Grow journal #1

The fan shld be closer to the canopy level blowing across the top I believe…is this a trick question?

1 Like

@kmac03 everything looks happy and healthy. No need to correct it. A tilted light will just put your ppfd “map” off center a bit but as long as you don’t have any dark spots or hot spots you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

@Eggs that’s her exhaust fan. She was asking about her light in the corner. The black box next to the exhaust fan.

2 Likes

Well I will do exactly as you recommend…do u start as a seedling or veg?

1 Like

Sorry to intrude upon!

Thank you, @MDBuds.

2 Likes

It wldnt be the same without u here lol

2 Likes

Well, thank you, @Eggs. I’m awkwardly learning how to take compliments so thank you for practicing with me. :star_struck:

2 Likes

@eggs I start in early veg/late seedling usually for the 1 hour.

Seedlings I will use UV-B if my humidity is too high and I have a mold and pest risk. Like my current grow my humidity shot up to 99% in the tent after the rain we had so I had to put an extra fan in and turn my dehumidifier up and decided to throw my UV-B lights in to help prevent mold issues.

I got it back down to 60% today thank baby jebus. Lol

1 Like

I have the same problem with humidity here in the south, like living in a dang rainforest, I’d much rather it be dry n use a humidifier in veg than dehumidify in flower

2 Likes

@eggs that’s what I have to do here late summer early fall is humidify during veg and just let it go during flower. I love it. As soon as the winter rains start though we get an average humidity of 75% so I have to run my dehumidifier 24/7 during flower in the wet season. Getting it down to that 30-40% sweet spot is a nightmare. Lol

2 Likes

Until y’all live on the third floor of a hundred year old house with gas heat… It’s awful getting that balance. My face is about to slough off. I think I’ve aged 150 years in the last five minutes.

1 Like

Brother tell me about it

running this for 2 1/2 months is a damn nightmare for my light bill, but this baby keeps the humidity at 30%

1 Like

I have a question do I start back in with the kelp and molasses along with the tiger bloom and Big Bloom on the next feeding or should I wait another week or two? And just do the two Fox Farms for the next couple weeks till? And I don’t know what it is but this is the weirdest smelling plant I have grown yet. And also she was looking like she was needing zinc again so I whip together another tea batch but this time I just cold-brewed it for 24 hours and then squeezed it out and put it right at the base under the side of the plant that looks like it needed some and today completely different colored plant she’s dark green again and looking totally happy it always amazes me how fast they recover ,.so wild

3 Likes

@dmtscravey molasses and kelp is safe to use every feeding and watering if you do a small feeding. The big feeding like you did I’d only do every 2 to 4 weeks. I personally just prefer doing the smaller feedings but it’s been about 3 weeks or so since your last big one so another big one won’t hurt.

It’s going to get all kinds of smells with that kelp and molasses man. Feeding the soil right feeds your plants better and gives them more access to potassium and other micros needed for bud mass, terpenes, and trichomes.

The last white widow I grew using my living soil with liquid kelp and molasses ended up smelling like an herbal tea being brewed on a campfire. Strong herbal, pine, and skunk smells. It was amazing.

2 Likes

Since I only water basically once every five or six days what would be a continual feeding rate like one teaspoon instead of one tablespoon per gallon for the molasses and kelp? I would prefer the smaller feedings myself believe it or not I didn’t think I was overdoing it I actually reduced from what it said to put in there LOL I just get a little overzealous at times😁

1 Like

@dmtscravey 1 to 2 teaspoons every watering will be good at that rate. That equates to roughly 2 to 3 tablespoons every 4 weeks.

I got it thankyou very much

2 Likes

Was that the strawberry greens tea?

Yes exactly I just buy a pound of strawberries at the market come home and just cap them like you do before you eat them cut the greens off and I just soaked it and what part of the red strawberry is left on it in a bowl with water for 24 hours and it seemed to work better than seeping it in a hot pan. But the plants love it and they immediately turn darker. green and bonus you get to eat a pound of strawberries and the ones around here right now are really tasty.

2 Likes

Grow them from suspended pots. Freeze dry the berries and send them to me. :nerd_face:

1 Like