New to growing and could use some pointers

1 Like

just an opinion…I know auto can handle 24/0 light but I have had better development (taste, terp and trike production) with 4 hrs rest
Not sure Oct 1 will be harvest time…you may wind up going at least till mid / late Oct unless a real cold spell sets in. Temps would have to go below 45°f to facilitate an early chop

2 Likes

Seven weeks in with my lemon haze auto. Flowering started a couple weeks ago. Dialed back the lighting from 24/0 to 20/4 and watering 3x per week with calmag once per week and kelp on alternating weeks. I need to practice patience!

2 Likes

Update on the Haze autos — Day 68 for both and the buds are stacking nicely. I’m thinking a few more weeks, WSY?

3 Likes

Also started up a couple XL Kush autos. Germinated on 9/11 and sprouted on 9/14. Mix of OF and HF on the top half and Strawberry Fields on the bottom half. Only using kelp and blackstrap Mo’ for the entire lifecycle.

3 Likes

BTW — Mike was totally correct on the Haze timeline — I was getting way too excited — still am — looking forward to my first harvest in over 35 yrs. Active duty USAF during that time and waited until VA became legal.

4 Likes

Thank you for your service. My family and I appreciate it.

1 Like

@Cato
this is what flowers look like around week 7 or 8

so you are close. Funny how it ties in with October harvest and the moon cycle. Oct 21 is full moon and will be prime harvest time for many growers in and out
This is when I start dropping the temps, lowering the Rh, ice feeding at night and increasing dark time till it reaches 16 hours. If you got IR / UV bulbs, time to get them on for an hour or 2 a day
here is week 8

I also drop the ph a little here and get the tds up near 12-1300 (use bloom nutes at recommended rate to attain this level). Then prepare for the flush, reduction of nutes, bill chill and TIMBER

4 Likes

Just returned from 10 days of vacation in the TX gulf coast (Port Aransas).

The Haze auto girls are at wk #12 — also started up a couple Kush XL autos. Buds for both Haze autos are looking good and I’m thinking about a wk or so out from harvest. Need some input @Mrb53004 and @Jram_13 and @CurrDogg420 — this is my first grow since the ‘80s, and Autos didn’t exist back

then.

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

“Keep up the good work”. :+1:

Nice grow man. :ok_hand:

"Cato”

I would say that top bud looks ready, but all the lowers could use another 5 to 7 days. Since you’re indoors why not wait? If you like to turn off the couch lock click that top now, and clip the rest next week. Otherwise just let it all ripen. Then that top a touch over ripe will be your Sleepy time meds. It all smokes different in our bodies, but that’s the way it works generally. Sorry for that slight change in topic.

3 Likes

Appreciate it @Noddykitty — in looking at the buds closely, there’s a mixed message in that I still have white pistils, but some of the tric’s are obviously amber.

Wasn’t sure if harvest should happen now or wait a bit more. Clipping top buds now seems a good compromise, per your suggestion.

1 Like

I give the thumbs up for flush and starve/light change. Looking excellent, my friend!

1 Like

as long as there are nutes or you continue to feed, they will continue to produce new white pistils…this is often where people make a mistake and let them get overdone…thus, less thc
As recommended, clip the ready buds…The plants do NOT mature all at the same rate and we are not wheat farmers who spray roundup so the harvest all comes in at one time

3 Likes

I agree with you mike i like them cloudy as soon as I see amber i cut them unless it’s for pain and sleep

1 Like

Winter is coming on, if you can’t wait till spring you will have to grow indoors.

1 Like