Mirrors for reflection

Hello,in a small closet type tent,if you place a large mirror on the floor,is it possible to get better potency from the bottom buds? Hope I worded that correctly. Thanks much.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t know, but it sounds logical. Curious to find out what some of the forum experts think.

1 Like

Of course it will help the reflection but never compared to a direct light , is just a plus , just my opinion.

1 Like

Yes i have mylar on my floors and it does help

3 Likes

I wouldn’t see why it wouldn’t. I’d definitely not enter without eye protection. On hindsight, would there not be a danger of fire? I’m thinking magnifying glass and sunlight here.

2 Likes

An actual study was done to determine the effectiveness of light reflected upwards. The end conclusion was the WHITE reflectors provide more photons than and mylar, mirror or similar material. It also concluded that the addition of photons to the popcorn / nugs was not as effective in increasing yield as trimming all but the top 3 nodes and making a canopy of them. In a sense - lolipopping. Nowadays “SIDE” lighting is starting to become a new fad but same thing. You cannot overcome root to fruit, genetics and concentration of hormones / growth at the tops. Merely marketing ploys to increase profits. What is required is tendering your plants. If you go with side lighting, bottom reflection / even bottom lighting (we used to lay down t5’s facing upwards), it is good for those who want to plant and forget…less work but can be more cost (power for side lighting, additional cooling, Rh control for changing the environment, etc). All in all, just concentrate on your canopies unless you are a commercial grower, hydro, and a staff on payroll to maintain / tender the garden

9 Likes

Root to fruit. So much fun to say. :v:

5 Likes

Yes!!! It works well and reflects light to the lower flowers. I have an area built with Mylar for the floor and all surround “walls”. It makes the perfect grow area with light everywhere.

3 Likes

How is the mylar fixed to the floor?

1 Like

@kmac03 with thumbtacks every 3’ .

2 Likes

Are they solid squares or is it the film
(Fill-um… Ignore; nostalgia couldn’t resist)?

3 Likes

It’s the film. I got a roll of it and did the whole area. Still have enough left to do a couple more “rooms”.

4 Likes

Thanks. I had never considered it.

Good point, there is overhead grow lights with 3 gallon grow bags,only 2 plants.Very conscious of fire.

1 Like

I was just wondering about lights. I have a budget of $300, unfortunately. Or fortunately, I guess I should say. I need to grow flowers, too so it’s got my mind all flip flopped.

Also, sorry, Y’all. I forgot my manners on thread.

2 Likes

Thank you,so in essence what you are saying is concentrate on the top buds? There Mylar on three walls to the floor but not on door.

THANK YOU, I have an extra mirror and just wondering.

1 Like

Now you have me pondering mirrors. Like a video puzzle game. I have some.

I swear I’m way out in space half the time. I mean, derp, the title of the thread should have been my first clue, don’t you think? Can you believe it’s because I don’t have proper smoke?

1 Like

Tendering…I am an ex-stripper….should I put on a show for them occasionally?

7 Likes

I would be careful about how close the reflector is to the lower plant as it could burn, where i dont think white will not cause any burn.

1 Like