Shelf life for seeds

i soaked 2 antique columbian seeds in Superthrive (female plants hormones) for 18 hours then planted them straight in the soil just to see if they might be good. today one of them popped. few days i’ll show a pic

2 Likes

@bbbbgggg4444 @Philly111 and my wife said those columbo seeds cant be any good. WooHoo! came up in 3 days

3 Likes

@Philly111 i bet the other one pops tonite :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope it does man, that’s Awesomeness :100:

2 Likes

Humidity killing me … also how do I add photos

2 Likes

No where as green as my baby’s… lol

2 Likes

@Leonfmccray welcome. You add photos by using the drive symbol with the up arrow on the bottom right then selecting camera or choosing a file.

2 Likes

:pray:t3: I’m struggling Lol 71-90 humidity in flower hoping for insight

2 Likes

Baby’s stopped flowering they Autos weeks 4!! :flushed:

2 Likes

@Leonfmccray an easy organic way to decrease humidity in a grow room with little money is to get two five gallon buckets one with a lid, a big bag of rock salt, and some cheese cloth.

Cut or drill a bunch of holes in the lid of one bucket. In the other bucket drill or cut holes in the bottom. Line the bucket with holes in the bottom with cheese cloth then poor the salt into it. Place the salt bucket on top of the lidded bucket.

Salt is a desiccant and will pull moisture out of the air. The cheese cloth keeps the salt from falling through the holes and lets the water drain into the bottom bucket. Check on and drain the bottom bucket every day and replace the salt when needed as it will deteriorate over time.

6 Likes

@Leonfmccray get a dehumidifier :+1::ok_hand::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love the shit talking going on

1 Like

Thanks everyone for guidance I finally got humidity down to 66 still working on it

3 Likes

Thats great.
Found one from 80s nice old purple series. From Anza California. Not so lucky but it was just in a film container and in a dresser drawer. I had kept as a reminder of the good old days.
Just rotted

2 Likes

@Daleb1 oh darn! That’s always a bummer but cool find though :wink:

1 Like

I had a Planters Peanuts steel can full of seeds (with rubber lid) from 1970-71. They were a Mix - a hodgepodge of excess seeds which I screened out from some very Seedy $10 Lids lol. Forgot I had them, was housecleaning and rediscovered them in 1988. I tried sprouting a few of them and most of them (more than 50%) germinated, but at that stage of my life I was unprepared for a Grow and discarded the little seedlings. Then, Life Happened. Marriage, kids, career, divorce, retirement, serious illness, etc.

Fast-Forward - 31 years later, I tried them it was 2019 and none germinated.

So I guess: As long as 15-20 years, with no special efforts to ensure Quality long-term storage (without even trying). But I hope that, if you’ve got some good Genetics, that they would make their way to some good soil within 2 to 3 years. Don’t do what I did lol.

1 Like

Yeah those regrets of not keeping that prime bud alive. Just every two years is all it takes .

2 Likes

We need to blame Eric Clapton. He led us to believe they last forever. He promised to “Stay with you till your seeds are dry” and that was supposed to mean forever.
USDA and underground storage facilities has saved seeds for decades. Ancient seeds have been found and still sprout. One never knows, does one

3 Likes