Next grow - Autos and Photos

So you are growing auto fem? You wait for Sex as a indication of time to flip? Or are you actually checking for females? :yin_yang:

Yes, sometimes they’ll sex a little before 6 weeks. It is just an indicator the plant is mature enough to be flipped to flower. Flipping prior is fine if you want a smaller plant but you do increase the risk of Hermes.

I believe if you Flip early, the plant will wait until its sexually mature to be able to switch! A few times out side the plant Veg but for outside conditions it flowers due to light: they didn’t herme due to switching at there earliest time line

1 Like

Yes, you’re right they will sex prior to going into bloom from a light flip….they would have to :slight_smile: …Specifically indoor going 18 to 12 prior to sexing can confuse a young plant sexually and increase the risk of a herme. I think anywhere in the 5-7 week range for flipping lights is perfect depending on tent size and height. But I’ve flipped plenty around 30 and they’ve done great.

I think outdoor, due to a gradual light decrease that is easier for a young plant to adjust to in transition.

It’s been a while since I looked into this but Jeremy has talked about over the seasons on the BAS channel which is why I started looking at it.

1 Like

The stretch is on… About 6 inches in a couple days. New growth and foliage are doing great. People that underestimate the earth box. I’ve cut these back several times before flip plus they were chewed up as seedlings by the dog. Honesty, I am hard pressed to find a deficient leaf in my tent.

Definitely loving the lights this round with the addition of the SpectraMax1000. After several rounds I finally have the light settings each hour dialed in exactly how I want them. The size of the indica at 60 days from seed, the stretch on the branching, and the overall color, health and smell of the stems. These are some impressive lights that you can hang high and they’ll push all the way down to the bottom.

The Photos are definitely loving having the preference of the 550s to flower under. Although the couple autos and seedlings under the SM1000 are crushing it. I will post separately on the new seedlings soon as they are looking lush already.

1 Like

Your definitely dialed in! Looking Good: i pretty much let mine do their own thing this round as these are my first Auto’s i was able to get pass germ! :yin_yang::sunny::palm_tree:

1 Like

Yeah that’s the best way. You’ll notice all my grows I let the plants do their thing. I do some leaf tucking and massage the stems out but that’s about it.

On the photos a good clipping prior to flip, one about the beginning of week 4 and then just let them go. I try not to trellis unless I absolutely have to.

Morning of day 17… still a little sleepy eyed from just waking up.

The stretch on the stems and branching has been pretty much perfect up to this point… Spacing of the nodes. Over all structure of this new strain is super consistent (but it is the best of all the MC’s of the past)

Im guessing will get about another week of final stretching out as she transitions into stack.

I think I will stretch the 3 photos out over the entire 4x8 space in a couple weeks when the autos are done… Definitely shaping up and looking like they gonna do 5-600g easy out of two EBs.

She’s pretty much in her own 4x4 space in the back and finally chopped the grandpas stash as she served her purpose but was getting engulfed.

the box with two will take the other back 4x4 space… Hopefully the auto in the middle won’t be too much longer to free up space… You can see on the middle of the auto where I had a couple accidents with some clingers (stems clinging to the main and I tried to spread them and broke em.)

1 Like

Looking top notch! With 2 in the EB how do you look down the pipe? Definitely looking Healthy in there so your loading her with plenty of power!

1 Like

Lol it’s not easy looking down the water pipe but I manage.

If the photo/auto run goes well I may just do the Fanta Sea RBX photos next and bust into the tropical thunder multipack for the autos as I really want to run the Bello y Dulce and Deliziosa. But the photos I will do 1 per box.

And yes, plenty of power. The last top dress I did my wife was even “you going to put all that in?”. Yep, I sure did… Barely even a hint of hot tips on a few leaves the next week. And Im going to do it again in two weeks. The worms and the microbes in that box are obviously crushing as the soil looks perfect as you dig dow the side a bit. The ammendments have been completely broken down.

Week 5 definitely gonna be the last one and I don’t think ill use any water soluble 2-10-5 this round as im pretty sure they won’t need it.

1 Like

Wow! I went kinda light as this is my first time full organic and first time using the EB’s i am mixing some Soil with my own Castings also a first: gave the Worms both dry organic amendments and fruit (papaya, water melon & melons) can’t wait to begin using it: live worms not excluded. :yin_yang::sunny::palm_tree:

1 Like

The feeder roots go crazy in the EB because of the way it’s watered. The amount of growth you get in an earthbox compared to a 3gal pot needs to be accounted for… I’ve been steadily testing the laws of organic living soil grows. And it is 100% better to stay ahead and keep the box completely loaded with a full spectrum of nutrient. Once that healthy environment is created in the soil they are only going to uptake what they want/need. Since they have access to fresh water on the bottom whenever they want you are not forcing the nutrient into them by top water. It’s been proven out on BAS and I’ve been doing for many cycles now…just been increasing the level as I’m confident they can handle it now.

