Twins-well maybe not

@SlingShot , if not flowering yet, I often take the top of a stretchy monster and impale it into the soil 2 nodes. (Keep good notes for future grows). I will hold it down with an opened up paper clip stake or flat pebble. They root surprisingly fast. I have cut it loose as a new clone, and let em flower out depending what I am going for. It definitely makes a skinny pole plant bush out. And it slows it down so the rest of the grow can catch up.

This is also a trick I use frequently on my Bansai clones if any of them get too stretchy during the winter. Sometimes they get too stretchy and there aren’t enough fresh growth nodes down low and it is all up at the top (Think woody stems). I don’t let my winter clones get taller than 12”. So I bend them over (kink it if it’s thicker) and bury their heads in the ground. I have found this to be very effective.

I have never done this to an auto, just photo strains. It may not be helpful to an auto.

1 Like

I am showing an auto. I wouldn’t dare doing what you said to an auto. I do have a Photo that is two weeks younger. I am not letting it flip for a month. I will start training it once I determine the gender. I am trying to sext it before I flip it. Have you been able to do that? Some say you have to let it flower before you can sext it but I have found some articles and You-tubes that say it is possible to see the gender before. I see some little pods but not enough to be sure.
I might just let the beast grow as a veggie until I harvest the Autos. Then flip it. It’ll probably fill the tent by then. LOL

You could try sticking it in a south facing window a week or 2. That’s what I would do if it’s too cold outside where you live to do a carport or roof overhang. If you have a discreet spot to do this. It would show sex quickly this time of year without dropping the time on the autos.

Generally if the hair at the node is bulbous at the base and not skinny it’s a male. But I have seen fat calyxes that appear to be male and some skinny sativas look male too. I have been wrong enough times to just wait. My Grinspoon I grew looked all male (culled them 12 pack) and the one I kept for pollen turned out to be a lovely lady. Looking back I bet those had more females.

There is also a lab test @MDBuds mentioned where you just send them a leaf piece in alcohol in a test tube. If you really want to know early next time. They are surprisingly reasonable on price now if the mail time isn’t too long.

@SlingShot there is a progeny test you can get at labs but the least expensive way to sex with a small crop is to cut a clone or two and let them root. Once they root flower them. Takes roughly 4-6 weeks to sex them that way though.

At that rate, I’ll just keep it in veggie until I harvest the Autos.
I transplanted it to a 5 gal and hopefully it doesn’t take over my tent while it’s vegg’ing.

1 Like

I last shot pre-flower.
Bruce or Katlin?

2 Likes

How old is your plant @SlingShot im going to get a picture of my plants there showing there sex now its be a while before I get pictures its early and my lights are off

It’s been in the dirt for 34 days. Still pretty young. The three Autos are two weeks older and are flowering nicely.
The photo is not tall. It is growing sideways but is getting pretty dense. I guess I’m being too anxious.

Keep rotating your plants if possible it will help them til they get bigger i rotate my plants til I can’t rotate them anymore

Best picture i could get with phone

1 Like

Its hard to see the little spur sticking out its female

I’m in no rush to flip so I’ll just wait it out until I harvest the autos. That will happen in about 3 weeks.
I hate to groom this thing so long and find it a male thought. But that is the price I pay for trying to grow a photo and it has been a great learning experience.
Thanks for all you help.

Yes you have to lay back my friend it takes lots and lots of patience.how old did you say they was

That’s all i grow is photos if im taking a chance on growing there going to be big

As far as age,
The Autos are 6 weeks
The photo is 4 weeks

Are your photos feminized or true regulars?

Feminized but they will show the same as regularScreenshot_20211122-091849

1 Like

Hope this helps my friend

thanks. I’ll compare

Welcome happy growing

Got my tree up early this year.

I sure hope Santa brings me a girl.

1 Like