AeroGarden Grow #2

See. I’m glad I waited. Lol. Ewwww. Jersey City is up north. I’m a south Jersey girl. Lol.

1 Like

Hey guys. Sorry I’ve been slacking. Had an upper respiratory infection this past week and it really knocked me on my ass. Anyway, @Mrb53004 you know your stuff for sure. This beauty is a monster. Tied her down like you said to. @MDBuds I think the extra nutes helped. Should I continue with adding that little bit extra every time I change the water?? What about the ACV just in case?? The leaves are looking good, only a couple tiny spots of discoloration but nothing like before.

4 Likes

my goodness, those have “GIRTH”…later you can tell me if bigger is BETTER :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
and training - grow the plant on the right to the left side (all of it) and vice versa
They really are BIG…you topped both? Do you think one looks better than the other?
You may have to move one sooner as the roots must be gigantic by now…
I see no cause for concern over the tiny little spots or burnt tip/s you see. We want to PUSH…no going in to home plate standing up, we SLIDE in, kicking up the gravel, colliding with the catcher…no playing it safe here

3 Likes

I love the way you describe things :heart_eyes:. Yes, I topped both. Anyway to tell the sex yet?? I’d hate for o pull the wrong plant.

image boys look like this…cluster of grapes…get in real close at the node

girls look like this image boys like this

side by side

2 Likes

@Kimmyann253 yeah keep increasing over time with the plants needs and start cutting back mid to late flower when they need less. Yeah I would suggest using the acv at 1 tsp per gallon. It not only helps keep ph balanced and prevents mold/algae it’s also a micro booster.

1 Like

Well then at this point I think they’re both female. I’m not seeing any signs of ball clusters.

It is a little early…wait another week. PS - you can FLIP into 12/12 now…it will keep the plant smaller, less harvest but you can trigger flowering. Then you can go back to 18/6…as an auto, it will respond to the light and work both ways.

1 Like

So if I flip the lights now, could I keep both plants??

yes, this way you make sure they are both females, then it is a matter of enie, meanie, minie, mo

2 Likes

So then I can’t keep both?? I figured if I kept them small I could keep both and have a bigger yield.

we talked about this before…not enough root space in the aeropot to support 2 frankensteins…

1 Like

Yea I know. Just wishful thinking for a better yield :woman_shrugging:t2:

then take one out and plant it in a container…you can get a cheap light

1 Like

What kind of soil do I use and how do I maintain nutes with it and how do I check pH??

I would not worry about any of that. A simple bag of potting soil…Even the Miracle Grow Plus or similar. A 3 gal container (min, 5 gal max) and water - bottled water. Soil will self correct ph and bottled water is already ph correct, and you can use the nutes from the aero for the water.
either of these cheap lights is enough to get you some bud
click here #1
click here #2 option

1 Like

Alrighty. I’ll give it a shot

1 Like

kimmyann you can do it! :+1:

1 Like

I didn’t want to show this cuz it’s an embarrassing mistake but it’s a good learning experience. So I was sick for over a week and then busy taking care of my sister. Just busy busy and did not tend to my girls like I should have. Needless to say, having the two plants that grow quicker and bigger, sucked up all the water and they wilted. Thankfully doesn’t look like it died so I’m hoping the water will liven her up soon. :crossed_fingers:t2:

I noticed it yesterday morning. The pics are from early this morning and they do look a ton better so that’s a positive.

1 Like

On a side note…

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!! To who ever celebrates.

5 Likes