Shelf life for seeds

If I store my seeds properly, what is their shelf life?

2 Likes

I’ve heard of people stumbling across old seeds they had for decades and getting them to grow.

5 Likes

I have grown plants from seeds that were 2-3 years old,stored in the vegetable ‘crisper’ drawer of my refrigerator…how/where you store them is more important than age,in my personal opinion.Good luck!

4 Likes

Stored properly they will last for a few years. As @Booger said. The refrigerator is the best. Have a small one for all my seeds.

4 Likes

That would be cool! Get a taste of some old school stuff

4 Likes

I germinated a 6 year old seed this last week. Taproots coming out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

HGCC

just harvested from this seed pack GG #4 Fem… Heavy Buds, Smells like Heaven… haven’t lost a single plants or had a single issue

6 Likes

GOG is gelato OG…

3 Likes

1 Like

03-05-04 is NOT a date stamp…:>)

2 Likes

if stored properly ive known of people popping seeds 10+ years old. If stored not in cool dark etc, a few years from what ive seen but as others have stated there are different factors to figure in.

2 Likes

it’s a culture propagation date of when those seeds began to be produced on Limbs

2 Likes

Looks like a storage location to me…:>)

2 Likes

call HGCC and ask them for me

1 Like

As soon as my parents buy me my first phone I will get right on that…:>)

2 Likes

LoL boogs :shushing_face: get after it

1 Like

The US Department of Agriculture has seeds that they kept in storage since before it became illegal. I wonder if they still germinate and how do they store theirs would be the perfect answer.

2 Likes

You can have very very old seeds and as long as they are hydrated and sprouted in the right way they will sprout. You can actually buy kits that are specifically for getting older seeds to sprout

3 Likes

If they’re stored properly, I believe 5-10 yrs, anything after that and it’s a crap shoot :+1::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

That’s really cool, I learned something new today :raised_hands: thank you Bradley :ok_hand:

3 Likes