Mental Health vs Different Strains

Good point, they are pricey as hell, all basically only help a bit, and hard to know if dosing is right. I wonder if anyone on here has made their own tincture/rosin/anything from a cbd strain yet? @MDBuds do you have anywhere in the forum with your process for RSO?

Edit: oh yeah just homemade Rick Simpson Oil, I guess I can prob just Google, but any tips on making?

3 Likes

@kanashiihawk Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for sharing your story, as a matter of fact THANK you to EVERYONE who shared their story! First my name is Derek LaRose, I go by Kronic. I am the Weekly Wednesday Potcast Host for Homegrown Cannabis Co and I started that entire segment on IGTV because I wanted to discuss my journey in growing, dealing my ailments, physical or mental, and showcase to those fighting those fights they can do it as well! Also how to do it! I deal with chronic back pain, scoliosis, as well as pinched sciatic nerve with touching L4 and L5 vertebrae in my lower back, bone spurs, as well as carpal tunnel in both wrists from tattooing. I also have had severe trauma through the years, having been stabbed at 15, multiple times being jumped growing up (20 + Concussions at this point), as well as serious life traumas. Suicide was part of my path unfortunately but I’m glad to be here and alive. It allows me to share this with you all seeking those stories or asking for your own personal understandings.

For me anything too 100% Sativa can and will make me have severe panic attacks given the situation, circumstance, or surroundings. Generally if I am consuming any high Sativa strain I want to be outdoors hiking, writing music, writing poetry, handling my plants, or my animals.

Generally I like to consume hybrids, Sativa dominants for my daytime activity and Indica dominant for night time.

For sleep (oh yea forgot to mention insomnia is on that list with anxiety), I use heavy Indica. They help mellow me out the best, relax my back, as well as I’ll use any heavy Indica if I get migraines.

My go to strains -
For Sativas - Jack Herer, Haze strains, GG#4, Girl Scout Cookies, Sour Diesal, and Durban Poison.

For Hybrid Sativa Dominant - Blueberry x Jack Herer is my favorite and than any of the top sativa strains I have listed with indica backgrounds.

For Indicas - Blueberry is my all time favorite, any Skunk lineage, Northern Lights, and really any Kush strain I love! But Blueberry anything has my heart.

If you do want to hear me blab about my background or my cannabis journey I do have a youtube video on it :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_r77Q9JoY&ab_channel=TheCannabisKronicles

3 Likes

Do any of y’all suffer from severe muscle cramps & spasms on a daily basis? If so, what works for y’all?
Lookin’ to be pain free, or almost.

3 Likes

@GOLLO constantly unless consuming some sort of medication, typically cannabis.

You’ll want either hybrid or indica dominated for the muscular/inflammatory issues. Also something with a decent amount of CBD.

I broke my neck and back in 2007 (c2-t1) along with many other injuries in a car accident. The only thing that stops the spasm/cramps completely is heavy doses of cyclobenzaprine. Instead I use cannabis, while I still have spasms they are not near as painful or frequent. And it allows me to save the other heavy medications for when it’s real bad.

2 Likes

Thank you guys @MDBuds @coolbuds for your recommendations I will for sure look up the CBD oil and try it because I do need something to help with anxiety also. I will research that brand and see if I can find it locally. And I do have one recipe for an ointment that I have not made yet I want to try but I also would love to have other recipes and methods such as drops on the tongue or something so I don’t have to smoke all the time I’m leaning more towards therapeutic than just wanting to be buzzed. PS I thank everyone on here who is a veteran for their service that does mean more to us non serving than you can imagine. I will end this with a nice fall shot of Southwest Missouri!

6 Likes

@dmtscravey I would look into RSO. It was originally designed to treat skin cancer successfully but it also works great for pain, epilepsy, anxiety, ptsd, etc… depending on the strain used to make it. There is already a recipe and a dosing schedule for it here on the forum. Just need to source your strain and get some everclear ready along with some 60 ml catheter syringes.

3 Likes

I just went and read that recipe and I’m excited to try that. It sounds very simple to make and I’m hopeful it will work on my pain and some other ailments. Thank you for all your knowledge that you share with all of us On the forum and other places I’m sure.

2 Likes

Kronic/Derek:

First, thank you so much for your sharing of your journey and the strains that are helping you. While looking over everyone’s lists of favorite strains/cultivars I notice both a lot of similarities as well as differences.

I think it goes to show that we all need to be our “own-best-advocate” when it comes to ALL aspects of our health (Physical/Emotional/Mental) and we alone know what kind of “feels best” or at least hopefully HELPS our conditions without causing any undue side effects.

I’ve always heard the Ruderalis (autoflower) gene has more CBD in it than photo period, but as others have said…In today’s rapidly changing genetics even “auto-flowering seeds” can push some THC levels into high double digit numbers!

I have heard some really positive things about the Blueberry strain, and I do have some auto Blueberry seeds hanging around… Next grow cycle :wink:
Peace and Good health to all.
Jackie

3 Likes

here’s a blueberry Autoflower we have going right now! I really hope that this strain helps you as much as it helps me! It’s a pretty insane trichome producer - easily 18+ % :blush: much love and happy growing!!! :raised_hands::pray:

5 Likes

Oh man Derek: I wanna hug you AND the plant at the same time, ha-ha! What a beauty. I got a few auto critical purps going some auto GoldLeaf and some auto Northern Lights, I’d better get off my butt and post some photos on my own thread here, fair is only fair! By the way, thanks for ALL the inspirational photos and stories fellow friends.

