Grow journal #1

@Eggs

I’ve used both Ocean Forest and Happy Frog.
I’ve heard people say that it’s too strong and will burn your seedlings up. That is hookum. You can start your seeds right in the soil without problem.
I have seen people have problems with it though. It usually has to do with them chasing pH and not relying on the very well built soil and it’s buffers to take care of the pH,that or overwatering.
Unless you have some seriously crappy water you shouldn’t need to pH your nute mixes for FFOF. Would still check to see how far from ideal pH it is. Some may still have to pH but it is rare.
I switched to Pro Mix and Mega Crop to save cash. FF is too spendy for me. It came down to $60 worth of soil or $15 for a bale of Pro Mix per grow.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve heard ppl starting seeds in it and it burning, but I’m gonna start it in plain soil for the first 3 weeks or so, but my biggest question is when do u stop using plain water and start fertilizing? Or is it good for the entire grow?

1 Like

So I have two banana kush autos germinating, and 24 quarts of ffof arriving next week, gonna have them under a hlg 100 4k and gonna have my shitty blurple in there just to have extra, gonna do 20/4 light schedule and depending on how big they get I may set up the 2x4 with the 260xl rspec, I’m currently unsure of planter

2 Likes

That 260 will do it in a 2×4 @Eggs. I’m running 3 of the 288s in a 3×4, with great results. The thread is the lemon haze autoflower. What driver are you using on it?

2 Likes

@Eggs
It’s usually good for up to 3 months. That said I started feeding at the 1.5 month mark when I used the Fox Farms trio. When I switched to mega crop I started a little earlier at about 3-4 weeks. I used very low doses.
Some can get all the way to pre-flower transplant with just water and some cultivars are heavy feeders and need a bit of nutes along the way.

2 Likes

Lol whatever driver came with it, I got it like a year ago I think, but when I switched from the blurple to the hlg lights the difference was phenomenal, I’ve grown tons of AMAZING bud with these lights, I cldnt imagine changing my lights, my grow setup is constantly changing however, the original idea was to have a small blue spec tent and a bigger rspec tent to achieve a perpetual grow, but with stealth being a bit of an issue I’m prevented from turning my spare room into a straight up grow lab, how nice it wld be though

4 Likes

That’s awesome!, I’m really excited to use this soil I’ve always wanted too

2 Likes

4 Likes

Came early!!!

Also both banana kush seeds seem to be popping alright

1 Like

My cat tore a whole in the ffof through the box…

2 Likes

@Eggs Animals love playing in compost. My cat does it too. :joy:

1 Like

You gotta keep it locked up @Eggs, away from the animals. Dog, cats, chickens all love the fox farms soil for some reason.

1 Like

Lol yea I found out, any problems after its potted? I’d be lieing if I said I never zipped my cat up in my larger tent…she will sneak in there and hide behind the plants lol it’s like a game to her

3 Likes

Man I like your cat already. :rofl:

1 Like

Ugh, these seeds r going so slow…there popped n I see tails, but come on! It’s taking forever lol

1 Like

I’m having trouble deciding which tent I want to use…think I’m gonna use the 2x4 for my germinating autos and start 2 photos in there when the autos r half way done

1 Like

Hey, i know theres chemicals u can buy to make ur bud bigger and more thc, can anyone give me some names to look into?

Do you guys useing the tents do y’all pull fresh air from outside

No, I use a duct fan or whatever and the ducting to circulate air inside and outside the tent, and when in flower I use a carbon filter to deal with the smell, but no air from outside, also use one or two little clip on fans to help keep the air inside the tent keep swirling

2 Likes