My 2nd grow ever

I’ve been using the vegamatrix so I’m sure its not lacking any nutrients. I stopped using vegamatrix grow and nitrogen.

About 2 months old now

3 Likes

Are these pollen sacs on my Bruce Banner fast version?

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s an affirmative. Now whatchoo going to do? Pull them off or cull the plant?

1 Like

I’m definitely gonna have to cut or pull them off. Don’t want to pollinate the rest of the plants. Thinking I might just throw the whole plant away.

1 Like

Have you pulled them off before? I have not, but I would think by looking at them that it doesn’t look like they are ready to burst. Are you feeling adventurous? Are those the only places you see them?

1 Like

I thought so but its too many to be do a precise pull. And no I’ve never done it b4. I too scared to try, lol.

1 Like

I have faith that you can do it. You will always tell yourself you are too scared too. What do they look like underneath? I mean, I’m sounding like a jerk in pushing you, you go with what you feel comfortable with, but I’m here to support you if you choose otherwise. Do you have tweezers and a ziploc? :rofl:

PS: If you try it and it doesn’t work out, then you know to never listen to me.

2 Likes

I definitely appreciate the support and encouragement. Im quite sure, one I’m going to have to try but this is only my 2nd grow and I want to see it thru.

1 Like

I understand. So you will cull the plant?

I think I’m gonna give the whole plant to a friend of mine who grows too. He’s also into cloning. I want to get into cross breeding but not until I have a fully successful grow.

1 Like

If this is a budding male, it is pretty late in the game for this development. It CAN happen any time but is usually related to an event, like stress. Did something happen with the last week? If they are male sacs, yes they will pollinate the rest of the females. But if it is, Bruce is a prized plant for breeding. If possible,separate from tent, watch carefully and see if a sac opens or if pistils emerge from the sacs. If they are male, you can store the pollen (capture and add to flour and place in freezer in baggie). I would KEEP a BRUCE FAST…Great strain, great pollinator

2 Likes

I think I hermed one once from high heat. Does that sound true?

It does. I have grown GG4 and get hermies and nanners in buds up near the lights. I was really pushing and had MONSTER lights. Heat, excess light, can and does induce enough stress for this condition to occur

1 Like

I mad a mistake and bent a major branch pretty badly, which resulted in hst. I had no choice but to break it off this morning. I just notice the sacs a couple hours ago.

A break / cut this am would not result in a hermie this afternoon. If you break a branch hard, remember, you can stint it, like a broken arm / leg. Wrap a bandage around chop stick, Popsicle sticks, even straws. There are some of us who GLUE them, I have. You have much bud there, I would cull if I were you. Only you know your environment…how much fan action you got going on, if you can afford to pollinate the ENVIRONMENT. Don not forget, if it is male sacs, you will need to clean your tent out too if the bud/open

1 Like

The initial bend happened about a week ago. I normally glue it but I forgot it was bent and it broke off this morning.

I’m with you @moab1179, I’d pull it. One plant loss is better than losing entire grow.

Keep us posted

1 Like

Lol, yes its already sitting by the trash can. A necessary sacrifice, unfortunately.

2 Likes