HCC indoor organic grow journal

I just harvested this weekend. Its all in curing jars. Not gonna test it till Halloween.

3 Likes

Looks good @Dabbindeebo. So far my favorites are building my own living soil, using Nature’s Living Soil and doing their living soil technique, and my own hybrid coco/soil mix that’s part soil but technically part hydro since the mix has so much drainage.

3 Likes

Sane here @MDBuds. I’m digging the soil/coco, I’ve even looked at octo/auto pots seriously. I use a similar technique for my permanent veg garden. Its called wicking beds, basically a box of soil with a pool of water under it. It works amazing, very drought resistant and makes the roots go deeper. You just have to watch the salt build up in the pools, easily solved by flooding them regularly.

4 Likes

@Rye I’ve looked into DIY wicking beds and they seem pretty amazing. I can’t grow outdoor here though which is disappointing because a wicking bed would be great for medicinal cannabis here to keep water costs down in the summer. Ca water bills during drout season get insane.

1 Like

I am still torn about outside growing, I do want to but my veg/fruits/flowers are so overwhelming already I’m not sure I could handle another outdoor growing area right now. And that’s not even considering the environmental/insect issues here in MO.

I am still researching the octo/auto pots. They look simple enough to DIY them cheaply. But again new issue over just soil. But they say it gives yields close to hydro with the taste of soil.

2 Likes

@Rye I’ve even thought about building a 4×4×2 raised wicking bed and just putting it into my grow room. Like a hybrid no till soil DWC. Have a marine pump and air stone in the wicking bed and have it pump aerated water back into the soil with a drip system every other day. Still working out the kinks but if I perfect it I’ll be sure to share the build.

3 Likes

@Rye those octo/auto pots are nice. A little pricey but once set up the grow takes care of itself with little maintenance.

1 Like

I am looking at something similar as well, even looked at flood tables. My ONLY issue with building 1 for the whole room is when I decide to grow more than 1 strain at a time. My local grow shop has 3×4×1 pans for grow rooms I could use for something like that.

2 Likes

@Rye fair point, but that’s why you’d plan your grows with strains that thrive in similar environments. You could always just put a fabric pot on top of the soil bed with a new strain in it and see how well it does in the environment you set up before transplanting in the soil with the others.

2 Likes

@MDBuds @Dabbindeebo you all three grow beautiful bud that i would smoke anyday. i remember many a day when i wish i had :laughing: a new connection like you three. @Rye

2 Likes

Same to you bro! Hopefully one day we can meet up and share stories and bud!! Stay lifted my friend!

2 Likes

@Dabbindeebo damn corona can’t last forever cuz Hell i ain’t got that long :laughing: it’s already 11 months to my next Birfday and nah i ain’t high

3 Likes

@Dabbindeebo man them buds you got looking tasty as a MFer. This is THE hardest part of growing, looking at all that bud right in front of you but you gotta wait to smoke it. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

@DollarBill yours doesn’t look half bad either. All of you guys make me wish I took pictures of my old grows but I was always low key about everything. Only my closest friends knew I grew and I’ve never shared anything publicly so this forum is a first for me.

2 Likes

Man I’m tellin you! Its torture!!:grimacing::grimacing::rofl:

2 Likes

@Dabbindeebo @MDBuds :laughing: in 1974 i lost a whole box of Weed Photos. me and my wife holding Quaqacan Buds long as my arm including electron microscope prints of huge Columbian buds. back during the Gas Shortage we had to move. the Box got stole when we stayed overnite in a motel room. Needless to say, the shotgun was loaded when we screeched tires Away. she still loves me to this day

2 Likes

Dude, I would love to just sit and talk with you and hear your stories! I bet it would be freakin epic!!

2 Likes

@Dabbindeebo Ax Pot Head Stories hahahaha frick’n cops, half my Hod Damn Life they made me look over my shoulder for Nothing

1 Like

I’ve seen a pic of my parents and my uncles and aunts on my moms side sitting around a feed trough trimming buds in a field of standing plants, it and some other photos were lost in the house fire we had. That and the one of me about 12 standing in a field of buds were my favorites.

The previous generations of my family were mostly bootleggers and sharecroppers so it’s in our history.

I never grew seriously or indoors till just recently, I actually consider this grow my technical first. As it was the first time I planted the seeds and cared for it start to finish.

3 Likes

:smile: @Rye it’s always like my inexperienced first time, no matter how much i absorb, the next grow never ticks the same… be it 2 summers or 2 winters. Get It? i’ve forgot half what i knew back then in life when i traded it for a married old farts life

1 Like