Show Your Homegrown!

@Adcrag a carbon filter alone will not no. You need to pull or push air through the filter for it to work.

2 Likes

Ok, then I have to figure how to run that ugh​:neutral_face::neutral_face:

2 Likes

@Adcrag they have carbon/activated charcoal bags you can hang in the closet that help. They’re set up different than an inline carbon filter so if you put a few of those in there they will actually pull smells out of the air and purify the air.

3 Likes

Chopped littlest plant fri, chopped larger plant today last pic, have 3 bears germanateing (bear og × triangle kush) and 1 purple kush, ( hindu kush x purple Afgani) test bud is fire!

4 Likes

Great. I was reading about using air stones in your nutrients water buckets. I try not to mix more than I need, but the girls ate drinking alot.

2 Likes

@Adcrag I built a drying box out of cardboard. I did happen to have some Mylar bubble sheets to line it with but anything, even plastic wrap, will stop it from absorbing the moisture desired for a long slow cure.
I made 2 boxes - and I use one as a seed starter when not drying in it. It is a wardrobe box $17 from Lowes.

It is very good at keeping odor in (until you open the door to peek, check temps, add water, fresh ice bottles (I use 1/2 & 1 gal milk containers frozen)

and a smaller one for when I just hang / lay buds on a rack

I use an artic fan for humidity and add frozen water bottles to keep the temps down

7 Likes

You mentioned open to water, are you using the box for dark period, why are you still watering??

2 Likes

@Adcrag Add water to the humidifier to maintain the constant Rh. Plants are already chopped

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 lol. Thanks for not making me feel dumb.

Anyway she’s in the dark bedroom closet. Chopping this afternoon or Tuesday. I’ll keep ya up to date.

2 Likes

Believe me, I am excited! You went through much and came out very well. I am excited for you. I know its gonna be killa. Take your time drying and curing, it is IMPORTANT. Dry them sloooow and keep them kooool. I good dry takes like 2 weeks and then into jars for burping. Some people trim wet and some trim dry. I like to trim wet becasue it takes away much of that nasty chlorophyll taste and keeps mold from forming under the leaves. Then I Leave the small sugar leaves and trim them later to use for my extracts

5 Likes

Hey Mike @Mrb53004 question about drying. Got WW in 36-48 darkness, trimmed bigger leaves. In closet with 5" fan blowing away from her, 67° / RH 64%. Planning to cut entire plant & hang.

Someone gave me ideas to bring up temp in basement grow tent. Tried heated humidifier with lights off (temp 89°_RH 75%). Thought that’s too much. Trying heating pad. Wasn’t sure where to put it. Put pad under 5 gal pot. Again only with lights off.

Thank you Mike & anybody with knowledge.

3 Likes

If your drying area is 67F and 64RH, THAT IS PERFECT TO DRY. We do not want to dry with high heat and humidity. We want it cold and humidity 50-60 is good.
Gee, they really really filled out. And to think, you wanted to chop weeks ago. All this glorious growth! Superb!
As far as keeping the tent at 75F, I am trying heat lamps from amazon - 2 150w that will attach to poles in my tent. Black ceramic, No light, just heat.

Then I ordered controller

it will turn bulbs on/off at set temperature
You could add more lights for more heat
Oh, light holder
3 Likes

Like the ceramic heat lamp & the pad is good too.

Great ideas. Thanks.

2 Likes

Well, now I have a project. Think this would be a good set up for a closet that is 2.5 x 4.5 ft?

1 Like

Mike @Mrb53004 what size area you warming? I’m 3c3x80.

1 Like

@Adcrag Looks Tasty bet it gets you Toasty :laughing:

1 Like

@kmac03 i have 6 of these brood plant hide outs . most are 7 years old. one is 12 :sunglasses: better wear shades

Wife just said, “silly, hope your dirty clothes don’t show” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

My tent is 6.5’ high, 8 feet long and 4 ft wide. I am going to use a 250w heatlamp and a 150w heatlamp. I will connect both to the thermostat controller at 75 degrees. I probably will only run at night because the lights keep me at 70 degrees during the day. Since the day is warmer than the nights, here in the desert, I am goin to switch and run my lights at night and during the day, the heat lamps should be fine. I figure it will cost me less electric this way. Electricity is cheaper here at night and I need the lights so might as well use their heat.
Once I get my new light (Christmas I hope), its 8 bars 640w and I will run auto only for now so it should be plenty of heat. I can then use my homemade box for a photo if I want or to start them so by Feb I am up and running. My wardrobe box can fit 4 of the 3gal cloth bags and I have 5’ of height in it. Not bad for $17 bucks. Gee,I could get another!
Make sure when / if you buy a heat bulb, you buy the appropriate holder. 150w requires the 10".

3 Likes

I’m doing the closet thing for drying purposes. The attic space I have used is open to the elements and it’s snowing right now. I’m pretty sure a family of squirrels is hanging out somewhere in there as my cat and one of my dogs keep going to crack of the door and doing the deep sniff.

3 Likes

Attic would be perfect temp for drying. Ain’t no nuts so squirrels should leave it alone unless the are gonna party in the nest :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes