Michorazai only once?

How often should Michorazai be used during the growing cycles? I only used it once before transplanting from cup to 5 gallon pot.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, but I have no clue what that stuff is. I am about to finish up my first grow, my grow went well. Perhaps someone else will enlighten us both. :+1:

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey @bronxgold check your spelling no such thing Michorazai according to Google

2 Likes

OK. Correct spelling is (Pure) Mycorrhizal (Inoculant).

3 Likes

found it…but don’t know anyone who has used it

1 Like

Interesting. I have seen it in a couple of videos.

1 Like

I did a search and here is a thread

gotta get that short term memory problem fixed … ahaahahahahaha

1 Like

@bronxgold only at transplant or to inoculate a new substrate.

Using it as a regular feeding amendment is over kill.

4 Likes

Thank you. It was a while ago that I saw the videos, and I was wondering if it was used for just one stage.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean technically no one really knows what the proper usage of that would be because in nature the mycorrhizal population doesn’t compete with fertilizers or “cycle” just because you want 1 plant. I definitely recommend during transplants and maybe one watering before flower wouldn’t hurt IMHO. The real question is how long do they stay established/living to do the work. If they die off in days then…I can say that I’m my experience they definitely improve percieved quality but they are not all created equal. Current research is being done to determine which combination/individual fungi produce the greatest benefits and Im sure once they know well be buying it by the gallons.

3 Likes

@BlackSheep both endo and ecto mychorrizae can live up to two years with the absence of roots in soil. In the presence of roots they can live and breed indefinitely as long as the root system is alive.

With that said a little bit goes a long way and using a lot of it is honestly wasteful. Mychorrizal fungi are prolific breeders and just 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of soil at transplant will colonize the entire root system.

Even if you don’t sprinkle it directly on the roots it will survive until the roots reach it or until it reaches the roots. For maximum benefit though I prefer to inoculate the soil prior to transplant and sprinkle about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon on the root ball. I get the best results this way. My root balls end up looking like a spider webbed up the entire root system.

6 Likes

yes indeed. this stuff is EXPENSIVE.
Just make “Tea” instead. lol

3 Likes

Endo mycorrhizae is the only mycorrhizae the cannabis plant uses, ecto serves no purpose to cannabis, other plants yes.

2 Likes

Honestly that’s my whole take on it. If I blend up organic things and brew sugar water hot chocolate to support aerobic microorganisms and whatever else I will eventually find something that works spectacularly. Sage knowledge. To me equally so if I skip that process because I’m lazy or it grosses me out/stinks/bubble noises and find a “sustainable” product :lying_face: that works based on the same science. Knowledge is POWER!!

2 Likes

The Future Cannabis Project just released a in depth discussion on the complexities aforementioned and the importance of soil biology.
Understanding Biological Compost Nutrient Cycling
YouTube

3 Likes

@CkNugz ecto serves it’s purpose by helping to establish bacterial colonies etc… but you are right. Endo is best for cannabis since it’s a vascular plant.

Let us not forget our friend ectoendomychorrizae either. Those fellas have some super extreme adaptable hyphae. Lol

3 Likes

I suggest Having it in your soil mixture before you plant or transplant the girl. I am a newby, but Pro-Mix Red is a pretty good blend to use that’s affordable and available at Wally World.

1 Like

Mycorrhizae boost can be particularly helpful at the start of the off-season in breaking down yard waste debris. Especially this time of year if you pack in the leaves with yard waste or other natural compost into your raised beds.

I find when I put in wheelbarrow loads of leaves, shrub/tree shredding, and grass clippings as a top dress or fill material mycoboost rapidly breaks it down. I use one of my raised beds as a control and add no mycorrhizae, and my other identical footprint raised bed is the experiment. I dose it heavy handedly with a mycoboost. The garden with a mycoboost breaks down the leaves and other compost in half the time. I’ve done as experiment reversed and switched raise beds the next winter. And found the same results. So if you add a lot of compost in the off-season, especially leaves, mycorrhizae can help them break down rather quick become released into the soil. It may help depending how long or short your fallow season is.

The worms seem to favor the mycoboost debris too. If I count worms per shovel full the mycoboost bed has 3-4 times the population worms consistently.

I guess what I am thinking is that it is also beneficial to dose in the off season while the mix is cooking. Rather than during the grow season. I usually only dose once at the first transplant during spring sowing. Then I just let the dominant microbe take over. My understanding (reading, I can’t do these test) is the microbes transition dominance with conditions. Like drought vs flooding. And then bam, 12 hours the microbes transition from dry dominant to wet dominant. Also the plant can signal specific microbial mixes that favor nutrients like phosphorus vs nitrogen depending on what they want. I’ll, stop. Sorry to go off track.

Outdoor raised bed “mix” makes excellent indoor mix too. I keep all potted citrus and bananas in my raised bed mix too. They are inside all winter. And any potted cannabis that is in a prove it pot for the grow season. I feed the raised bed compost, char (spent carbon air scrubbers make great char), table scraps, ash, fruit pulp from the crab apples, whatever. Late it age all winter. Then fill your pots and set them aside right before you plant the raised beds. I find this to be efficient and a great hybrid living soil for use in pots.

2 Likes

I would recommend you have it in your soil blend or medium blend for the duration of the life of the ladies.

1 Like