AeroGarden Grow #2

@Kimmyann253 I was leaning more toward algae than the root rot but yeah you can get root rot, slime mold, and algae in aeroponics and hydroponics. I am leaning toward algae though because your feed lines on your air pump are clear which allows for algae to photosynthesize and grow in the tube and get on your roots.

Algae and mold are crazy because you can bring them into your grow room without even knowing just from walking around outside.

2 Likes

Ugh!!! Who knew that was even possible. Thought that only happened with fish. I’ll definitely be taking a closer look when I get home. Thanks.

2 Likes

Felt the water. It doesn’t fell slimy. I peeked at the roots and they seem fine to me.

2 Likes

clean, white roots for the most part. Just trim off the bad leaves and continue on, time will tell.

2 Likes

Looking absolutely amazing! Cannot wait to see this grow take off, they’re growing super fast!

2 Likes

you HAVE to top this strain…Frankenstein is an auto but it is a MONSTER (in all facets) and will grow big so start topping. It can grow to 3 feet or more so you might actually have to train the stems to go DOWN around the container. Make sure you can still feed / change solution.

1 Like

Alrighty. Water has been changed. A little extra nutes have been added as suggested. I did add that but if vinegar because there was some slimy stuff on the tubing of the air stone. You can sorta see it in that one pic with the roots. I trimmed the dead leaves off and topped her.

:crossed_fingers:t2:

Before

After

4 Likes

Looks like the girls are coming around alil better now keep up the good work!!

1 Like

Top and train time…get those branches pointing in the right direction now…It really does look like they will be MONSTERS…those leaves are gigantic! I do not think you will ever grow anything more powerful than this

1 Like

@Kimmyann253 they look great. Glad you caught the slime on the air hose. That can get out of hand fast. Glad to see they have some more color too. The leaves seem a bit darker with just a smidgen of tip burn which is the sweet spot where you want them. Push them hard but not too hard. Once flower starts they will explode. Definitely should start training now as @Mrb53004 recommended.

Also, quick tip for the air hose, you can pick up some black or opaque tubing fairly cheap. I’d suggest getting some so you can use it as a black out air hose. It will help prevent algae blooms. Or you can even just wrap some black electrical tape around the hose you already have. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

So I did already top them. Just to remind myself, I’m training the branches that the buds grow from, right, not the big leaves?? If that’s the case the branches to LST seem a little too skinny and weak to do now. I mean I’ll do it. I can be gentle (when I wanna be. Hehe).

@MDBuds. Great advice on the tubing. I will definitely look into getting some.

1 Like

@Kimmyann253 yes you are training the branches to grow out horizontal so you can keep the plant short and increase the canopy surface area. Training leaves is a thing too, but it’s just either tucking or tieing them so that they don’t block light to the bud sites on the branches.

1 Like

Ahhh. Ok. So even if they look skinny and weak I should tie them down??

I would not worry about the little leaves now but you can gently start maneuvering the branches the directions you want. Think ahead… Remember this…The root from 2 plants, especially this strain, will be too much for your container. One will have to go. Envision the growth and how 1 plant best utilizes the LIGHT. When you hit around 4/5 weeks, you should get an indication of male/female…You will have to keel one off…do the nasty :crazy_face: Start point them in the envisioned direction…just hook the branch gently…they can be tightened little by little as time goes on

1 Like

Ugh. The thought of having to get rid of one makes me sad :cry:

1 Like

yes, sad indeed. I would either train the left side to go right or the right side to go left, across the top of the reservoir…like trees that grow in the trade winds…the all lean one direction, the direction the wind blows

1 Like

@Kimmyann253 weave them together. You can always root prune too.

1 Like

she will not have enough root zone to support 2 plants…might lead to root rot…this is my strain and root size is enormous

1 Like

You sure those trees weren’t manipulated on purpose to point towards a water source. That’s what was done way back in the day. They are called trail trees. See what you can learn from playing video games. Lmao.

Root pruning sounds interesting and I’d like to try it so I can learn but since this is @Mrb53004 strain I know he knows, you know. So shall we say goodbye to the right one now or wait until we know the sex for sure?? I mean, I haven’t seen any balls grow.

1 Like

WAIT…not yet…couple more weeks and sex will show…sex in the city, Jersey City

1 Like