AeroGarden Grow #2

Hahahahaha! Does she know she’s in a competition? Or she doesn’t like the one in the corner running after her? She seems a little defensive about it, huh?

2 Likes

I think more so that it may be f1 seeds…Some will be great, some not so great…that is why I said plant 2…I was getting some males in the f1 seeds

3 Likes

Of course, on hindsight, if one isn’t aware of a competition, then the only competition lies within the one who has harnessed the perspective. :thinking: The mind is a terrible place. I should know, I’m crazy. :rofl::v::eyes::hibiscus::herb:

3 Likes

Your freaking awesome girl!!!

2 Likes

What’s an f1?? As I add something else to make 20 characters :roll_eyes:

1 Like

f1 refers to the lineage of the strain… first generation hybrid seed/plant that occurs following the successful cross-pollination of one genetically uniform plant variety with another specific genetically uniform variety
This means when the parents were pollinated (male pollen, female plant, these are the seeds from THAT ENCOUNTER. Later we continue to breed the children over and over, selecting the best of the best, cross breeding some…
For Instance - I had a Frankenstein auto female and a GirlScoutCookie auto male. I pollinated her with the GSC and have f1 seeds on the way from that pollination…FrankenCookies…
Oftentimes, the traits and characteristics of the female plant tend to carry over more dominantly to the new progeny. Nevertheless, the traits of the male plant are still obvious in the genes of the new breed. Each seed carries a unique set of characteristics passed down from its mother and father resulting in many different ‘phenotypes’ of a single strain

6 Likes

Nicely said sir @Mrb53004

4 Likes

Alrighty. Two weeks down. Growing good. Idk why two leaves on the one are discolored. Maybe I didn’t change the water soon enough. As long as the rest of her is healthy I’m good. Should I take those dead leaves off??

2 Likes

clip the dead leaves…no need to keep them there
the one in the left rear is almost ready to top…1 more node
clip the dead leaves, wait a week…top or fim (just the left side)
Leave the right side alone…maybe just LST that one. Start manipulating it to grow to the RIGHT side of the container…little at a time, it is young and fragile. Hook the stem near the root and secure to the left, hook the stem near the top and little by little, guide it to the right side of the aeropot

2 Likes

Ok. Removed the dead leaves and I was actually able to just turn the pod of the other one so she’s leaning to the right now.

2 Likes

Ok. Why are the leaves “dying” on just the biggest ones?? The pH is fine and I’m giving the proper nutes. :weary:

1 Like

dang, those leaves are big…Frankenstein, the monster…
did you drip anything on them, are they damp like sweating, is the light a little too close from the last session? Flowering we lower the light, vegging we raise it.
It also looks a little like a Phos issue…The nutes right now should be light / less until we get to flower. Try a little less nutrient in the water…feed less until flowering.

2 Likes

I did raise the lights but can raise them more. I didn’t drip anything on them and they’re not damp. I’m following the nutrient schedule that the guide I found has, same as last grow.

The lights I have on 24/0 as per your suggestion. Should I cut it back now??

you can kick them down to 20 hrs if you like. keep nutrients at week 1 for 2 more weeks, then follow the schedule outlined (week 2 chart maybe actually be week 4 or 5 life)

2 Likes

I can do all the fore mentioned. So it could be nutrient burn??

1 Like

Ok. Wtf is happening?? The pH is still within range. I raised the lights. Didn’t add any extra nutes. Should I though?? I don’t know what to do. It seems to be mostly the bottom two leaves.

On the plus side, they are getting bigger. The one on the right seemed to really like taking that spin.

1 Like

many times the first and even 2nd set of leaves just die off. Clip them and see how the growth is.THe tops look good…runt really caught up, aye?

2 Likes

@Kimmyann253 you’re keeping ph between 5.5 and 6 correct? And you made sure to clean your pump, lines, nets, and the tank thoroughly before starting this new grow yes?

Just asking because that looks like what happens when you get root rot or mold/algae on your roots.

Try adding 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar per gallon to your res. It will kill algae and give a small micro nutrient boost as well as temporarily lower your ph.

3 Likes

@Kimmyann253 also, because it’s an auto and they eat up phosphorous and micros like mad try increasing your bloom, micro, and calmag just a smidgen. They grow so fast they need a lot of phosphorus and calcium for proper cellular growth as well as that extra potassium.

Maybe by .5 to 1 ml increase per. Try .5 first and if you’re still seeing the deficiencies aside from the possible root issues increase to an extra 1ml.

2 Likes

@MDBuds. Yes. The pH is within that range. I usually keep an eye on it because it can tend to get low. I did clean the unit thoroughly before this grow. Even flushed it with a bit of vinegar as @Mrb53004 suggested and then rinsed it 3 times after. Is it even possible for the roots to get rot when they are submerged in straight water?? I guess I’ll have to take a peak. I’m going to be changing the water this weekend (maybe even tonight), I’ll add the apple cider vinegar. I’ll also clip those leaves off as well.

@Mrb53004. Yea the squiggly runt is definitely catching up. I think turner her outward really made a difference so thank you for that suggestion.

Who knew there was so much to stress about being a plant parent. Ugh. Lol.

1 Like