Grow journal #1

Hahahaha! There’s snakeweed and anti-venom for those bites. :snake:

I think that MD might have been the one to separate couple of them few months ago

No, cld u explain it to me plz

You don’t have to separate them there where couple guy’s on here few months ago separate them they pulled them up and pulled them apart carefully

If you separate them will one of them die?

1 Like

I haven’t done it myself as I haven’t been gifted with twins yet. From what I understand, you separate the taproot with a sterilized razor blade, let them rest in their dirt for 24 hours, then transplant. Are you up for it?

Check this thread here.

Man, that makes me nervous just thinking about it.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’ve never had one sprout like that myself, but I’d love to come across it to try. In other groups, flowers, trees, etc are sprouting doubles. Interesting, huh?

Yea both will live MD gets on here he can help with it

1 Like

I meant to tag him up there. @MDBuds, can you help this gentleman out?

It’s really self explanatory just have to be really really careful

1 Like

Have you done it before?

1 Like

Well, I can certainly certify that I had one taproot at the time of planting, however, if it’s all one plant cant I just let it grow as one plant?

2 Likes

That’s why I said above, separate her or let her fly. :star_struck: :v:t2:

1 Like

@kmac03 what will I be helping with now? The surgical separation of conjoined twins? :joy:

3 Likes

So, is there any harm in just letting it be?

2 Likes

@Eggs no no harm. If you manage to separate successfully though you can get two plants but it’s fairly difficult to do because you never know if they share a hurd and xylem or if they have two hurds and separate xylem unless there’s an obvious “split” in the meristem.

4 Likes

Yes! I want to watch. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

@kmac03 if I ever get some conjoined twins that I know will survive the butchering I’ll make a video just for you. :joy:

3 Likes

That would be amazing. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen something so dramatic. :grimacing:

2 Likes