Mykos mycorrhizal powder instructions

Hello I just germinated and planted seeds but was given this to add but don’t know how to use it I’ve never used it had experience with this wettable powder anyone know how to use it at what stage and how many times ??? It’s in a dwc bucket

1 Like

You probably want to use the powder form, not granules. You will also want to filter the mykos in your reservoir as not to mess up and clog your system. Making a sort of tea bag or holed-container system would probably work. Good luck and happy growing!
The earlier the better to add to your regiment.

1 Like

Yes I have the powder form it’s says 1tbs per 1Gallon the seeds just sprouted and I planted them today in small hydroponic seed starter so I was unsure at what point to add the powder or how early because they have not yet sprouted roots enough or if it’s better to add and let the sponge absorb with the mykos …… also do I add only 1 time or every reservoir change ?? Please and thank you for the deed back

1 Like

I am def out of my element, only growing in dirt, I feel handicapped giving you further advice, my friend. So far, the advice has been theoretical and I don’t want to steer you astray. As to the myko, I would assume every time you remove it(clean reservoir) you would need to add more and increase to full dosage as roots spread. Otherwise, there are vet dwc growers around and will be much more help. Is there any specific information on the packet pertaining to your medium selection?

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback and willingness to help it seems it Only has the instructions for dosage in different mediums but doesn’t say how many times how long or what at what stage to begin use

1 Like

I add to soil before I germ the seed to start breaking down in soil. I have heard that it is a “sooner the better” scenario. I don’t think you can use too much either, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Hi @Sirdabzalot Never used it myself but seedlings most likely won’t miss it as they require very little nutrients until they get a few sets of leaves…since this appears to be a root stimulant I would wait until I get a good root system in the bucket before using it. Since your are DWC make sure you are using some kind of root inoculant to prevent root issues…maybe this Mykos you got is supposed to be used for that purpose but I can’t tell from information on the web.

2 Likes

Depends on how many gallons are in your reservoir! If it’s 5 gal. Add 2-4 tbps per change/up to week 6-7., you can actually dip your bare roots into it., works even better w/Azos.

1 Like

I though so too when they rooted cause other wise it would just be soaking up the sponge I think I will wait until signs of some rooting !

1 Like