Okay here goes the combined auto/photo run. The first set of 6 auto flowers were planted 5 days after three photo periods. then I just sprouted three more autos to flower with the photos at 12 hrs.
It has been an eventful start as the my dog ate up two of the photos pretty good the day I was switching tent set-ups. And I overwatered the autos to start so they were stunted a couple days. One died and I later filled its spot with an ethos haze auto.
For this run, I am only running ethos genetics. For the first six autos I have 3 Pineapple Runtz, 2 Strawberry OG Cookies, and the Ethos Haze auto. For the Autos that will be flowering with the photos - Pineapple Runtz auto, Planet of the Grapes auto, and Grandpas Stash
For the Photos - Three Mandarin Cookies (version 3).
Currently everything is growing with some veggies that will be moved over to another tent before going outside.
Currently it is not organized how I want it until later when I get the veggies out.
Mandarin Cookies at 40 days from bean drop. The two together were bigger till they were eaten by the pooch. They made a good recovery but I couldn’t top the satellite stems until about 10 days after the other one.
In the empty spot, I dropped the Grandpas stash as I did not want a big plant in the same pot as the Mandarin Cookies. When the first set of autos are about done I will reduce the cycle to 12hrs.
The first set of autos in the back are at 35 days from seed and are in the middle of stretch.
Im running filtered air into the 8x8x8 from two sides and exhausting out of the top. I currently have a hodgepodge of lights of which some will be upgraded. I am so happy with the cali light works from my last grow I may put a few more of them in there so I can run my programs that have taken some pain staking hours to dial in. But I have 20 settings in each program so my light intensity and spectrum is changing every 1 hour to 1.5 hours. Im not going to get into the exact settings but the morning start out with a very high red but overall intensity is down to mimic sunrise. That graduates into a hot intense day as the blue and white reach their maximum intensity. Then it goes back down to the red sunset over the last couple hours. The banana daddys and forgotten cookies I grew last round was literally some of the best looking weed ive ever seen.
I went to next level when I went to earth boxes… But when you get the lighting dialed then I saw what I was missing.
In terms of the boxes… These are old boxes. I pulled the rootballs and reammended the soil and added a few more worms and castings. The ammendments: (All BAS) Crustacean meal, Gnarly Barley, Craft Blend, Kashi, Big 6 Micros, Gaia Rock Dust (That’s what I have), fish bone meal, Alfalfa meal, insect frass, Karanja/neem blend, horticultural aloe, root wise couple and Colorado worm company casting. ---- At Flower, I top dress with craft blend, kashi, worm castings, and top dress blend to bury it. Im sure I throw a few other things in there but that’s the basics.
After that’s done, dump some water in every time the bottoms dry (1/2 gal to 1gal). Your plants will always be perfectly watered and not the constant overwatered/underwatered from top watering. Let your roots find their fresh water source and the feeders will go crazy in the rest of the box.
edit: Also worth noting… My cali light works have never been closer than 30inches to my plants. Same way I ran them last round until the end they may have gotten as close as 26"
Anyways I will update when I get ready to flip the mandarin cookies.