Tnb co2 and room airflow advise?

Thank you for helping.

I need advise on how to flow air in and out of a 19’x13’x9’ room and I thought using tnb co2 might factor in ?

Also this is auto flower.

Thanks.

1 Like

That is a pretty big room…you will need a dedicated system for that room.

2 Likes

To answer your airflow question, 19x13x9 = 2,233 cubic feet. Duct fans are going to be rated in cubic feet per minute. A general rule of thumb is to select a duct fan rated for CFM greater than or equal to the volume of your grow area.

4 Likes

I would try to bring fresh air from outside in and pull old outside

2 Likes

The whole room is sealed open space with lights in middle area, I try to grow 15, 5 gal at one time and I had good results with auto flower and liked the way they grow fast and not too tall.
But I only have a few grows knowledge and I need to improve some still learning.
I thought the co2 might help improve. I have used KS and coco loco with a little warrior seed starter and did decent grows.
I thought the air exchange number was high, that’s why I thought I better ask about this.
I don’t really understand the co2 usage, as far as it just going out the window if ventilation is on. I’m confused.

1 Like

I have to make my own edible sativa to cope with my mental anxiety and be able to function daily.
I started a few years ago at least. I don’t know any other options. I assume it cost more to go to a store and buy edible and I don’t know any stores to go to. I might be living in the past. I don’t keep up with changing times.
I have no knowledge of all the products now days. I don’t know what the stores are selling or if it would be better to buy there stuff.
I learned to grow and turn into edible use. That’s all I’m familiar with.
There might be oils or something out there instead of my way.
Let me know if I am brain dead, I feel like it.

1 Like

@afid,

I apologize for my previous comment, I think I understand your situation a little bit better now.

For that sized area I was picturing a plant count of like 100. Then imagining the utility bill from lighting all of that at the intensity I like, not to mention trying to control the climate, threw me for a loop.

You should ask for a couple 5x5 tents for Christmas! :grin: You could get them all in there. It ought to increase your efficiency and make the CO2 more practical if you wanted to try it.

The thing about the CO2 is, your plant might not need it or use it if the other parameters aren’t optimized: ie light intensity, air and root zone temp, moisture level of the air and soil, O2 in the root zone, and nutrients.

Fine tune those before you add the CO2, would be my advice. If you don’t go with tents try to surround them on a couple sides with reflective materials.

2 Likes

@afid we are here to help you if we can…this size room is going to be a challenge to keep the environment correct if you use the whole room. …my friend put in a 1 ton AC/Heater unit in the same size room as yours and seems to work out ok but that unit was expensive. Each tent sent up by itself will run you about 1K$ for something you will be happy with and will last. No matter which direction you decide to go there will be an upfront cost that you will recoup after your first or second grow.

2 Likes

If you pull fresh air in for that big of an area there are no need for co2 i have a room close to that size i have a box per say built around my lights i have Mylar panels to keep my lights from making hot spots your going to have a great grow area happy growing

3 Likes

3 Likes

That’s why them plants have leaves for taking in oxygen that the reason I don’t take all them off if you pull air straight from outside there’s no need to add co2 and my buds are solid as rock when I frist made my grow room my buds was dense until I started pulling fresh air from outside and if it in -0 weather i still pull it in i just set my timer on for hour off for two on hour hour off for two unless my lights off then my airs off and i keep space heater in if its going to be real cold for long period

3 Likes

Thank you all.
It sounds like I should be okay if I have a 6" filtered duct into and out of room area and use timers to dial in all my conditions that need to be accounted for.
I think I can control temp.

What humidity level is preferred ?

I will skip the co2 idea.

I have had a large carbon fan filter set up I bought years ago to filter and control odor.
I will try to buy a second version of that to have a fan filter in and one for exhaust.
I learned just enough to create my medicine in past attempts. I just started over and was trying to improve things some.
I like the advise on just putting grow tents in the room. I never realized that option. I thought those were for use when space wasn’t available.
I built a large space because I thought that would be better.

I have one wall to vent air in and out through.
Is it okay to put a fan vent on opposite sides of that wall ? Should one be low mount and other be higher mounted ? Or should I place one in middle of growing above lights ? I can run ducting from inside any location to outlet vent.
Placement of vent pull in and out locations ?
There’s a ton to learn in everything. Thanks all.

1 Like

@afid I am not sure what that web site told you about ventilation but my experience tells me you will need several 6 inch exhaust fans for this room…So is this a building/room outside with insulation and will be subject to outside weather ??? Always try to exhaust air from the highest point in your room and intake from the lowest…hot air rises cold air sinks …try to keep intake opposite of your exhaust so you get the best air movement.

2 Likes

@retiredoldguy my room is 25’x12’x7’ i have one 6"coming in and 6’going out and i have plenty of air flow plus two fans circulation in my grow area

1 Like

@afid what’s your night time temperature and day time

1 Like

well If @Daddy1971 says it will work then I am sure it will, I just know for my 4x4 x7 tent a 6 inch fan never got the temp below 82deg when the room it was in was at 75. I had to go to a 8 inch to keep the temp down and in my 3x3 I had a 4 inch and had to move to a 6 inch to get the temp down. Maybe because in a tent the heat concentration is more than it would be in an open room…

1 Like

Room within a shop both room space all insulated separate temps controlled on both.

1 Like

Temps all controlled easy.

1 Like

ok I would go with @Daddy1971 advice on fan size to start with since it is working for him and you’re inside insulated and has its own HVAC system

2 Likes

My grow room is concrete underground so @afid if yours is insulated probably even better for you

2 Likes