Show Your Homegrown!

7 Likes

Ok. I wouldn’t worry too much about your pH. MG has buffers. If you have half decent water you should be fine there. Don’t you need to worry about a slurry test right now. I have done many slurry tests and they are much easier to do with velcro fabric pots.

What kind of schedule are you on? A water, water, feed schedule?
If they are from seed one pheno may need less nutrients and the other. To me one looks hungry, one looks overfed and the other looks just right.

Can you tell me about your watering practices? I see they are in what looks to be 5 gallon buckets? How often are you watering them? How do you determine when they need water? I see a bit of leaf droop and curl.

Anything with time controlled nutes is also not the easiest of systems to work with and it says the soil you’re using feeds for up to six months. The one with the leaf curl appears to have N toxicity. Soil may be too hot for her.

I would start to look at them for signs of maturity in about 2-3 weeks from now. Some plants finish up faster than others. I run a 11/13 light schedule so my plants mature a week faster. I don’t go by breeder recommend guidelines anymore. I just watch for cues from the plant.

It’s hard to advise you as far as feeding due to the medium you are using. I have zero clue what the plant is actually getting. We should still eliminate all other possibilities.

For future grows I would try to find a nice soil like Fox farms ocean forest or a peat base system like Pro Mix or Sunshine mix #4. Then get a good cannabis specific nutrient. They run the line from very complex to extremely easy. Very expensive to very reasonable.

3 Likes

Take some of the soil out and make a muddy solution. :wink::v::heart:

Your plants are lovely.

1 Like

I am watering with distilled water. For the times that I run out of distilled water, I have open containers of water from my faucet that I have let sit out for 3 days…or so.

The seeds are from HGC I started out watering with 3/4 to 1 cup of water every other day or every 3 days. When they were 8 weeks old I started watering 1 1/2 cup of water every other day. I stick my hand way down into the perimeter of the bucket to make sure the dirt isn’t wet. I have only fed twice with a watered down Miracle gro bloom booster and the second feed was a few weeks ago.

The White Widow are in buckets around 3-4 gallon size. I have them in a tent with 3 Strawberry Cough (in 7 gallon buckets) on a 16/8 light schedule. Interesting side note, 2 of my S.C. Are doing well, the third one has curling brown leaves.

I think some of my problem may have been with the tent getting to 82 degrees for a while. I have since purchased another fan and keep the temperature pretty close to 72-80

I started out with a “good” soil (Kellogg) but there were so many damn little flies that came out of that soil I transplanted all my plants when they were around 3 weeks old (maybe why they are taking a little longer to mature?) into the Miracle Gro. I had put food grade D.E. On the soil to help with the flies as well as hanging fly strips before I transplanted, but they were still a big pain.

I really can’t thank you enough for all the time and information you are sharing with me. This forum is awesome. Thank you again :blue_heart:

Water - as water sits and is exposed to air, Ph changes, same for distilled. Once exposed to air, we start to get ph float. Just check your water going in first. Temps - 82f is NOT a problem. Gnats, spider mites…such a pain and can come from any living soil. Your plants are getting yellow leaves from the bottom heading up. Usually happens as it starts reaching the end. Sometimes it is NOT WORTH the efforts to chase down retain issues as we approach this point. Let them mature

2 Likes

I believe she has cold feet. In Ohio & tent is in basement. Temp running 65 - 71° depending if lights are on. Also rh 40-45%. I’m addressing both these issues before next grow.

I’m feeding her Botanicare nuts & molasses every other watering.

1 Like

For cold feet I put towels / blankets on floor first to create a barrier between pots and floor. My tent is on cement floor and cold penetrates even though I get ambient temps to stay constant between 65-80. I run lights at night for warmth, off in day

1 Like

The plants are in 3 gallon containers, I’m not sure I could get enough soil out to run a test unless I can find a thin tall container…hummmm

1 Like

Three weeks of flowering

12 Likes

What mine aspire to. :pray::star_struck:

3 Likes

?? Kris, you only need a small amount of soil, like 1/2 a testube. ph your h2o, add to testube soil sample, shake, wait hr, shake, rest 5 min - test…best to use ph strips. You can buy soil test kit for $30 (use promo) “DONTGO”.

Is an organic veggy seeds company. I get all my vegetable seeds here, excellent stuff
2 Likes

FB_IMG_1609867851546

10 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :crazy_face: :thinking:

Because this deserves more than a like.

4 Likes

Thank you Mike. I knew that letting the water sit out for over 48 hrs. Helped to get rid of the chlorine and other chemicals but I didn’t have a clue about the Ph! I love your idea of checking the water’s Ph. Also good to know the temp. In the low 80’s is not a problem.

I like your idea of the Ph strips…that’s something I’ll have to look into. My husband has a Ph tester for the yard and this Christmas he bought me one for my plants…mentioning buying a third one might not be understood LMAO.

As you can see from the testers I have, they have long prongs that are supposed to go into the soil. One direction says to take out the top 2” of soil, then make a muddy solution with the dirt under that and put in the prongs to test.

1 Like

I am not a fan of the soil “probes”. The litmus test strips are pretty cheap but if you are going ot be a perpetual grower, invest in the soil kit. It has everything to test soil, ph and nutrients. Tell hubby, Don’t be cheap". Compare to cost of buying at a dispensary…kit is cheap

4 Likes

3 bears og at 29 days both female one is a bit of a runt and has yet 2 stretch up, was forced to prune off 2 sets of fans of bc there to big and internodel space 2 small did not slow it 1 bit, some autos dont mind pruning some are fussy and get an Atitude.

6 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Some ashava valley cheese I’ve lost track of how old it is I think it’s 6 weeks in looking and smelling nice

3 Likes

Looking good! Now I’ll go listen to some Ramones.

4 Likes