow more than likely and I have some Moby Dick on the way. Both are regular but the forum doesn’t have the link for Moby Dick regular. I feel a small HCC seed breeding project coming soon. Here are the links.

5 Likes

@MDBuds those are going to make us all Smile watching the grow

1 Like

I will let you know for sure bro :v:

2 Likes

@MDBuds nice MD your seedlings are getting muscles

1 Like

Looking good. Healthy color and solid stems. Short nodal spacing. Going to have some dense foliage and buds. A little droopy from the heat but I just watered so they’ll bounce back fast. Biggest one is 4 inches tall 6 inches wide. It’s almost time to start some lst before flower. Maybe early next week since they’ll be flowering in the next week or two. Happy growing folks. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

5 Likes

@MDBuds :rocket: they’re ready to go Zoom Zoom :european_castle: beautiful set up

1 Like

@Dabbindeebo the living soil technique is my preferred method. I like the concept of the layered super soil but it never worked too well for me. I usually end up with nutrient deficiencies until it hits the super soil then I end up with surpluses. Never quite got the mix right for that one but the living soil technique I’ve never had issues. Always got amazing healthy plants.

2 Likes

@DollarBill they sure are. I can’t wait for them to flower so I can start watching all of my hard work pay off. Both plants I have are 9-12 week autos so I’m going to have at least 6 weeks of fun flowering these ladies.

1 Like

I feel you. Ill probably use that method the next time. Gonna try every method that I can till I fi d what I like best. Preciate the info and your opinion bro.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I just harvested this weekend. Its all in curing jars. Not gonna test it till Halloween.

3 Likes

Looks good @Dabbindeebo. So far my favorites are building my own living soil, using Nature’s Living Soil and doing their living soil technique, and my own hybrid coco/soil mix that’s part soil but technically part hydro since the mix has so much drainage.

3 Likes

Sane here @MDBuds. I’m digging the soil/coco, I’ve even looked at octo/auto pots seriously. I use a similar technique for my permanent veg garden. Its called wicking beds, basically a box of soil with a pool of water under it. It works amazing, very drought resistant and makes the roots go deeper. You just have to watch the salt build up in the pools, easily solved by flooding them regularly.

4 Likes

@Rye I’ve looked into DIY wicking beds and they seem pretty amazing. I can’t grow outdoor here though which is disappointing because a wicking bed would be great for medicinal cannabis here to keep water costs down in the summer. Ca water bills during drout season get insane.

1 Like

I am still torn about outside growing, I do want to but my veg/fruits/flowers are so overwhelming already I’m not sure I could handle another outdoor growing area right now. And that’s not even considering the environmental/insect issues here in MO.

I am still researching the octo/auto pots. They look simple enough to DIY them cheaply. But again new issue over just soil. But they say it gives yields close to hydro with the taste of soil.

2 Likes