Wall mount air intake fan?

Do you know what thread? Probably never mind at this point because obviously I have no clue. I’ll tag this so I can find it easy. #wallmountairintake

This area is where I am clueless, that is why I am asking for guidance. I have no clue as to what you are telling me and how that is done to make it work. I know I pulled these from computers, I know the computers easily run 2/3/4 fans simultaneously. I have power supplies from computers that are 12v bridge rectifiers and if I can attach 2 or 3 fans to the wires from the p/s’s, then I just need to know how to splice in. I have 3 power supplies, 6 fans

You can get old phone charger adapter it will have 110ac to 12volt dc spice it make sure you got positive and negative marked

@Mrb53004 yeah you can easily run 3 to 4 fans with 1 power supply, but in the pc the fans are controlled by the cpu on the ground side of the circuit after running through resistors on the motherboard so there’s lower amperage than what the power supply puts out.

If you can either pm me photos of the power supplies or upload them I will be able to tell you exactly what you need and how to wire it.

1 Like

@Mrb53004 you have access to a multimeter right?

It’s aggravating when others can’t see the obvious pictures in your head, huh? :rofl: Please know, this is said in jest.

Well, that takes care of this thread for me. It’s all angles and static for me now. Haha! :v:t2:

It is scary in there, sometimes I don’ t want to see them either

1 Like

I can hang better with the static rather than the geometric designs. The oddball thing is, I’m fantastic at figuring out chemistry. Most bizarre thing ever.

Nope, not any longer. Here are the P/S

@Mrb53004 running a switching walwort would be better than using those power supplies. 12v DC 2 amps would run those 3 fans with no waste and it would be safer. The other 3 fans you have can be wired the same way in parallel.

1 Like

What is a “switching walwort”? AND
Merry Christmas and thank you for everything

@Mrb53004 a switching wall wart i meant. It’s just a 12 volt DC adapter that has a switching unit inside instead of a transformer. They’re lighter and easier to work with. A transformer wall wart will work too they’re usually just heavier and bulkier.

Merry Christmas to you too man.

1 Like

I understand mikes confusion I had never heard of a wall wart before eather.

1 Like

@Jared yeah I understand it too. Not everyone has the same knowledge and wall wart is a just a slang term for it used in the pc builder/tech builder community because they’re ugly and block other sockets. I don’t always remember that not everyone uses the same terms.

Oh, I call them HOGS becasue they hog the spaces on the power strip. OK, I have a bunch of those lying around. Now I have to figure the wiring.

2 Likes

Hahahaha! You make me laugh. Thank you! :rofl: :sweat_smile: :laughing:

@Mrb53004 all you need is the ground and power for each fan. You can cap the signal wires. As far as the adapters if they are US adapters black will be your power, white will be hour neutral, and green will be your ground. If they’re Chinese or from some foreign manufacturer your guess is as good as mine without a wiring diagram because they don’t have the same standardized color coding system we use here.

1 Like

Thanks, makes perfect sense. So I can attach 3 fans, one after another, per HOG…right? Only answer if I am wrong.

@Mrb53004 yes if you wire in parallel with a 1 to 2 amp 12v dc adapter.