Trichomes Ready?

@DollarBill need you teach me how to make moon rocks

2 Likes

@Daddy1971 i lost 180 five foot four month olds once. my mind went BLANKruptsy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Fire Department where i live was all bragging and stuff, i just kept my mouth shut. i knew what happened when i saw the smoke signals and the smell burning all evening thing you know

1 Like

I have 4 cloned Death Bubba plants. Planted the clones August 13, flipped them to 12/12 on October 1st. Eleven weeks later, trichomes are still clear! They are in a 4x4 tent under a 1800w COB light, good air movement and quite cool in there, temps get up to 70 with both veg and bloom setting of light on, and a small personal Honeywell heater. Drops to 60 at night.

Super sticky buds, some leaves were turning purple, but stripped off all fan leaves and big leaves a week or so ago, trying to get them to finish. STILL clear!!

As much as I like it that they are still growing and getting more potent, I thought I’d be smoking my Xmas weed, not harvesting it then!

Any ideas on how to speed up trichome maturation? Temps are low, leaves have been stripped, only getting water now. What else to try?

Thanks!

5 Likes

You’re just gonna have to wait for nature to take it’s course! Flowering times can’t be precisely determined. Some strains finish quicker than others.
Yours look great @spudgunner ! :+1: :+1:
Welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Thanks @Khatru ! Ya, earlier crops of Bruce Banner, White Widow and Afghan all finished in 8 weeks or so…not 11 and counting! They’re thickening up, filling in the gaps between so no complaints.

3 Likes

@spudgunner It looks like your doing Great!

2 Likes

@spudgunner, that’s a good looking plant. Nice grow.:eyes:

Since I see you’re from Vancouver, I’ve got to ask. What is up with the mean little otters attacking people in the park downtown there? Maybe some one just need to get them some pot cookies or otter bars. Anyway, I read that they have attacked like 20 people. And that other people have to come in to save them by kicking the otters off them. They jump people like the Raptors in Jurassic Park. Have you ever been to the killer otter park downtown there?

2 Likes

@Noddykitty Coyotes! not otters! But ya, Stanley Park is a great little tourist park, everyone loves to come and feed the geese, leave their garbage everywhere, and then wonder why coyotes aren’t scared of people. There are so many there now, breed like crazy, and no fear of humans. So ya, they go after people.
But the NIMBY’s don’t like the solution of a cull, so they close the park thinking that will solve it!
Same thing with the geese. They no longer migrate south, they stay there all year round. There are grain terminals in the port, so lots of good food for them. There is goose shit everywhere! They need to cull those geese and feed them to the homeless, work on 2 issues at the same time!

Ah well, at least we are legally allowed to grow 4 plants per household now!

2 Likes

I just jarred the gurls I cut on the 8th. The trichs were cloudy in the tent but when I got to look in good lights on the table they were Amber mixed in. I cut a small bud off my remaining gurls and low and behold Amber mixed in. I would sacrifice a small bud to look at under good lights not in the tent. My 2¢ :grin:

2 Likes

Ya, checked again this morning, they are starting to cloud over. About time!
New plan is to take them down Saturday morning, a truly beautiful Christmas present for me!

Got the clones Aug 11, flipped the light Oct 1, harvest Dec 25th. 4-1/2 months! Will post some pics of harvest for y’all!

2 Likes

@spudgunner I just jarred six girls. My very first time so I am extremely bummed about the yield of my labour. Phase two in bud for 3 or 4 weeks. Praying for wisdom and help with these other ladies.

1 Like

What are you needing help with what’s your grow area tent or room and what soil do you use and nutes are you planning on useing @Cannaman22

1 Like

@Daddy1971 i am using a peat moss mix. Pro–Mix in the Red Packaging. Nutrients are a three step system by Reeferalizer. It has a Start package, Grow Package and a Bloom Package. I also use Cal-Mag. I got like two jars of trim and leaves. One Jar of Flower out of six plants on my first grow.

1 Like

Damn are you growing autos or photos

1 Like

Autos from a Northern Bank.

1 Like

What size pots and soil did you use but if you want big yields you need to grow photos

2 Likes

This grow was 4 photos 3 lb of bud not sure about the clipping i give them to my wife she make butter from them

2 Likes

6 Likes

@Daddy1971
My goal is to move to Photos. I like being in control a bit more or at least I think so any way on Photos. I feel limited on Autos. However, being a Newby I thought I should get the basics down

2 Likes

@Cannaman22 Treat every experience as a learning experience. I grew back in the 80’s and 90’s when BC Bud was world renowned as being some of the best (mine wasn’t the best, but it was good!). Then got a career/family so stopped for years. When Canada legalized weed a few years ago, I got back into growing on my northern facing patio. They would end up like yours looked, not great, but considering the environment I had to work with, mine were still the best out of the growers in my complex. I smoked them and still enjoyed them, even tho they weren’t the best quality. What we knew then about growing weed vs what we know now…incredible knowledge increase. And this Internet fad thing, makes sharing that info so much easier!

Now I have a house, wife let me get a tent for the 4 plants we can grow legally up here. Since I now control all environmental factors (ok, I can’t control Heat Domes…sometimes that tent hits 100 degrees!), but trial and error will give you experience and from that, you will see what works and what doesn’t. And this forum is a great way to learn from others’ trials and errors! And to find little nuggets of info that may give you an Aha! moment.

Most people up here tend to start with clones…guaranteed females, you know what the result will be like, and if you have a couple buddies growing, you can provide each other with you cuttings when you are ready to start the next crop. My daughter’s boyfriend will be taking some cuttings in a couple of weeks (which I originally gave him), by which time my girls will be down (Xmas day harvest!) and 2 weeks hanging in tent, early January I will get some clones back from him. And I will return the favour in March, giving him some replacements. All free! All females! All great weed!

Point is, read and learn. Watch and learn. Then do and learn, and share what you learned! Evan as an experienced old fart, I still learn about this amazing plant (working from home during Covid gives me lots of time to research weed during work time! Like now, LOL!).

Irony for the day…learn how to grow good weed to help you forget!

4 Likes