Sirsmokes garden of dank 🤤

Coming from another forum thought I’d diversify my sources of information. I run 2 4x8 on HLG quantum board setups - 2 600h’s respec in 1 and 1 600h and 2 260 xl’s in the other. I also have a 2x4 with a 260xl as well as a closet cloning area. I might turn this into a veg/auto grow area down the road but I’ve just upgraded my setup so not worried about that atm. Got plenty of room.

I grow completely organic - typically a mix of happy frog/ocean forest with bat guano, worm castings, blood meal, omri organic 4-4-4, oyster shell and then azos and mykos. For flower I swap out the 4-4-4 with 3-7-4 and add fish bone meal and langbeinite at proper times. Just starting out with mushroom made co2. I’ll post some pics of past grows and my current setup.

Well I guess I can only post one :see_no_evil: better make it count!

7 Likes

@Sirsmokesalot welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here. Nice looking grow.

2 Likes

Howdy Sirsmokes!

Beautiful plants! It’s awesome to see everyone’s little recipes of growing.

2 Likes

@Sirsmokesalot Welcome to the forum, nice to make another acquaintance.
question - I see you use langbeinite, as a liquid or dry feed? what ppm do you use it at (if liquid) and at what part of flowering do you add it.

2 Likes

Welcome @Sirsmokesalot! Love your setup! I have something similar and still experimenting with the best overall processes for my grows.

2 Likes

I use all dry slow release and langbeinite is the same. I only use this in late flower. Generally to finish out packing the colas. It would depend on strain but somewhere around week 6-7 of flower so it’ll be readily available around week 8-9… maybe a little later if that pheno has a longer flower time
Because I’m organic I really don’t worry too much with tds.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! I really appreciate it :+1:

3 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking, why would you use langbeinite? I’m learning and am curious. Due to the -ite is is clay in nature? Yes, I can look it up, but I learn best by asking outside of theory, too. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

Heyy I can post multiple images now. Yay!!

10 Likes

@Sirsmokesalot,

I’m totally loving your set up and it shows what homegrowers could certainly strive to. I appreciate your knowledge most especially. Did you mean to add the receipt and plug numbers? Just asking in case they were a mistake.

2 Likes

That’s a K booster I use to pack out late flower. Hard to find organic boosters but at 0-0-22 it gives me everything I could want. It’s also a mineral so breaks down really slowly allowing me to use earlier and not worry if I misgauged how much time is left (ie no biggy if goes longer)

2 Likes

What’s 0-0-22 mean? I’m also adding additional words so I can post this question as the ‘system’ can’t stand short responses apparently.

1 Like

Lol that was a mistake. That’s over the last 2-3 years so had to dive deep in my phone. I think it’s all set now but thanks for catching it :+1:

2 Likes

That’s your nutrient breakdown. Anything that has macro nutrients (N-P-K) will have that on the packaging. So for instance all purpose nutes will be very balanced something like 4-4-4. What most ppl use on there lawn would be 10-10-10. My flower regiment is something like 3-9-4 so once I switch to flower sometime in stretch I’ll switch over to the 3-9-4 as my base.

2 Likes

So, I know you were using lawns and flowers as examples, but based on the numbers (10-10-10, 3-9-4) are they the same nutes, just different measurements? Meaning, I wouldn’t necessarily go buy all separate nutes, just get the same stuff and measure accordingly?

I hope I make sense as I have some cog issues today.

1 Like

Correct that’s the relationship your nutes have per volume. So in the 4-4-4 example every cup would have 4 part Nitrogen to 4 parts Phosphorous to 4 parts Potassium

You would but different bags for this. So you would have a veg regiment (4-4-4) so while you are vegging you would use this as your base with worm castings, bat guano, oyster shell etc whatever else you wanna use in addition to the 4-4-4. When you switch lights to 12/12 you would stop with the 4-4-4 and move to the 3-9-4 as the base and then definitely cut out blood meal (12-0-0) as you’re done packing the nitrogen out and probably bat guano if not as soon as you flip pretty early on. I would love into fish bone meal early to give a P boost and then wait til then very end for langbeinite.

I know organic is a lot at first but once you make sense of it, it’s really not that bad… andddd you just water with dechlorinated water as needed! My favorite part

3 Likes

Interesting. I’m using biodynamic techniques and it sounds very similar, just different named ‘stuff.’ For instance, I used an application of what we call #500 for the soil prep and I just sprayed #508 to help add the good microbes. I lost a/c over the summer and was in the middle of an actual indoor farm project for credit and a grow, the fungus gnats became unbelieveable (landlord is a jerk) then life happened and I gave up. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Ahhh sorry to hear that. If you ever have issues with pest down the road lemme know - I run a fairly large pest control company during my 9-5. That’s kind of my specialty on the ilgm forum try to help ppl as much as I can. BTi would be what you wanna use for gnats - it’s a very good organic preventative. I use pt alpine aerosol to knock back population in tents if it ever gets out of hand. I just take plants out before I use it

2 Likes

It was devastating to say the least, but I also know how to deal with it. I guess that’s how we learn, huh? Thanks for your information, it’s been very educational.

1 Like

Looks good @Sirsmokesalot, you can upload more photos next post.

2 Likes

Unbelievable pics @Sirsmokesalot!!! I strive for yields like that, but am just getting into my 3rd year of growing. Been growing tropical plants for years, but weed only came into the picture once the girls came of age and went to college. Learning a lot at this forum, but your pics truly show what can be done in a small space with the right knowledge and equipment. Great stuff!!!

Also, speaking of “critters on plants”, I get these white bugs on my bird of paradise, palm tree, and orchids. They look like white flat multi-legged (6?) insects on the leaves and flowers. They leave behind a sticky residue and if you squash them they’re also a bit sticky. I’ve tried all kinds of things to get rid of them, but they always come back. Any ideas? Here’s a pic:

1 Like