Topping plants am I doing it wrong?

I was checking my girls this morning and found that 2 of the plants I topped, grew the main stem back.

The girls turned 21 today I’m going to buy them their first drink (FF big bloom & grow big) mixed at about 1/2 strength.

4 Likes

I love this! :heart_eyes: They look beautiful!

2 Likes

Some genus when topped grow 3 branches instead of 2. Look at some of your nodes and you will see that at each node, you have 3 branches, not 2. Are you sure you topped and was not a FIM? We usually see these types of results from fimming. Doesn’t matter, just deal with the tips, not the branches

5 Likes

I just went back and studied up on the difference between topping and fimming. As bad as my eyes are and the way my hands shake anymore I may have fimmed them. Didn’t know there was such a thing. I learned something today. Thanks

3 Likes

It is not your hands, it is the planet. The earth shakes and trembles,we are just along for the bumpy ride :smile:

5 Likes

@brucealmighty, keep at it. It’s helped me focus when I have the shakes, even when I can’t see very well for whatever ailment of the day. Mother Marijuana forces me to settle, if that makes sense?

Also, @Mrb53004 isn’t wrong in what he said. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have found that it is super critical when topping to let the top you are removing get big enough so that when you cut it you do not damage the sprouts on eather side. If you accidentally remove even the tip of one of the sprouts sometimes the other side will shoot ahead and take over buy itself.

2 Likes

@brucealmighty Topping

! :upside_down_face: 11 Weeks GIF_20210120_223626 GIF_20210120_223749

1 Like

:v: GIF_20210226_183620 From your seeds :innocent: https://open.spotify.com/track/6dGnYIeXmHdcikdzNNDMm2?si=LTnUOcp_QSORDqbH2SfTzQ&utm_source=copy-link

1 Like