3 Likes

@kanashiihawk Hello Jackie! My name is Stephen. I was just reading through this thread and wanted to comment on your original post. I’m always looking for uplifting/motivating and anti-anxiety strains for daytime use and pain relief strains for the evenings. Anything white widow does wonders for my pain. The terpene and cannabanoid profile of original white widow is the one I love the most. In small amounts it will ease any pain I have. Large amounts will knock me out cold (some days I need that).

I also read in another thread here that you have some Bubba’s Gift growing. :heart: :heart: :heart: That is one of my personal favorite strains. I’ve been growing it for about five years now, and even though the looks have changed a bit over the years (it used to have much more purple when cold shocked), the overall effect of the terpene and cannabanoid mixture make it my most favored anti-anxiety strain. Smoothest smoke I’ve ever grown. Very uplifting and motivating. I always find myself doing yard work or starting a new project when I smoke it, and I definitely don’t smoke it at night cause it actually keeps me awake (really gets your mind juices flowing in a positive way). I really hope your Bubba’s Gift turn out as wonderful as mine always do. Keep me posted.

I hope you find the strains that work best for you. I found that once I started growing my own weed I was able to get a much better idea of the effects of one strain versus another. And I also experiment a lot with mixing different strains together. My newest experiment will be with trying hybrids of two strains I like (White widow x Big Bud) versus just mixing those two strains grown separately, and seeing what the effects are.

Anyway, I hope everyone on this thread has luck finding their strain that they love the most and helps with their particular ailments, and happy growing everybody! :seedling: :fire: :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Yes! Growing out some Humbolt Seeds Bubba’s Gift as well as HCC Lavender and I have several Auto’s going now too (GoldLeaf, Northern Lights and Critical Purple) I really need to have the son snap some photos with his cell phone and help me upload it onto here.

As always, I am deeply touched by all of your stories and your finding peace and releif with different strains. I hope it helps myself and others consider some different strains and cultivars to help us find relief both for not only physical medical conditions but mental health medical conditions as well. Peace and kindness to all.

6 Likes

OK yesterday I did my 1st trial run of my purple Kush coconut oil. I - .75ml dose in the am and 1 - .50ml in the afternoon. I think it actually worked really well for my pain and on the anxiety. Usually by 8:30 at night my pain is so high I can’t hardly sit still or get to sleep and last night at 9 o’clock I had noticed I had no pain whatsoever in the usual places. I don’t know if it’s psychosomatic or it actually worked. I just did a full one ml dose this morning for my 2nd run through and I will see how it works today. But as for now I am very impressed on how it killed the pain yesterday, if that’s what did it. I’ll keep you posted Have a great day everyone, PEACE

6 Likes

@kanashiihawk haha much love! I really enjoy sharing, motivating, teaching, and just being goofy with this awesome community we have here! You all rock and I truly love what I’m able to do to be able help all of you! Happy Growing!

3 Likes

@dmtscravey Heck yea! That’s exciting to hear! I hope it’s working and you have figured out some pain relief for yourself! Really looks great!

3 Likes

Thanks pretty exciting to think about getting off these pain pills!!

2 Likes

DMT, how much kush did you use for this and how much oil? I have been using Grain at 190-200 proof to make my tinctures from my shake and nubbins. My issue is I cannot tell if the buzz is from the booze or the bud.

4 Likes

@Mrb53004 I used 28 grams of Bud and 8 oz or one cup of coconut oil. Decarbed the Bud at 200゚ for 25 minutes and then put it in a double boiler in the oil for 25 minutes and then strained and put in the jar. Hope it helps you also.

9 Likes

Sorry for the long absence…Been out recovering from some bad epileptic episodes lately. I wanted to take time to say “Congrats” to Derek LaRose: PERFECT MAN! Looks awesome! I know that when I am dosing cannabis oils/meds/etc for internal consumption (OTHER than smoking/Inhaling anything) that you should not necessarily feel a HUGE or heavy “Euphoric” effect but you know its working when the days go smoother, things just seem “brighter more tolerable” and even painful days seem a bit less… The mind seems less troubled and unburdened, even warm smiles and enjoyment again… That is how you know it’s working well for you for mental health issues. ((((hugs))) to all my friends on the forums!
Warmly,
Jackie

5 Likes

@dmtscravey Wow, you sure did make a concentrate! When I use my Magic Butter machine (or even a manual method) it’s always two cups of the Organic Crisco Coconut oil (unflavored- The stuff that literally melts at like 70 degrees F.) 2 cups oil to 14-28 grams of weed (Choose your own mixture of Sativa/Indica/Hybrid/CBD etc). and yes, always decarb your buds first (goes for any CBD Flower you buy also) now occasionally I WILL throw in a raw CBD or raw MJ Bud to specifically get THCa/CBDa and some of the more sensitive cannabinoids that may be destroyed by decarbing…There is still plenty of decarbed weed that ads to the high, but I use this in capsules or tincture (sesame oil with slight essential oil of orange or lemon is helpful too!). But yeah, what you made friend is a 2x mixture! LOL! Feel free to dilute it with some more coconut or MCT oil if needed :grinning:
Best health to all.

4 Likes