Stranger Grows in 2022

Thanks man its been a real joy. I find much peace in this hobby. Especially with everything going on around us. In the grow room it all goes away. Dont know what to expect from any of these strains but they seem to be happy. Really looking fwd to getting the next round going. Its going to be Strawberry Purple Dawn and something fun for the extra… might just pop all the Frankenstein seeds I have. Lil Frankie has been super cool to watch grow. Hopefully everything will start fattening up over the next week and make for more interesting pics.

3 Likes

@regnartS Grow, Lil Frankie, grow!

Got spider mites :roll_eyes: don’t know how?? Maybe co2 tank… guess doesn’t matter. No webs yet that I can locate and mostly on one plant. Is there anything I can do with the lights on to start fighting them?? Pull the really bad leaves I guess. They haven’t done much damage yet… but they got to go!! Any advise??

Pretty sure it was the co2 tank. Its the plant right next to it… I never even considered the tank just thru it in there…:unamused:

Ok… the plan. For now I’m going to pull it out of direct light and qtip the leaves with 1/9 ammonia. Then at lights out going. I’m to do the others. That should put a dent in them… :crossed_fingers: errr its going to take forever lol

@regnartS uvb light can help mitigate them. They have new led lights designed specifically for pest control now that you put under your plants that get the undersides of the leaves and kill mites and other pest larvae and eggs. I forget what the brand name it but it might pop up if you search pest control led light. It’s based off of the same principle of using uvb lights from above to help control mold and pests but directed from the underside of the plant to be more effective.

Organic miticidal stuff can help a lot too. Diluted tea tree oil foliar spray is my personal favorite. Next is d-limonene extract/orange oil. Neem, karanja, camphor, etc… are good organic methods too. Since you’re in flower

Increase airflow and take off the most affected leaves.

You can use diatomaceous earth too. Dust the plants and leaves. Unfortunately if you’re in flower the DE will stick to all of your buds and is incredibly difficult to wash off.

I have a home made insecticidal spray recipe that I recently “perfected” after a few years of tweaking. 4 tbsp orange oil, 2 tbsp tea tree oil, 2 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp liquid kelp, 1 cup worm casting tea, 1 gallon water. Mix it up and give it a shake then spray the plants. Leaves little residue, kills bugs, bacteria, and fungus and it feeds your plants.

Only thing is since you’re in flower I’d definitely do a bud rinse after harvest to make sure all the little mite corpses and the residue from the foliar spray gets rinsed away.

3 Likes

The plant hermed and got the 3 around it. I tossed them. Sad day. Ive shredded tons of plants at work before and its definitely different when you only have 8 plants. To lose 4 sucks. So guess from here I’ll just clean the best I can and hope for the best on the last 4. Almost felt like taking a break. But we shall move on @MDBuds thanks for all the great info…your contributions to this forum are emense.

3 Likes

@regnartS sorry you lost some plants man. That always sucks. Hopefully you can slavage the other 4 and get a decent yield so it’s not a total loss.

You’re welcome, and thank you.

Well the Zkittles are looking good… Frankie is alright… wish the buds would start fattening up. And the next round is getting ready :wink: Strawberry Purple Dawn by Nuclear Dawn Genetics. Third round is the charm?? I hope so.

3 Likes

@regnartS what size pots are you using?
Thanks

@OhanaFarmer 3 gal bags is what I’m using now days

Ugh… what a year so far… Ive learned alot this year tho I guess. Looks like these 3 Zkittles is all I get to harvest this round. The Strawberry Purple Dawn is getting moved to bags tomorrow and off we go again. Im going to be much more proactive with my pest control this time around.

1 Like

@Darodguy. Frankie didn’t make it. Plus the buds just didn’t fatten up… so I trash canned her. Got some more frank beans tho… going to make a couple adjustments and run it again next round.

2 Likes

That is just so sad :disappointed:. I was really pulling for her.

1 Like

This one nug just wants to keep going… wish they were all on the same page😒. Still might be decent harvest. Time will tell.

3 Likes

That’s a beauty :relaxed::dizzy_face:‍:dizzy::dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

1 Like

I’m actually kinda impressed by some of these Zkittles nugs… I will grow again. Pics to come after dry.

2 Likes

that Frankie is crazy pretty!

My first grow!
3 Bruce Banners, 1 Strawberry Cough, 1 Durbin Poison, 1 Blackberry Moonrocks
I’ll be posting more recent pics soon…
wish me luck!

4 Likes

Very interested on how the blackberry moon rocks grow for you. Keep us updated!

1 Like

There is some sugar on there…

2 Likes