After I put the cover on I never top water the box again… not even after top dress as the moistness of the soil is already perfect and the moisture will leach into it.

1 Like

Your a wealth of info, increasing the Top Dress next Run. Of course that will be amended Soil vs this time being from scratch. I was hitting it with Rootex and aminos after top dress: :yin_yang: What your saying Sounds right it doesn’t need additional top watering once covered :nerd_face: your out there in the direction i am heading:

1 Like

I decided to move the Photo in the box by itself into its own 4x4 and gave the other box away so I can turn my main tent back into an Auto tent and increase the light hours.

By herself now… I was really torn on whether to run photos this cycle… And honestly the 3 photos is way more meds than I need with my auto grows. So moving this one to the 4x4 and offering up the other one just make more sense for me. And there are so many more strains I want to pop may 1st as well. So mitigating the tent space starts with getting the photo out into its own tent.

Really want to focus on my autos and give them maximum lighting

Pineapple runts at day 58 from bean drop

PR 58 days - I think this is the best structured and she really evenly distributed her mass all the way down to the lowers. And she is a bit more gassy as the other two are more fruity.

Straw OG Cookies Day 58 - she’s a squat one but the gassiest plant in the tent.

Straw OG Cookies Day 58 - The squat sister but she’s all sweet strawberries.

And finally the Haze IBL at day 40.

Ill be dropping beans in the morning and take the best 4/6 for the two available earth boxes I have.

1 Like

Nice, we have a limit of 8 plants here! Next round i will be using 4 EB’s! To maximize my count i would need 2 per box! So i am considering doubling up but i really could split between out side and in to reach the 8 count :yin_yang: Can’t wait for the Chop of the 1 furthest along: :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

Yes! Can’t wait for my furthest along. Where we live it 3 in veg 3 in flower per person. Really they should change the laws for auto flowers as the yields are so much smaller.

1 Like

But those auto’s cost the same can’t be kept as clones and they do there thing and punish you if you make a mistake! But school is still in session as i haven’t harvest a auto yet! Right now my weakest link is storage temp! Working on a solution to reg temps reaching 90’s to 100* regularly! Its summer here year around :sunny::palm_tree:

Honestly @Chasworks as long as you get the seedling going strong you’re good to go in the EB. Once they start drinking from the bottom its pretty much a done deal.

The AUTOS 60 days from seed - Starting to head to finishing

Pineapple Runtz - 60 days from seed - big dense buds all over her.

Close up nugs - starting to pack on the resin and terps and she is a stinker.

She’s trying to wrap it up before the other two… Not the biggest nugs on her but she does have density. Definitely the sweetest smelling and will be a super easy trim.

Some inner-lower on her.

Definitely my fave of the PRs. The gas on this one is unique on top of the starburst fruit. It is some amazing temp and the nugs all the way through her are consistent fat dense nugs.

Down low on my fave… Im pushing about 700 par to the bottom and about 1300 to the top of the canopy at the peak of the day.

Next up - Pinot Noir and Wedding Cake at 15 days from seed. A little unhappy from the leaf tucks but they’re looking fantastic… SUPER excited about the next run.

Strawberry OG Cookies 60 days from seed - She transitioning to ripening nicely. So much strawbs but the gas is finally starting to come in.

The other Strawberry OG Cookies day 60 from seed. Just a gassy one. Not much strawberry to her yet.

Now that the photos are moved everything is tidy again. Just a couple more weeks and on to the next.

1 Like

Looking good! Looks like :fire:

1 Like

Photos on to week 4…I think day 24 of flower.

Pretty much done stretching except for the elongating of the tops. Lights are pretty much all the way so I think im good except for one stem.

She has some decently long legs for a indica dominant plant so the tops were able to spread out a bit without trellising with some bending in the pliable spots.

Considering the environment change, she finished stretching pretty nice as well. Very consistent stems with good spacing between the nodes. Honestly, I was just hoping not to herme her with the environment change… still watching close but I think im outta the danger zone as she is praying and sucking down the water… So seems healthy enough.

Just one whoops on one stem so I am ahead of the game :slight_smile:

Since you have the haze’s going @Chasworks … I leave you with a picture of my young haze… ethos haze ibl auto at 48 days from bean drop.

1 Like

Hazes? American Kush & Anesthesia i need to check parents. But yes she is leggy but thats all good thin with Fat Buds should be the out come: all looks great! 3 of the plants didn’t need it but the 1 would be a lot less trim work if i had thinned her out! Next time around i will know what to expect. I have 5 more of the same seeds! Thanks for keeping me in the Loop. Definitely taken notes! :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check::100:

1 Like