Second crop - growing indoors with MixASoil

Truth, I’m in a recent legalization state. Over the years I watched cautiously as friends grew outside or in poorly converted coal bins in old basements. I’ve smoked weak af homegrown grown under inadequate lights or harvested too soon.

Against that frame of reference I bought too many seeds and a nice spider farmer 27x27x60 tent.

First try? Three five gallon bags and three scraggly plants that produced weak, airy buds that were a tease and not a product.

Second try, two pots, two plants, much better, though nutes needed and better light management.

Third try, one plant in five gallons and more diligent light control. Added liquid nutes.

The last crop got sunburned due to a stretch and inadequate overhead room.

This time I reconfigured my filter right against the side corner, and relocated the inline blower outside the tent. With more headroom for the light, I can regulate the height better. But I’m really counting on a bit of LST. I tied the plant down enough that the start of a cola on the main stem is lower in height than the next few bud sites. I really think the plant reads the fluid pressure, and the highest cola site or sites gets the most hormone rich growth accelerant. Reducing the elevation of the top so iits not the top sets off the change.

At this point, approaching forty days, the ONE plant in one big five gallon cloth pot in a 27x27 tent under the SF1000 light is apparently happy. Ultimately the question will of course be whether my grow set up produces more product with one plant or two with the latest system. Once light is again the limiting factor, given the parameters of tent size and soil preference rather than soup. I’m enjoying it.

3 Likes

Plant looks good is it a auto or photo

1 Like

I mentioned before that I had one Bruce Reg in my tent that I added after losing an Auto seedling. 50/50 chance of a female.
Did I just crap out?

1 Like

Today is water day. I am doing a 3 day cycle of Drench To Draught that I saw online. No neuts. since I’m in MixASoil. Just DI water. 5oz in 2 gal bag.
This image is before the water. Does that look over watered to anyone? This is after a three day draught. RH ~45 with Temp ~ 22c

Those droopy leaves are what my outdoor girls used to look like after a heavy rain.

I have to admit, they are also in those little jiffy pods (I hate them and never again). I poked in with my finger and they were still moist. I actually poked in with a straightened out paper clip and tried to break the pod up.

Ideas?

1 Like

Still little early to tell for me good structure

3 Likes

Look like it needs water

3 Likes

I believe you nailed it. I have them 5oz and two hours past sunrise they perked right up. Actually they looked like they picked up an inch.

2 Likes

Yes i like them on a schedule during veg they love to drink and grow grow grow

1 Like