First Run, Is it Time?

Hello Everyone, I’m new to both this forum and growing.
I had a couple of random seeds back in the summer, with very good weather I though I would try my hand. Planted them outdoors and had to move them indoors due to drastic weather changes. I have no idea what strain, week of flower etc but they look great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

It would only let me upload one image at a time.

6 Likes

@Henry welcome to the forum. Glad you have such a good camera because you can see the trichomes clearly. It is close to harvest. Most are milky white and some are already turning amber. You still have a few clear ones but they’ll mature soon so I would start flushing now and harvest within a week or two if you want that cerebral euphoric high. If you want it to couch lock I’d give it 2 to 3 weeks for more amber trichomes.

This is my best estimate though. Without knowing the strain information I have no way to give a more accurate estimate.

9 Likes

Wow @Henry she is beautiful. Good job newbie!!

Keep us posted

7 Likes

You’ve done a great job for your 1st time. with all those Trichomes that looks like some stoney stuff Happy Smoking

6 Likes

Beautiful healthy too.good job

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Henry !

Your plants are really close

Keep an eye on those trichomes as @MDBuds has suggested

You’re almost there. They look great :+1::v:

2 Likes

Great job on those plants. And great pictures as well. Welcome to the forum @Henry.

4 Likes

@Henry Welcome to the forum! Beautiful Pictures!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, the positive vibes on this forum are unreal! I’ve had them in compost/soil mix, gave them PH balanced water and that’s it. Is Flushing still advised? If so then how long and can I “drowne” the plant whilst doing so? Again thank you all for your advice.

P.S. I just held my loupe in front of the iPad

4 Likes

@Henry if it’s all organic a flush isn’t necessary. You can just harvest when ready. I’m just in the habit of telling new growers to flush. Lol

2 Likes

No worries mate, how do you dry? I’ve seen many different methods but not sure which is the fastest whilst maintaining trichomes/aroma etc. I’ve noticed that you have to sift through everything you read, still setting up my grow space and did not even monitor/regulate temps and humidity. Is there a critical factor to the drying process?, from what I’ve read it’s all about the Humidity levels.
Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

@Henry the most critical factors are humidity and airflow to prevent mold. My preferred method is to trim off the fan leaves and larger leaves in the buds and leave the sweet leaf. Wet trimming helps to prevent losing resin and trichomes from agitation during dry trimming even though a dry trim can give you a prettier looking bud. I prefer potency to aesthetic.

After trimming I hang upside down in my grow tent with a small fan running under them to circulate air and have my dehumidifier going set to 55%. I prefer hang drying to rack or net drying because it’s less time consuming and I don’t have to rotate my buds every day so they don’t flatten out or mold.

I check every day or two and do the snap test and once the stems snap clean I cut the stems off and put the buds in jars to start curing.

5 Likes

@MDBuds that’s how I plan to dry my buds. But was going to hang in box with air flaps & fan blowing into air flaps. I want a small tent to dry, but budget says no lol.

Your thoughts?? And thanks as always.

3 Likes

@Adcrag there’s a company coming out with a pretty badass combo called DryTents - they’re affordable and are actually cheaper than buying the components by themselves so it’s pretty cool :slight_smile: figured I’d tell you about em so you could check them out! They are on Instagram :slight_smile: Instagram.com/drytents

3 Likes

@Adcrag I wouldn’t set up the fan to blow directly on the buds. It will dry them too fast and unevenly. If you use a cardboard box the ones I have had best luck with in the past are the large moving boxes or wardrobe boxes. They have enough space in them to hang the buds and for a fan and a dehumidifier without having air blow directly on the buds and it’s pretty cheap and cost effective.

3 Likes

Good morning lads, I harvested the small plant I shared pictures of yesterday. I placed florist ties around the stems and hung them in a small tent with a dehumidifier and a fan aimed towards the floor. I have a temperature of 22 degrees grade and a humidity level of approximately 60%, The Weather Channel says humidity in my area is at 93%. Trying to lower my humidity is proving quite difficult, what are you thoughts? Thank you all.

2 Likes

I made 2 drying environments out of cardboard boxes.
Cost next to nothing. 1 small, 1 from a wardrobe box. That one cost me 18.00 for the box
A little Velcro, razor knife and any type of reflective material (tinfoil, mylar, etc) and some glue and tape
I also bought some of those Artic Air evaporative coolers. Got for $22-26 on Mercari. Great for humidity and gentle breeze. I vent the boxes to control humidity along with fan speed. I also added a Honeywell fan $15 amazon to my large box.

5 Likes

Henry, I personally do not try to manipulate the humidity or anything when drying just because of lack of budget to do so. As long as you have air movement in your closet and just open and burp the Room every now and then and monitor for mold your plants will dry just fine, it may take another day or so with higher humidity but that’s alright because the longer the dry the better they cure. Once they are dry start your curing process with glass jars And from there on out it will continue to get better as it cures with taste and harshness. So don’t stress all those small things after all it is a weed and will make do just fine with whatever you have to offer it. That was a great looking grow by the way.

6 Likes

Thank you everybody, i have one plant left until I can germinate my White Widow and Royal Cheese autos by RQS. Please have a look below, again a random seed, it is about 5ft tall and has quite even spacing between nodes, believed to be some sort of Haze. The trichomes are mostly still clear but I am having issues with powdery mildew. I tried a milk/water solution last night and followed with pure water before the lights came on. What are all your thoughts on this? Shall I harvest early to prevent spreading to the buds or wait and wash? Again Thank you all.

4 Likes