Tnb co2 and room airflow advise?

@retiredoldguy do you pull air from the outside or from room your tents in

2 Likes

I was planning on pulling air from inside shop space and exhausting back into it that’s a 60"x40" size area being used for air in this case.
That space has some minor outside venting.
Will this be a issue using the shop space for air ?
It sounds like outside air is preferred.

Me myself preferred outside our but it depends on night air temperature where you live

1 Like

My grow room is about 10x8x8 and I use a 6" ducted intake from living space, 6" circulation fan, and a 6" ducted exhaust to outside thru a DIY carbon filter. Seems to have done a good job. I do control all the fans so I can dial up or down each as needed. I live in GA

2 Likes

It all will work if you work it you have to find what works best for your grow area bur i would still pull from outside so you can get the freshest air to circulate you don’t have to put it straight on plants just so you have the fresh air coming in @Kojak if you set one of them fans pulling fresh air in you will see what im talking about don’t do it right now you are getting close so maybe next grow you can try it or not air coming from a room is not the same as pulling it from outsideScreenshot_20211006-100812 Screenshot_20211006-100714 these bubs are has solid as a rock

4 Likes

@Daddy1971 I pull air from inside the room…a bedroom in my house…I typically keep house temp at 75deg year round during the day and let it go to 70 at night…

1 Like

Its not the same quality of air when you run your unit for your home it doesn’t use air outside it uses air in the home when you get air from outside its fresh air if that makes sense

2 Likes

You’ve been in house and walk outside on cool morning and take a big inhale of air outside and how it fills refreshing that’s the air im taking about

2 Likes

@Daddy1971 I understand what you are saying but where I live I would be pulling in hot air in the morning. My home HVAC has its own carbon filter on it and it is always circulating air even if heat or AC is not activated…

1 Like

I see @retiredoldguy you are in a hot climate yes it doesn’t work out for everyone im saying anyone that has 4 season colder weather it works really well and i have flaps when my fans are off the flap closes so no air can come back through my lines

1 Like

I may cut a hole somewhere and add a “vent” for my next grow.

1 Like

@Kojak @Daddy1971 was doing plant maintenance this afternoon after Dallas barely beat Washington and just read this about cutting a hole and my mind went to the old Tool time show…something about power tools always makes a man feel good…ahaahahahaha

2 Likes

Ha, that show was hilarious. If he was ventilating for you he would ride in with a tractor and a a big auger bit to drill a hole in the wall. Then on the way out he would hit the wall behind him while backing up. More ventilation.

1 Like

?? dedicated system ?? please explain

@GrnyGrows I meant for a room that size and how it was set up…a dedicated system that would heat and cool

1 Like